I installed the updated Opera Mini 5 a few days ago. I tend to open Opera and leave my favorite blogs open until I finish reading then open another one. I noticed after 1 day, my Opera locked up, and only a battery pull would fix it. Afterward, I left my favorite site open on Opera and drove to work. As soon as I got to work, I noticed my BB was rebooting. I avoided that site and was doing some general web surfing. That night, as I went to bed, I pull out my BB to put on the charger for the night, and it was doing it again.

Any one else experiencing this?
    05-27-10 07:08 AM
    good morning! can you tell me where to go to down load opera mini for my 8530i? PLEASE!!!!
    05-27-10 07:25 AM
    Try reinstalling the browser and giving it another shot.

Opera browser | Faster & safer internet | Free download
    05-27-10 07:32 AM
    I had Opera 4 on my BB. It popped up with a bar at the top telling me that an upgrade was available. I think you can use the BB browser to go to Opera and load it over the air. That is how I got version 4
    05-27-10 07:33 AM
    Yes, I am also experiencing random reboots and I have version five as well. I cannot use Opera anymore due to the program freezing when I try and use it. I am going to uninstall it and go back to version 4.1 I think it is.
    05-27-10 09:04 AM
    I used to use Opera, but it quit working when I updated to OS 5. Try Bolt Browser. It's not as highly polished, but it's a much quicker browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 07:23 PM
    IDK maybe ignorance is bliss but I tried several times to use Opera as my browser but the native browser seems to be faster and much easier to use. Didn't realize it until now but I guess I'm using Opera 5 as well on 4.6 but I have never had any issues yet.

05-29-10 03:15 AM
    I think Bolt is faster than both of them put together. At least on mine it is. After all "speed" is an oxymoron to the 8350i. Kinda like jumbo shrimp.
    05-29-10 11:48 AM
    I think Bolt is faster than both of them put together. At least on mine it is. After all "speed" is an oxymoron to the 8350i. Kinda like jumbo shrimp.
    I agree bolt is a lot better and faster if that's what you want to call it

05-29-10 06:24 PM
    I will say this tho,the 8350i allows me to multi-task better now that I know how to use it...Say for breakfast..I click my browser and go put toast in the toaster..Come back,read and click browser and toasts pops up. Go butter and come back, read page and click browser. Walk to fridge and get juice, and come back. I mean wow! Its a multi-tasking machine!
    Last year, I injured my shoulder where my chiropractor tasked me with stretches and pulls to keep my shoulder loose. Well step in the 8350i baby! You have plenty of time to get in all that extra therapy, while browser clickin on the 8350i! Twenty count stretches. No problem,just click and pump them out!... Ten count wall push-ups..No problemo! The 8350i browser,of whichever flavor you choose,is your multi-tasking friend! What a deal!
    05-29-10 11:52 PM
    I will say this tho,the 8350i allows me to multi-task better now that I know how to use it...Say for breakfast..I click my browser and go put toast in the toaster..Come back,read and click browser and toasts pops up. Go butter and come back, read page and click browser. Walk to fridge and get juice, and come back. I mean wow! Its a multi-tasking machine!
    Last year, I injured my shoulder where my chiropractor tasked me with stretches and pulls to keep my shoulder loose. Well step in the 8350i baby! You have plenty of time to get in all that extra therapy, while browser clickin on the 8350i! Twenty count stretches. No problem,just click and pump them out!... Ten count wall push-ups..No problemo! The 8350i browser,of whichever flavor you choose,is your multi-tasking friend! What a deal!
    Yep.....take a nap, make breakfast, do a therapy session....all between windows/pages loading. I'm sure the smartphone device capabilities RIM was looking for. Not bashing your post. Just found humor in it that only we 8350i red headed step children can.
    05-30-10 12:12 AM
    Just tried both and from my opinion,I'll take bolt because of the pointer. An opera its a little slower and not as accurate, on bolt, it just clicks onto everything and is very handy. IMHO, bolt is better.
    05-30-10 08:45 PM
    Ok, I uninstalled and did the OTA reinstall. Opera 5 now works great. The best thing about version 5 is that my task switcher ( I set the button on the right side, originally was the camera) now works in Opera. I had to his the green call button then hit the task switcher to go to another app. Thank you Opera!
    06-04-10 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD