I just dl'd opera mini 5 on my storm and had no problems whatsoever...maybe its my current os...I had a problem with deleting text that I was typing in.if I wanted to delete on character,the cursor would keep going until it wiped out everythig I had typed in.I changed the inline editing and that fixed the problem.the only question I really have is how to erase the speed dials? The help section within the browser doesn't help much.unless I'm doing something wrong. If soneone out there knows the solution...please fill me in.thanks ahead of time
    09-16-09 04:35 PM
    Highlight the speed dial. Press and hold the trackball you will get an option edit/clear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 04:51 PM
    use the.virtual keyboard . it hellps with typong and deleting
    09-16-09 05:02 PM
    You will find that when you change the inline editing, the browser will not function.

As far as the speed dials, just hold your finger on the speed dial you want to change and a small menu will pop up.

There is a thread for tips and findings under 3rd party applications, which will give you more insight.
    09-16-09 05:05 PM
    I don't have a trackball.I have a storm
    09-16-09 05:06 PM
    right, check sparhawke2000's answer. just hold your finger over the quickdial until the option window pops up.
    09-16-09 05:09 PM
    Highlight the speed dial. Press and hold the trackball you will get an option edit/clear.

Trackballs are lame.

09-16-09 05:09 PM
    Maybe someone could create a virtual trackball for the storm

Opera 5 mini definitely has some issues that need to be worked out.
    Last edited by sparhawke2000; 09-16-09 at 05:21 PM.
    09-16-09 05:10 PM
    works good for what i use for so far anyway
    09-16-09 05:36 PM
    Maybe someone could create a virtual trackball for the storm
    That would be awesome... PretendMyStormHasNoTouch would be the name of the app. lol...

Opera 5 has a lot of potential. Maybe I am lacking memory(.148), but mine was a bit lagging in the interaction response time... tabs.... AWESOME... clicking links wasn't as responsive as the official old opera. But I bet it is going to be awesome when they get it all cleaned up...
    09-16-09 05:41 PM
    nice to see a another useless repost, why don't you all try going to 3rd party apps and use the thread that was created last night when Opera Mini 5 was announced?
    09-16-09 05:58 PM
    moving to 3rd Party Apps
    09-16-09 06:05 PM
    I like the new setup. It has a lot of easy to manage items. It seems like a better fit for the storm than the previous version.
    09-16-09 06:28 PM
    I submitted 3 bug reports to the Opera guys:

1) Erase key on keyboard will erase all text.
    2) CR takes you out of a form object instead of adding a CR to a form textarea object
    3) Keyboard Gestures (aka Hide my keyboard) do not work in forms.

TheWitness
    09-25-09 09:33 AM
    Does anyone know how to download a file or photo with the opera mini beta 5 on the Storm?
    Mini 4.2 gave you the option, mini 5 goes to the screen to size it, but does not give you the option to save or download.
    09-25-09 01:12 PM
    I would also like to see a quick button/short cut that would allow me to view a page in "page view" or "column view". Going into the menu key each time to change the setting is a pain!
    10-01-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD