Hey everyone. I'm sure this has been posted some place else but I thought I'd bring it up anyway. Has anyone tried installing opera mini 5 beta to the bold 9700? It says to go to m.opera.com/next on your phone browser. I do just that but it just displays the terms and conditions with no link that says download, although it says it should say it below the terms. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    03-01-10 10:25 AM
    yeah Ive been using the beta2 for a couple of weeks seems o work pretty good havent had any issues yet.
    dont remember how exactly I got it but I think you have to click a box way down at the bottom.
    03-01-10 10:31 AM
    I scroll all the way to the bottom and there seems to be no box to click! It's an unlocked tmobile version that I'm running on AT&T network. Idk if that makes a difference.
    03-01-10 10:35 AM
    I downloaded Opera 5 beta 2 about 2 days ago (Saturday). So far so good....haven't used it that much but I have done some set-up and reset some of the + links.

I went to m.opera.com/next

1 - I tried about 8-10 times by clicking on the link on down the page where it talks about "We haven't yet verified that your device is able to run Opera Mini 5 beta 2" and then has a clickable Download link. This link would never work or complete the down load. It would quit or something.

2 - Finally got brave enough to click on the download link right under the bold text that states "DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION ON BLACKBERRY OS 5". When I finally clicked this download link it finally downloaded/installed and has been working fine so far.

NOTE/DISCLAIMER: I'm a newb..........but it seems to be working fine for me
    Last edited by duckduke; 03-01-10 at 12:14 PM.
    03-01-10 12:06 PM
    Yeah I was able to get it on my Bold too and it's working great. Took me a few tries and fiddling around the page to get it to download though but it's worth it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 12:09 PM
    I was wondering that also. Why does it say "Do not install this version on OS 5"
    03-01-10 12:10 PM
    +1 for running smoothly on AT&T, just don't care for the cursor.

03-01-10 12:26 PM
    use the BIS browser it will not work with the WAP browser
    03-01-10 01:24 PM
    I had to see for myself. Yea, it doesn't work through WAP, but only through BIS. I guess mobile sites are focused on the popular venues for internet? Meh, I dunno. Btw, duckduke, I also see DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION ON BlackBerry OS 5, as well. I guess I shouldn't mess with this beta version then. =P

03-01-10 03:16 PM
    I tried to download it, says "download failed". Interesting.
    03-01-10 03:24 PM
    Works gr8t with my TMO 9700. It took a few DL tries. The first one showed installation is failed. But I got it installed in the end via BIS. So far no issue.

03-01-10 04:07 PM
    Question: How do you zoom out on Beta 2? I pressed 5 but it didn't work. I have a 9700.
    03-03-10 04:27 PM
    I have found only a few issues with it, been using it for a month. Won't open a few message boards for me and also wouldn't open up kotaku for me yesterday.
    03-03-10 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD