Does anyone know if opera mini 5 beta will work smoothly? I just wanna make sure before I go and install it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 12:17 AM
    I don't have a Storm but I do have it installed on my Curve 8530 and so far it seems to be pretty decent; a lot better than the first beta that they put out. Does it compare to the iPhone, Pre, Web OS, of course not but for me in conjunction with the native browser, I'm happy for now.
    12-29-09 12:58 AM
    It works great. Just as it did on the 9530 storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 01:49 AM
    I have it for my storm two. Haven't encountered too many problems and prefer it. The only thing is that it is all touch screen without the click(if that makes sense).
    12-29-09 01:52 AM
    Works great. Just doesn't utilize the surepress tech yet
    12-29-09 03:01 AM
    i love the new beta works great, if only they would make something like bolt did where you can make it the default browser
    12-29-09 03:24 AM
    the latest beta is ace. i don't use the native browser anymore unless u need to download an app. and even then opera sometimes redirects it back to the native browser.

its much smoother and loading times are much better and rendering graphics its 100x better!

when the final version comes out, blackberry's native browser has a lot to beat! (which i'm sure it will with webkit!)
    12-29-09 03:52 AM
    Works great! MUCH better than the native browser. If you use WiFi, it's MUCH MUCH MUCH faster; if you use 3g it's still MUCH faster.

Only hit a few bugs - all minor. It's a bit annoying at first as you can't use the BB button - just takes a bit getting used to.

bert
    12-29-09 07:45 AM
    Works well for me too..I'm in love with the tabbed browsers! The only issue I have is the occasional wiping of information on battery pulls/resets.
    12-29-09 08:53 AM
    i love the new beta works great, if only they would make something like bolt did where you can make it the default browser
    It does this--partially. If you select a link in a text email or text message (using the Menu button) You'll get the choice to open the link in Opera Mini or the Native browser. If you select a link in an html email, it will open in the native browser. If you select any link with the Enter button, it will use the native browser.
    12-29-09 11:34 AM
    the latest beta is ace. i don't use the native browser anymore unless u need to download an app. and even then opera sometimes redirects it back to the native browser.
    Any streaming content or OTA installs will be redirected to the native browser. Also, if you zoom certain images the native browser will be used.
    12-29-09 11:37 AM
    Only hit a few bugs - all minor. It's a bit annoying at first as you can't use the BB button - just takes a bit getting used to.
    This must be a Storm issue. All other BB's have to use the BB button to access browser features.
    12-29-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD