I have a BB 8320 with ATT Wireless. Using my BB Browser I was able to download and install Opera Mini 5 Beta. However when I get the following error when opening the browser:

The application operette $2dhifi has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy

I've tried removing and re-installing and I've also tried using Opera Mini ver. 4 with the same results.

This is my personal BB however I do sync it with BBDM on my companies laptop for my contacts and calendar info, NOT for company email.

I would like to get this working and have researched a few threads indicating my company IT policy getting pushed to my BBs firewall settings and changing. I tried disabling the firewall but cannot because It has a small red lock on it preventing any changes.

Any help is appreciated.
    12-25-09 10:34 PM
    I was able to finally get this working!!! Here's what I did...

Using JL Cmder, I Made sure BB Desktop Manager (BBDM) was installed and on the latest version:

1. connected and backed Up my 8320 using BBDM.
    2. Downloaded JL_Cmder.
    3. Extracted executable and ran it. It installed and exe on my Desktop.
    4. Double-click on executable and followed the prompts.
    5. Selected option (5) Resettofactory - it Removed the IT Policy from the device and wiped all personal data while leaving the OS installed.
    6. After the reboot I reconnected and restored my backup from BBDM.

After that I Opera Mini 5 and a few other Apps started working as designed with no IT policy errors.

As an additional benefit:

Previously I was unable to get my 8320 to Sync with BBDM using my bluetooth connection. After I did these steps It worked! BBDM found my 8320 and prompted for me to connect to it. I'm thinking it must have been some king of firewall /IT issue preventing a proper bluetooth connection.

Sweet!!!
    12-28-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD