Opera Mini 5.1 now available. Go to m.opera.com on your bb browser. I know that the half white screen issue on the storm is still there but scrolling is way faster and smoother.
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 07-08-10 at 08:46 AM.
    07-08-10 08:43 AM
    Sweet hopefully fixes the youtube bug!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 08:52 AM
    Downloading now! Thanks!
    07-08-10 09:02 AM
    Got stuck on initial install. Batt pull, the installed again. Still jumpy as heck on my 8530. Uninstalled as it is utterly unusable.

Edited due to silly filter
    07-08-10 09:08 AM
    yep. installed & working great on my Tour
    07-08-10 09:17 AM
    I was hoping they would have found a way to allow this to work on the Bold 9650. The cursor is still jumpy and all over the place trying to navigate with the trackpad. I can't figure out how Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 will work with no issues, yet the last 2 versions they have put out have failed miserably.
    BlackBerry default browser, Bolt, as well as the new Uzard browser have no issues with trackpad navigation. I wonder why Opera can't seem to get this right. At least I still have the Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 .cod file. I'm going back to the old version.
    07-08-10 09:17 AM
    Got stuck on initial install. Batt pull, the installed again. Still jumpy as heck on my 8530. Uninstalled as it is utterly unusable.
    just for those that encounter it to be "stuck" on the initial install, let it be for a few more minutes. yes, it takes longer than it probably should, but it'll eventually get past that stuck point & finish what it needs to do
    07-08-10 11:04 AM
    Has anyone tried adjusting the trackpad sensitivity in the screen/keyboard setting to see if this would help?

07-08-10 01:37 PM
    Has anyone tried adjusting the trackpad sensitivity in the screen/keyboard setting to see if this would help?

Been there, done that.
    Still goes all over the place.

07-08-10 01:39 PM
    just for those that encounter it to be "stuck" on the initial install, let it be for a few more minutes. yes, it takes longer than it probably should, but it'll eventually get past that stuck point & finish what it needs to do
    I waited for 8 minutes. Figured that was long enough. After the battery pull, install went through in about 45 seconds.

Anyway, I'm happy enough with RIM's current browser, and BOLT when I need different rendering.
    07-08-10 02:11 PM
    I have tried to install it 3 times. I uninstalled, rebooted, installed, rebooted and it is stuck on the "Installing" screen with the red bar 1/6 of the way across. After 5 minutes it comes back with the error "Unable to connect to the Internet. Please check your settings."

I can go online with my native BB browser and everything else is working.
    07-08-10 03:30 PM
    I see the announcement says 5.1 is for low-end smart phones.
    07-08-10 03:42 PM
    I have tried to install it 3 times. I uninstalled, rebooted, installed, rebooted and it is stuck on the "Installing" screen with the red bar 1/6 of the way across. After 5 minutes it comes back with the error "Unable to connect to the Internet. Please check your settings."

I can go online with my native BB browser and everything else is working.
    Did you set all permissions to allow?
    Not sure if it will make a difference, but it's worth a shot.

07-08-10 04:02 PM
    Did you set all permissions to allow?
    Not sure if it will make a difference, but it's worth a shot.

Yes, I did.
    07-08-10 04:03 PM
    Check out the Opera Site. One browser. 3000 phones.
    It's for phones with low memory.
    07-08-10 04:09 PM
    Thanks. I guess I will uninstall it then. When I went to the m.opera.com it recognized my Bold 9000.
    07-08-10 04:11 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    I'll be glad when they come up with a solution for the trackpad issues on the 9650.

07-08-10 04:13 PM
    Thanks for pointing that out, Diffused. Now I know I don't need this update. OM 5.0 works just fine on my 9700.
    07-08-10 04:36 PM
    They state that the work done was mostly a low-end phone GUI fix, which switches the layount to a lighter, more text-based version on "dumb" phones. Despite all the BlackBerry complaints, there's no real change for us in this new version.

07-08-10 04:37 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    I'll be glad when they come up with a solution for the trackpad issues on the 9650.

Likewise, This Bold user is waiting for Opera to figure it out
    07-08-10 04:38 PM
    Seriously Opera, RIM is one of the biggest if not the biggest smartphone manufacturers in the world and your browser for those smartphones is not compatible(trackpad issue). How can they consider themselves a competitor with such an enormous flaw? And they release a so-called 'update' which doesn't even address the problem...from a market segment which likely has their largest share of users! Get your act together, Opera.

On a side note, how do you get Opera mini 5.x to use wifi? Before(4.2) this was just a setting you could check, now I don't see it and it doesn't seem to be using this wifi I am on while I write this...using the native BB browser of course, which can. *shrug*

07-08-10 04:57 PM
    Ya why doesnt this use wifi now this is bull
    07-08-10 05:05 PM
    Thanks! Downloading now.
    07-08-10 05:31 PM
    New build also didn't fix the youtube issue.

07-08-10 06:00 PM
    Same as before, trackpad flies all over the place. Wish they'ed get their act together!
    07-08-10 06:33 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD