Hi, just wondering if some BB users with the Opera Mini Web browser have updated to the latest version which is 5.1, and if so...what do you think about it?
    From my point of view, I think it's pretty fast, and may even serve as a substitute to the new BB6 web browser. (may even be faster)
    So for all Storm1&2 users, we can still have something to smile about in terms of browsing even after being left out on the new BB6 OS, especially it's much talked about browser!
    Thoughts...
    08-13-10 05:41 AM
    If it had pinch to zoom, I would call it near perfect for my needs right now. I would be much happier with OS 5.
    08-13-10 06:34 AM
    Trying it now on my 9700. Seems nice and fast. Faster then Bolt for sure
    08-13-10 06:40 AM
    I have been using Opera 5.1on my 9630 Tour and I am very pleased with it. I use an on-line editable database. With the native BB browser I can log into the database, but I can only view information in the database. With Opera Mini 5.1, I can log into the database and actually edit and add information just as easily as I can from my desktop PC.
    08-13-10 06:40 AM
    I love Opera Mini 5.1, but I take issue with the fact that I can't use the regular Facebook website anymore. I don't like to use the app and the mobile site is no friend of mine. I've been using the regular website on Opera Mini for awhile now and just yesterday, it stopped rendering the pages. Well, I get the home screen with the news feed fine, but whenever I go to someone's profile, it shows everything except for that person's news feed. It's weird.
    08-13-10 07:35 AM
    I've been having a problem with 5.1 where it will shink to half screen and the tool bar will be in the middle, with a blank screen from the bottom down. Anyone else had this happed to them?
    08-13-10 08:25 AM
    If it had pinch to zoom, I would call it near perfect for my needs right now. I would be much happier with OS 5.
    I have to agree 100% with this. The reason I never used to too much was it didn't pinch to zoom. If it did, I would NEVER need another browser.

Also, it still doesn't work on the Bold 9650 which pissed me off!
    08-13-10 08:32 AM
    I've been having a problem with 5.1 where it will shink to half screen and the tool bar will be in the middle, with a blank screen from the bottom down. Anyone else had this happed to them?
    Never experienced that.

Been using Opera 5.1 since it came out and older versions for years before that. It blows the native browser and bolt away in speed, ease of use, and is visually far more pleasing.

I haven't had the chance to use RIM's new webkit browser so I can not compare. I am really hoping it's better than Opera though.
    08-13-10 08:36 AM
    Moved to 3rd Party Apps
    08-13-10 08:55 AM
    Hate the fact that if i type something into a search bar and click search Opera mini reloads the same page and i have to hit search again. That's ********.
    08-13-10 09:06 AM
    The half screen is a know issue with the storm device. It is related to the updated os that have been sent out.
    08-13-10 09:46 AM
    Just downloaded 5.1. Mouse sensitivity is still an issue for me. The browser is fast but mousing around kills me. Its either too slow or too fast. Bolt has been my browser of choice for a long time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 11:45 AM
    I hate opera. I want the webkit to be like our native browser but with more
    Functionality and speed.

08-13-10 11:54 AM
    Just downloaded 5.1. Mouse sensitivity is still an issue for me. The browser is fast but mousing around kills me. Its either too slow or too fast. Bolt has been my browser of choice for a long time.

I agree.... I downloaded the app and loved it except for the "mousing around". I even tried palying around with the sensitivity settimgs, but that didn't seem to help... I eventually deleted it.
    08-13-10 12:03 PM
    This is faster than Bolt?
    08-13-10 02:58 PM
    If they fix the crazy touchpad sensitivity problems it would be my default browser.
    08-14-10 03:26 PM
    This is faster than Bolt?
    Yeah, it is faster and also has a better design which is visually pleasing to the eyes.

08-14-10 05:46 PM
    If they fix the crazy touchpad sensitivity problems it would be my default browser.
    Yeah, I don't understand why they don't get on this and fix the problem. Is it because OS6 is going to be coming out soon with the new browser and they don't even want to bother?
    08-14-10 07:19 PM
    I like Opera mini much better than the default browser. I wish there was a way to make it the default browser.

08-14-10 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD