Some of you know that i am a huge Opera Mini fan. Well i've been using 4.2 on my 8900 and my 9700 for quite some time. so i decided to try 5.0 Beta 1.0 and wasn't thoughly impressed with it. well they just came out with Beta 2.0. but couldn't use it. it wouldn't work properly. my phone wouldn't pick up the movements. Well i figured out how to fix it... here is simple step by step if you want to try Opera Mini 5.0 Beta 2.

download Blackberry Swiss Army knife from rimgeeks.com []RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0 ( download version 1.7)

Extract it and install it to you PC.

after you do that visit Opera Mini Beta Page, This is the page and download the version for the 4.3 devices. I know this seems odd but it is how you have to do it....

Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world

after you do that start up BBSAK

you will need to punch in your pass word if you have one set: when you lock the device you have to enter it to unlock it. After you punch in your password this screen will pop up... make sure your PIN is showing where the black box is, that will ensure the phone is connected to BBSAK

After you do that click on modify CODs & click on "install CODs"

after you do that it will bring up a new window... you'll want to navigate to where you downloaded and extracted the 4.3 file

select the "operette-hifi-fw43.cod"

and BBSAK will install the 4.3 file onto your device.

The reason you have to do is the Opera Web site is set to a default to install the 4.7 (for touch screens only) onto your device...and by manually installing the .cod you can bypass their default.... alittle work... but very well worth it...
    12-05-09 12:01 PM
    I am sorry, YOU figured out a fix? Are you sure about that? Nice job adding screen shots to someone else's work... MINE. Wow, that's low, taking credit for someone else's time, words, etc...

forums.crackberry.com/f35/opera-5v2-possible-fix-trackball-users-377377/
    12-05-09 03:18 PM
    I am sorry, YOU figured out a fix? Are you sure about that? Nice job adding screen shots to someone else's work... MINE. Wow, that's low, taking credit for someone else's time, words, etc...

forums.crackberry.com/f35/opera-5v2-possible-fix-trackball-users-377377/
    who cares who figured what out there chief . Get off you're high horse there buddy. And to be 100% honest with you I didn't even see your post. The world doesn't revolve around you. And if you want to get that picky I figured it out posted it on T-Mobiles forums before I posted it here. http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/BlackBerry-Lounge/Opera-Mini-5-Beta-2-0-released/td-p/268714 look at the time stamps your royal highness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 03:35 PM
    Yeah. Seriously. Like there was that much to figure out Einstein. To the OP; thanks for contributing something of value to the community.

12-05-09 03:48 PM
    Yeah. Seriously. Like there was that much to figure out Einstein. To the OP; thanks for contributing something of value to the community.

No problem glad I could help.

12-05-09 03:53 PM
    who cares who figured what out there chief . Get off you're high horse there buddy. And to be 100% honest with you I didn't even see your post. The world doesn't revolve around you. And if you want to get that picky I figured it out posted it on T-Mobiles forums before I posted it here. Opera Mini 5 Beta 2.0 released - T-Mobile Forums look at the time stamps your royal highness.

Wow, that is quite a defensive reaction for someone who doesn't care... and a post on a different site that also has a time stamp of today tells me what? This same solutIon nd the OTA solution came out on 12-2... But I will give you the benefit of the doubt, its not worth arguing about since it is just a post in a forum. But I am willing to bet you would be a bit perturbed at first too, if after you had taken the time to put this post together and add pictures, someone else put up a post that seemed to be taken directly from yours and took credit for it.
    12-05-09 05:22 PM

Thanks for the moot point captain obvious.
    12-05-09 05:23 PM
    I installed this on my Tour by OTA from the same link as above without using BBSAK. I have no issues and the trackball works fine. Weird...

12-05-09 05:37 PM
    Thanks for the moot point captain obvious.
    Thanks for the sand in your ****** as well
    12-05-09 09:09 PM
    Gonna give it a try
    12-08-09 07:53 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/newrepl...eply&p=4251495
    Ota..

12-08-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD