I recently upgraded the OS on my Sprint Curve 8530, and now I am having trouble with Opera Mini 5's latest release - the scroll speed is much faster than it ever was, and it makes it difficult to read a site or click on links. I was very happy with the last Opera Mini release, and I've never had this problem until I upgraded the OS. Is anyone else having this problem under similar circumstances? Aside from the easy fixes (uninstalling/reinstalling, downgrading the OS or Opera, etc) does anything know any other possible solution? Or is this just something I'll have to deal with till another update is released by Opera?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 11:22 PM
    You could always lower the sensitivity option of the trackball. It will effect the whole phone though.
    05-31-10 11:28 PM
    You could always lower the sensitivity option of the trackball. It will effect the whole phone though.
    That doesn't work. It's an issue with Opera and the OS. Opera is going to have to fix it or the device user will have to downgrade.
    06-01-10 01:42 AM
    Same issue here. Even tried opera 4.2 and same problem. Impossible scroll speed

08-28-10 03:56 AM
    Yeah, this is a common problem. You'll have to wait for Opera to fix it. Like Cynarra said, Bolt works in the meantime.

08-28-10 09:56 AM
    actually I tried bolt and it seems to be doing the same thing, extremly fast scroll speed
    08-29-10 12:57 PM
    Just upgraded to Opera Mini 5.1 AND switched from a Tour to a Bold. The Tour's trackball worked great with 5.0, but the Bold's scrollpad does not work well at all with 5.1. The pointer movement is erratic, scrolling entire screens at a time most of the time with even the barest of finger movements.

I used to prefer Opera because it was faster and opened more pages than the built-in BB browser, but I just can't use it anymore.
    12-06-10 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD