Is Opera Mini available for the Tour?
    04-16-10 06:58 PM
    yes it is...i think its operamini.com for the download
    04-16-10 07:01 PM
    ive tried opera mini and always find myself going back to the native browser, it seems very slow and hard to use.
    04-16-10 08:57 PM
    Yeah I was using Opera but when I upgraded my OS to 607 on my storm then I started having bugs with it.

I am using the native browser now and it isn't as fast but now I like reading text better on it. Hopefully future updates will speed up the BB browser.

By the way, I can't stand the Bolt browser.
    04-16-10 09:05 PM
    I tried oprea mini but I like bolt better for my tour I love the tab browsing makes me feel like I got a labtop in my palm try it people
    04-16-10 10:43 PM
    I tried oprea mini but I like bolt better for my tour I love the tab browsing makes me feel like I got a labtop in my palm try it people
    I'm just the opposite. I was using Bolt until I tried Opera Mini 5. I like the look and feel of the tab browsing on Opera, and it's really fast too. I do use the native browser as well.
    04-16-10 10:56 PM
    Opera mini 5 beta works way better and faster than the native browser for rendering full (ie non-mobile) pages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 11:13 PM
    OperaMini 5 is really buggy on my Tour. It locks-up from time to time. I would like to load operamini version 4.2 but it doesn't seem to be possible to find a link on the operamini website that will let me download it. If I click-on the link to download operamini 4.2, it directs me back to the download page for operamini version 5!!! Why is it doing this? I can't seem to download any other version other than version 5 onto my Tour from the operamini website.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

-jim
    05-20-10 06:51 PM
    I like both opera and bolt. Bolt seems a little faster but opera looks nicer. try both, see what you like

d
    05-20-10 07:09 PM
    Where can I get Bolt??
    05-20-10 07:18 PM
    I like the native browser a lot better than Opera or Bolt. I like the keyboard shortcuts in the native browser and it is much better with mobile sites. I don't like full sites on a mobile device. The BB browser has never been that bad in my opinion. I have always preferred it to other browsers on other platforms. They may render full pages better, but I haven't found them to be as intuitive. I would be interested to know if the webkit browser that's coming this summer with OS 6 with have the same keyboard shortcuts. If so, it will be the best browser in my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 08:25 PM
    Where can I get Bolt??
    go to your native browser and google it.

anyways i have opera and bolt on my tour. i actually use the native browser more often than not because it is faster loading than either of the others but as said previously opera mini is the best for non mobile sites. bolt was nice on my curve but the updates seem to make it cumbersome.
    05-21-10 05:51 AM
    using opera mini 5 for the tour. wouldnt think of using any other browser. tabbed browsing is so nice. loads faster then the native and bolt on the 9630. plus its the best browser in my opinion for rendering non mobile pages. and no browser click issue
    05-21-10 09:17 AM
    I defiantly love Opera Mini 5. It has its quirks but it is the best browser I have used with my Tour. I also use Bolt and the native browser so I am able to compare them all. I mostly use Bolt when I find something that Opera can't render right and I mostly use the native browser to download new applications or themes. Other than that though, I use Opera for everything.
    05-21-10 01:03 PM
    I prefer Bolt for the keyboard shortcuts and find it faster than the native browser. Opera doesn't have single letter shortcuts as far as I can see.
    05-21-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD