it just gets stuck on the instal load up page then says cant connect to internet? helpp! its the new 5.0 beta version.
    04-13-10 08:51 AM
    Where did you get it? If you go to http://m.opera.com there is a 5.0 final

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 08:58 AM
    Where did you get it? If you go to http://m.opera.com there is a 5.0 final

oh really? i just saw it was beta, i shall try it and get back to you
    04-13-10 09:02 AM
    Okay i found out that is the one i downloaded anyway, but i re downloaded it again, and its done the same thing.
    04-13-10 09:13 AM
    I've heard it doesn't run good on on os versions below 5.0.. But I don't know.. He only thing I could suggest is trying a different version or update your os if you haven't already
    04-13-10 12:20 PM
    it just gets stuck on the instal load up page then says cant connect to internet? helpp! its the new 5.0 beta version.
    Are you trying to run it the for the first time over WiFi? If so, that doesn't work--you need a data plan.
    04-13-10 12:23 PM
    I have a data plan, and i have OS 5 anyway, so i really dont know what's wrong, but now it loads up it has opera mini in a red banner on the top with a blank white screen, the wheel would turn for ages then says "connection failed. unable to connect. please review your network settings"
    04-13-10 12:39 PM
    ...the wheel would turn for ages then says "connection failed. unable to connect. please review your network settings"
    Try going into Settings and set the connection type to http. If it's socket, that could be the problem. Socket doesn't work for all operators.
    04-13-10 12:43 PM
    Where is the settings bit, little more information?
    04-13-10 01:53 PM
    Where is the settings bit, little more information?
    Menu, Settings, Advanced.

04-14-10 01:38 PM
    Did you mean actually on the opera browser? Because I went on my phones advanced settings and there was nothing here about HTML or whatever and I can't do qnyhing on the opera browser if I click the bb button it just has the option to exit?
    04-14-10 02:49 PM
    Any more help?
    04-17-10 11:08 AM
    Go into Opera Mini's settings. If all you're seeing is the exit dialog, then you probably pressed Back. The Menu button brings up a visual menu of touch buttons. Roll the track pad down to get to Settings. You're not looking "html or whatever" -- you need to try setting connection type to "http" if it's currently set to "Socket." :-/

04-17-10 11:15 AM
    I've heard it doesn't run good on on os versions below 5.0.. But I don't know.. He only thing I could suggest is trying a different version or update your os if you haven't already
    Runs fine for me, 8330m with 4.5.0.186
    04-17-10 12:35 PM
    Go into Opera Mini's settings. If all you're seeing is the exit dialog, then you probably pressed Back. The Menu button brings up a visual menu of touch buttons. Roll the track pad down to get to Settings. You're not looking "html or whatever" -- you need to try setting connection type to "http" if it's currently set to "Socket." :-/

okay but, i didnt click back at all. when i click on opera mini it'll load up then go to a blank page with the red banner on top, if i then press menu, (not back before that) it just comes up with exit?
    04-18-10 02:53 AM
    When you are at the red banner press the Blackberry button. Scroll over to the middle (on top of the right arrow) and then scroll down to Settings. Once in Settings scroll down to Advanced.

See the image on the right from their website for the navigation bar on the drop down in the middle. That is where you access Bookmarks, Settings, etc.

Last edited by sdmcwilliams; 04-18-10 at 09:11 AM.
    04-18-10 08:41 AM
    Sorry, you've lost me now. One of your earlier messages implies you got past the installation. Did you get past the installation screen? If so, and you still see a blank white page, try deleting and installing again. Try the Opera Mini forums and look for the settings help thread as there might be specific settings for Orange. I think it's titled "Help us help you with settings." The Opera Mini forums give you the best chance of finding the problem.
    04-18-10 10:24 AM
    Well first of all I would just get a be at the the bottom installing then just stop and give the error. However now it gets to a blank White page but with the red banner at the top, from then I Cannot view any annot view any settings.settings.

Okay update guys i can managed to get it too get to the settings and it is set and was already said to HTTP
    Last edited by Leo-King95; 04-18-10 at 03:38 PM.
    04-18-10 02:37 PM
    I am having a BB Curve 8520 and I have downloaded Opera mini Version 5.1.21216. I have not taken BB services and accessing internet through service provider services.
    I am facing an issue accessing internet through Opera mini Version 5.1.21216. It works for few clicks after install and then stops working giving following pop-up "Unable to Connect. Please review your network settings".

I came to know from some of the Crackberry posts that this issue gets resolved after battery pull. And it works for me that way.

But is there a permanent solution to this?? Battery pull is a pain and will damage the phone if done often.

Can someone help. Thanks in advance
    09-09-10 09:59 AM
    Today, after Opera was working great over the past few days, I also received the network settings error. I did numerous battery pulls and phone resets. Finally, I had to delete/reinstall the app. I have a love/hate relationship with Opera. When it works, it is a magnificent and very speedy (relatively speaking) browser. Trouble is, I always have to delete/reinstall after a period of time.
    09-09-10 09:25 PM
    I am having a BB Curve 8520 and I have downloaded Opera mini Version 5.1.21216. I have not taken BB services and accessing internet through service provider services.
    I am facing an issue accessing internet through Opera mini Version 5.1.21216. It works for few clicks after install and then stops working giving following pop-up "Unable to Connect. Please review your network settings".

I came to know from some of the Crackberry posts that this issue gets resolved after battery pull. And it works for me that way.

But is there a permanent solution to this?? Battery pull is a pain and will damage the phone if done often.

Can someone help. Thanks in advance
    09-17-10 09:26 AM
    Today, after Opera was working great over the past few days, I also received the network settings error. I did numerous battery pulls and phone resets. Finally, I had to delete/reinstall the app. I have a love/hate relationship with Opera. When it works, it is a magnificent and very speedy (relatively speaking) browser. Trouble is, I always have to delete/reinstall after a period of time.
    Could you find a permanent way out for this issue??
    09-17-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD