I have a Tour. I am going to try Opera Mini. When I got to the site on my phone it says to download Opera Mini but it also has a link for the opera mini 5 beta. Which one should I get? What are the advantages to the 5 beta and will it work on the Tour?
    02-15-10 12:58 PM
    I use the mini 5 beta, works great on my tour. Only downfall is it does not have the "BB" menu it's something different. Nice and fast though.

Bolt just came out with a new version but I have not tried it yet.

Both are worlds past the BB browser in speed.
    02-15-10 01:45 PM
    Thanks, I got the mini 5 beta. I really like it. Does full webpages very good. That is what I was looking for. I read a lot of the complaints about the new bolt so I went with the opera. I do see what you meant by not having the BB button menu. Took me a minute or two to figure out how to exit back to the home screen.
    02-15-10 02:06 PM
    You can also open multiple windows(tabs) with the opera, a trick I could not figure out was how to edit those 9 speed dials that were already used, just highlight the square and hit the "1/w" key and it will say clear/edit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 02:31 PM
    The only plus to the bolt browser for me is it will load scroll bars in the middle of pages which the opera will not, it does not even see them. So you miss some information.

02-15-10 02:35 PM
    You can also open multiple windows(tabs) with the opera, a trick I could not figure out was how to edit those 9 speed dials that were already used, just highlight the square and hit the "1/w" key and it will say clear/edit.

Also just hold trackball down on the one u want to delete or edit

02-15-10 02:35 PM
    The only plus to the bolt browser for me is it will load scroll bars in the middle of pages which the opera will not, it does not even see them. So you miss some information.

Opera has scroll "markers." They only stay visible for about one second after you do something. Press 2 or 8 to scroll and look at the far right of the screen for a small gray marker.
    02-15-10 08:43 PM
    How about Storm2?
    02-16-10 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD