Hey guys,

Is it just me, or is Opera Mini 4.2 not optimized for the Curve 8900? To me, the speed is fast, but the look of the webpages look worse than my curve 8320. They should combine the BB browser interface with the Opera Mini speed.
    03-13-09 12:02 PM
    i dont seem to have any problems with opera mini 4.2... maybe its the website you are trying to visit? i normally go in between different browsers.. my bb and opera..
    03-13-09 12:22 PM
    On some sites, it's unusable on the 8900. I posted about this on the OM forums, and a developer from Opera replied that it was a font issue with BlackBerry and there was nothing they could do to fix it.

I've become quite used to surfing with the default browser, although I limit myself to mobile sites. I was a huge fan of OM with my previous phone, and I wish it could be my sole browser on my Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 01:13 PM
    On some sites, it's unusable on the 8900. I posted about this on the OM forums, and a developer from Opera replied that it was a font issue with BlackBerry and there was nothing they could do to fix it.

I've become quite used to surfing with the default browser, although I limit myself to mobile sites. I was a huge fan of OM with my previous phone, and I wish it could be my sole browser on my Curve.

I hated OM on my 8310 and found myself just using WAP sites, etc. as well. Hopefully not the case with the 8900. Of course, after Safari & iPhone for a mobile interface experience, everything else has paled in comparison so far.

P.S., I have to make the obligatory reference to the Gators and my eternal loathing of anything from Gainesville. It's that SEC thing We do have a LOT to atone for after last season's debacle. Well, the entire season was a debacle basically. Not expecting Kiffin to pull miracles out of the hat immediately but a competative game against you guys in Gainesville this September would be a pleasant start.
    03-13-09 02:28 PM
    Opera works well for mine. You just have to know how to use it. Lol, I use mine for sites that I know, so I know where to browse for in the fully zoomed out view. It tends to load things faster for me, and that's why I use it in some cases.
    03-13-09 02:41 PM
    I hated OM on my 8310 and found myself just using WAP sites, etc. as well. Hopefully not the case with the 8900. Of course, after Safari & iPhone for a mobile interface experience, everything else has paled in comparison so far.
    If OM would fix the font issues and incorporate the smooth-scrolling mouse feature from the default browser, I'd fall in love all over again and Opera could bank revenue from my Google searches. They don't seem too keen on individualizing distributions of their software, though, as OM4 on my 8900 is essentially the same OM4 I used on my old U600.

P.S., I have to make the obligatory reference to the Gators and my eternal loathing of anything from Gainesville. It's that SEC thing We do have a LOT to atone for after last season's debacle. Well, the entire season was a debacle basically. Not expecting Kiffin to pull miracles out of the hat immediately but a competative game against you guys in Gainesville this September would be a pleasant start.
    I much preferred the exciting matchups of the Spurrier-Fulmer era to the lopsided Meyer-Fulmer games of the past few years. I'm not sold on Kiffin yet as a coach, but his papa is a local hero and should have your defense up to speed in no time. Lane was given such grief in the Florida press for his comments about Urban Meyer, but I thought he was just trying to fire up the boosters and promote the program. No harm, no foul.

I wouldn't expect a close game this coming season, though, as we're returning all 22 players from our NC defensive squad (every starter and their respective backups). The 2010 game in Knoxville is a completely different story, though. That's always a tough place to play, and the Vol Navy is an amazing display of fandemonium.

Sorry for the hijack y'all, us SEC guys can't separate business from pleasure.
    03-13-09 02:53 PM

Sorry for the hijack y'all, us SEC guys can't separate business from pleasure.
    SEC football is a religion, services are just held on Saturdays, not Sundays. Monte is truly one of the defensive gurus in football. If he can translate 50% of his knowledge into something that works at the college level, yes, we should improve drastically. Or at least be able to put a serious crimp into anyone's spread offense.
    03-13-09 03:08 PM
    OM is a total winner on my 8900 no problems at all.

Luv it Luv it Luv it

Typing this in large font on OM .. On the BB browser it would be tiny, run into one line and be total BALZ to correct..

I fart-king HATE the BB browser. Bolt is underwhelming..Their mobile view is WAY inferior to OM's.

Its my business to be on-line..

Roll on Adobe Flash 10 for the BB - flush the iPhone...

03-13-09 04:09 PM
    I think there are some bugs with it, too. Still works....a little buggy.
    03-13-09 05:36 PM
    Hi could you please tell me what site I can download the latest opera mini for my 8900 curve. On the opera mini site I cannot see it in the download section. Any help would be grateful.

Rob
    08-07-09 07:01 AM
    Bolt is better. I couldnt log on to facebook so I deleted.
    08-07-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD