chrisy A-? Why not an A? kidding
    11-12-08 10:24 AM
    because i can't stream Sirius radio! lol. if i could it would be an A++ ha
    11-12-08 10:34 AM
    I'm going with a C for OM, however cerealkiller, A+ on the avatar.

Skins nice, youtube ok, but if you can stream youtube, why not pandora or XM?

And the stupid auto cap, good lord that sucks to not be able to turn off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 10:35 AM
    I'm going with a C for OM, however cerealkiller, A+ on the avatar.

Skins nice, youtube ok, but if you can stream youtube, why not pandora or XM?

And the stupid auto cap, good lord that sucks to not be able to turn off.

yes the auto cap is a drawback albeit a small one.

A+? Fantastic! I was hoping for a star on my forehead as well but ill take the A+

11-12-08 11:29 AM
    Found a bug. Occasioanlly when I surf over to the OT forums I end up in bell south carrier forums. No big thing but maybe somebody else has experienced this.

11-12-08 10:57 PM
    I have an 8130 and was having problems downloading the app from the website from my device. I went to the site on my PC and downloaded the .zip file and extracted to my computer and installed using Destop Manager. It is working just fine. Just thought I let you all know.
    11-20-08 01:02 PM
    The OTA download went okay, but i noticed that i cannot bring up the menu, when i push the menu it fashes on and then goes away, sort of like being in the background. i'm running 4.5 now. tried rebooting, didn't work, deleted it and redownload another one, installed, and reboot, same problem.
    Any answers out there?
    11-20-08 05:49 PM
    The OTA download went okay, but i noticed that i cannot bring up the menu, when i push the menu it fashes on and then goes away, sort of like being in the background. i'm running 4.5 now. tried rebooting, didn't work, deleted it and redownload another one, installed, and reboot, same problem.
    Any answers out there?

Did you set all the permissions to allow?
    11-20-08 06:04 PM
    Mines been downloaded and running for awhile trouble free
    11-20-08 07:04 PM
    OK,
    Can't figure this out. I DL'd the 4.1 browser, installed and worked fine. Next day went to use it, and it ran fine, I could type in addresses and go, but any page that I needed to type text into a field (like what I'd be searching for in eBay, as an example); what would happen is this; I put my cursor over the field as if to type. Hovering over the field turns it light blue as if it's a selection of some type. If I hit the track ball on my bold to try and put a cursor inside the box to type from, I get immediately sent to a page that says: "enter text (5524)" . Typing into the field is impossible.

I installed 4.1 twice and had the same problem each time. So I uninstalled and tried the 4.2 beta and same thing.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Brian
    11-20-08 10:25 PM
    OK,
    Can't figure this out. I DL'd the 4.1 browser, installed and worked fine. Next day went to use it, and it ran fine, I could type in addresses and go, but any page that I needed to type text into a field (like what I'd be searching for in eBay, as an example); what would happen is this; I put my cursor over the field as if to type. Hovering over the field turns it light blue as if it's a selection of some type. If I hit the track ball on my bold to try and put a cursor inside the box to type from, I get immediately sent to a page that says: "enter text (5524)" . Typing into the field is impossible.

I installed 4.1 twice and had the same problem each time. So I uninstalled and tried the 4.2 beta and same thing.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Brian
    at the start screen, ,hit the BB button>settings>scroll down to network and see if it's in socket, if so put it in http, make sure the mobile view box is unchecked also..
    11-20-08 10:30 PM
    I've been using 4.2 beta for a few days and haven't seen any problems. I'm actually typing this using it now. My curve has the OS that came with the phone (4.3?). I downloaded it OTA and it worked on the first try. I might be imagining things, but most sites do seem to be loading faster than the official Opera release.
    11-20-08 10:39 PM
    Any answers out there?
    It could be because of the theme you're using on the BlackBerry main screen if it's a third party theme. Something to do with opera not supporting transparency I think. Try reverting to the phone's default theme and try OM again.
    11-21-08 09:18 AM
    Thanks. I tried switching it to http (it was in fact set on socket). But alas, it didn't change the result. I also switched back to the stock theme and no change there, either. Perhaps I'm just not meant to have opera mini on my BB.
    That's bites, but sometimes life bites, right?

Thanks!
    B.
    11-21-08 12:51 PM
    I had just about given up on OperaMini, but decided to try again and again. Is the normal operation of the browser that whenever you want to enter text in a field you need to go to a different page, type the text and use the trackball to roll to "OK" which then puts the text inside the original form? That just seems so awkward. Is there a setting I'm missing? It's making me nuts.

Thanks!
    B.
    12-05-08 02:26 PM
    I had just about given up on OperaMini, but decided to try again and again. Is the normal operation of the browser that whenever you want to enter text in a field you need to go to a different page, type the text and use the trackball to roll to "OK" which then puts the text inside the original form? That just seems so awkward. Is there a setting I'm missing? It's making me nuts.

Thanks!
    B.
    nope, you're not missing anything. that's how it works!
    12-05-08 02:51 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up. But I'd swear the first 2-3 times I used it, I simply typed in the field and hit enter like every other browser I've used.

I must be getting old...

Thanks!
    B.
    12-05-08 03:08 PM
    Downloaded it with no issues at all I use it for sites that the bb browser can't render.

12-05-08 03:14 PM
    Downloaded it with no issues at all I use it for sites that the bb browser can't render.

That's the "E" ticket..and you can download a podcast or other media bigger than the native limit with it...
    12-05-08 03:17 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD