I got my Curve 8830 two weeks ago. Besides the email and full keyboard, the other major reason to get a Blackberry was the Internet capabilities. I am a stock trader and need constant connectivity but am often away from a desktop...

Anyway, I read some of the threads here and ended up getting Opera Mini 4.1. I was reading their site and it says there is no end-to-end encryption. I was wondering if any of you know whether the Opera Mini 4.1 browser is safe and secure to use for online trading and banking. I seriously prefer the Opera browser to the standard Blackberry browser, but I need security.

Thanks.
    05-22-08 04:22 PM
    dont use it. everything you send goes through their proxy server...i want to say it's somewhere in switzerland but i'm not sure on that...i just know it's overseas. On many websites when i use opera mini I get ad's in a different language because of how they locate me using their proxy.

I would say if you are sending/recieveing financial data, to not use opera.
    05-22-08 10:09 PM
    Since we're on this topic is there a secure browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 10:20 PM
    Since we're on this topic is there a secure browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well I think what we're talking about here is someone being able to see everything you do in clear text vs someone having to hack to see it.
    05-22-08 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD