I don't understand how anyone uses this app? The keyboard acts like a non-qwerty keyboard for me and it always asks me about connecting to a low level connection? I know the keyboard does not automatically pop up but if I hit a key before it is ready, it puts in the next letter from the keyboard.

Is this right or do I have something wrong? It seems faster but seems like a headache.

Thanks
    02-21-09 10:26 AM
    It definitely takes some getting used to, but it is the only browser that I use because of its speed. It does still have some issues and is not yet optimized for the storm, but give it some time. I'm sure one that takes full advantage of the BB touch screen will be available soon.
    02-21-09 10:29 AM
    Sounds like something wrong, works perfect for me. Just when entering a web address you have to click the box (tap it don't click the screen) then press the app key and say show keyboard. Anywhere else it comes up automatically. Love opera.
    02-21-09 10:41 AM
    its awesome, a few click doesnt hurt compare waiting for 2 min to a page to load on bb browser
    02-21-09 10:43 AM
    Love it viewing this on it right now. You just have to get use to it but it is great. Tap things no need to click the and I turned up the font to as large as it gets (got big fingers)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 11:08 AM
    I just use it for browsing full web pages and at night in bed so my wife doesn't rip my head off for "clicking". The more I get used to it (it's not optimized for the Storm) the more I like it. It gives you a good idea of the kind of browsing experience that will ultimately be available. Anyone else notice that sometimes after using the qwerty keyboard in Opera that the keyboard default changes from SureType to multitap? Easy enough to switch back but I was wondering if there is a way to prevent it?

Anyway, Opera is good and I think potentially great when a Storm-optimized version comes out.

02-21-09 11:24 AM
    Honestly though when people say it's not storm optimized it's a bit misleading to me. I mean I think of not optimized as in pages rendering wrong, or rotating the screen doesn't do anything and so on. The only non storm optimized things I can find are:

1) You tap the screen like the iPhone versus clicking the click screen, which honestly I don't see the big deal, it's not like you accidently click, sometimes I have to tap a link 2 or 3 times to to get it to register so it's totally fine.

2) When clicking the web URL box to enter an address, the keyboard doesn't auto show. You have to press the app key, and show keyboard. Type your URL hit enter, then swipe your finger down to hide the keyboard, that's it.
    02-21-09 11:40 AM
    i honestly like the taping so so much better and you cant't beat the speed
    02-21-09 11:48 AM
    Honestly though when people say it's not storm optimized it's a bit misleading to me. I mean I think of not optimized as in pages rendering wrong, or rotating the screen doesn't do anything and so on. The only non storm optimized things I can find are:

1) You tap the screen like the iPhone versus clicking the click screen, which honestly I don't see the big deal, it's not like you accidently click, sometimes I have to tap a link 2 or 3 times to to get it to register so it's totally fine.

2) When clicking the web URL box to enter an address, the keyboard doesn't auto show. You have to press the app key, and show keyboard. Type your URL hit enter, then swipe your finger down to hide the keyboard, that's it.
    That's a good point. If their Storm version means that you have to click instead of just touch, I would probably not upgrade. I just meant that it's not designed for the Storm. The keyboard stuff is the only bothersome annoyance to me.

02-21-09 02:07 PM
    Anyone else notice that sometimes after using the qwerty keyboard in Opera that the keyboard default changes from SureType to multitap? Easy enough to switch back but I was wondering if there is a way to prevent it?
    I think this is what I am seeing. It reminds of me texting on my old chocolate. Is this just the keyboard default? When I type, I have to wait for the cursor to move before I can hit the next letter.

How are you reverting this back?
    02-21-09 04:57 PM
    bolt is better
    02-21-09 05:27 PM
    I think this is what I am seeing. It reminds of me texting on my old chocolate. Is this just the keyboard default? When I type, I have to wait for the cursor to move before I can hit the next letter.

How are you reverting this back?
    To enable SureType while in Multitype (or visa versa) hit BlackBerry key and select "enable SureType". You may need to go into an email to see that selection choice.

02-21-09 07:37 PM
    I don't understand how anyone uses this app? The keyboard acts like a non-qwerty keyboard for me and it always asks me about connecting to a low level connection? I know the keyboard does not automatically pop up but if I hit a key before it is ready, it puts in the next letter from the keyboard.

Is this right or do I have something wrong? It seems faster but seems like a headache.

Thanks
    Can someone post a direct link to the download. Cause I tried to get it through sms text but it never came tp my phone

02-21-09 08:27 PM
    Pretty sure you can get it from the sticky on the storm forum at m.crackberry.com

I have played a little more with Opera. The keyboard is working now even though I did nothing different. The touch vs the click is good sometimes but others it is a pain. The little menu that pops up is annoying.

I did not like Bolt. It is incredible slow for me. Weird thing is, I was able to hit my works OWA via an https link but the stock browser will not. Any reason for this?
    02-21-09 09:40 PM
    In settings on opera make sure auto text completion is off or unchecked will fix keyboard issues!!

02-22-09 01:26 AM
    I love operamini. I just wish its more storm compatible. I wrote a letter to the opera team and asked for a storm friendly browser. They got back to me and say they are working on a new version for the storm.

Fingers cross.

02-22-09 01:43 AM
    Besides the speed gain that is talked about, are there any other benefits of using Opera Mini over the BB Browser?
    02-22-09 05:26 AM
    Besides the speed gain that is talked about, are there any other benefits of using Opera Mini over the BB Browser?
    Try it and see!
    02-22-09 10:04 AM
    yes its horrible
    02-22-09 10:35 AM
    No other benifits... No downloading on its own either... It has to redirect to the bb browser to dl anything... BUT the speed is waaaay worth it. U can beat the snot outa any iphone. U can truley see what 3g is....
    Its faster than my home wifi on my 6month old laptop....

02-22-09 12:01 PM
    No other benifits... No downloading on its own either... It has to redirect to the bb browser to dl anything... BUT the speed is waaaay worth it. U can beat the snot outa any iphone. U can truley see what 3g is....
    Its faster than my home wifi on my 6month old laptop....

Thanks for the info. I thought read about it allowing you to download bigger file sizes. Must have been something else.

02-22-09 06:51 PM
    I like opera's ability to download files, especially PDFs.
    02-23-09 12:27 AM
    Thanks for the info. I thought I read about it allowing you to download bigger file sizes. Must have been something else.

02-23-09 01:39 AM
    Way faster but does not support pop up windows that I can see so far.
    Which sucks for me I have a web page that I have to use for business that has icons you click on and pops another window up.
    Works OK in the BB browser but just reloads the same page in Opera. If anyone knows a cure for it let me know.
    02-23-09 01:45 AM
    i cant wait for a version built for the storm to come out
    02-23-09 03:39 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD