so im new to blackberrys i heard i can use this to surf the web...how do i download this? and do i need any special features my plan to use it?
    12-26-07 09:27 PM
    Dont have to have opera, but its better than the default browser

http://www.operamini.com/
    12-26-07 10:16 PM
    Just for the **** of it I downloaded opera mini to my bb after I read this post from my berry. Just for reference, this is a free program correct?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-07 10:42 PM
    I think it is free. I downloaded Opera today. It is certainly better than the default browser.

12-26-07 11:36 PM
    I think it is free. I downloaded Opera today. It is certainly better than the default browser.

12-26-07 11:37 PM
    Yes, Opera Mini is free.
    12-27-07 12:28 AM
    I downloaded it, but it didn't work so I just deleted. But then again, I'm a n00b. looked around for solutions, but I actually enjoy the internet browser. Works just fine for me right now.

may upgrade to opera mini in a few months...maybe even days, just becuase its fun!
    12-27-07 01:34 AM
    ya i can't get opera mini to work. it installs and in the final step it says cannot detect internet connection please visit www.operamini.com/help for further assistance.. i didn't understand why it didn't connect to the internet i wasn't in a dead stop, better yet i was connect via wifi at the time!
    12-27-07 09:32 AM
    I get the same problem and I would love for it to work. I downloaded, when I click on it it says it is installing then tells me it doesn't detect any internet. Anyone have any suggestions? Does it just not like the 8100?
    12-28-07 09:28 AM
    It took me a long time to figure out how to get it to work on my 8100 and I finally got it to work today...

The trick is that you have to register your phone. You can manually do this by going to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table. Once you're there go to the text in bold and click the menu key and choose "Register Now".. You'll have to remove the Opera Mini application and reinstall it. It doesn't work instantly but give it 30 minutes or so (not exactly sure how long) and it should work fine. I hope this helps! This method also allowed me to use JiveTalk which didn't work either.
    12-28-07 02:57 PM
    I googled the problem and found that if you go to options-adavnced options- tcp-apn and I had to type in wap.voicestream.com in order for opera mini to connect I'm not sure why though its a neat little program

12-30-07 01:07 AM
    Also does opera mini work with my wifi connection?!

12-30-07 01:18 AM
    Once I set it up it really paid off. Amazing little browser. I never thought it was possible to surf so well on a screen this size.

12-30-07 10:47 PM
    i love my Opera its just a beautiful thing!!!
    01-11-08 02:50 AM
    I clicked on browser, then clicked on the blackberry button (left side of trackball) options, then browser config, then emulation mode, change it to internet explorer. Then opera mini will work and hellva lot faster browsing. i couldnt tell if i was surfing edge or wifi. seriously
    01-12-08 08:24 PM
    similar problem... sackattacks idea seems good tho ill try that
    01-12-08 09:31 PM
    This app is superb. I use it on my 8300 (it also works very well on other mobile devices I use).

It's the first time I've actually had a great mobile experience on the web, using a mobile device (other than mail and chat, obviously).
    01-14-08 12:57 PM
    I still get the error. "Failed to connect to the Internet" How do I fix this?
    My default browser works but I want this to work as well.
    01-14-08 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD