Bare with me on this one.

The storm 2 OS offers the user the ability to toggle between Suretype (or whatever its called) and an "iphone-like experience". I was under the impression that his was driven by both the S2 OS and the hardware improvements.

Opera mini on the Original Storm basically works like the iphone's experience. So, why can that functionality carry over to the rest of the UI?
    10-25-09 03:12 PM
    I just guessing that the app was wrote to use the "suretype" and the OS for the storm wasn't. That was there main selling point. "click"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 03:18 PM
    it would take RIM to modify there OS for the S1 in order for something like that to work. using an app cant change the inner workings of the OS that way. know what i mean?
    10-25-09 03:19 PM
    Which makes, sense, but there are so many people out there tweaking and writing code for these phones, you'd think someone would rewrite the OS code enabling the feature...
    10-25-09 03:22 PM
    ive never seen the actually writing os code, usually all they do is re arrange java files and make apps that change some aspects of the phone. It would take one of RIM's programers to create that probably
    10-25-09 03:26 PM
    Seriously, why do people want a non-click screen from a click screen phone? If you don't want it to click then buy something else. The whole point of the phone is the click touchscreen.
    10-25-09 07:03 PM
    Seriously, why do people want a non-click screen from a click screen phone? If you don't want it to click then buy something else. The whole point of the phone is the click touchscreen.
    This and the iPhone are the only good solid touch screens I have personally used. Anything else to me just feels, awkward... If someone wants a phone, let alone a BlackBerry that is touch screen with the same response and quickness of the Storm's, but no click, they have very limited options. Every other touch screen out there I've used feels like complete **** when compared to this and the iPhone.
    10-25-09 07:08 PM
    SureType is the portrait style keyboard with 2 letters per key. SurePress Is the name for the clicking screen. So that is not refering to using the device without clicking. I agree with some other posters above that of you don't want to click get any other touch screen device and have at it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD