OK so I have answered questions now for a while, I need to ask one of my own this time.

I have a Storm that works near flawlessly... with one minor issue that I can't figure out. I am running on .148, and have had .75, .109?, .113, .122 and .141 ... Ever since I moved on from 113, when I do a Google search from my Opera browser, it locks up my entire phone for a minute or so. If I press nothing, the display will never change off the locked up image of the google search, with the "connecting" bar on the bottom. If I press back or End... nothing. All of a sudden, after a minute or so, the indicator pop up of a low-level connection blah blah blah comes up, and everything works fine. I have changed nothing besides the OS version, I have un-installed and re-installed multiple times on each of the OSs that have failed this... all to no avail. My normal browser works OK, but it's slower, so I don't like using it.
    Has anyone else seen this issue? I searched, and found other issues, but none like this.
    06-23-09 01:15 AM
    im not sure, since i dont use opera mini, but could it b bc opera isnt fully storm compatible yet? ?
    06-23-09 01:29 AM
    I was wondering that too... but it worked beautifully until I got up past .113
    06-23-09 01:38 AM
    Happens to me too, also with the other searches. Dont know why, but now I just go to google.com instead
    06-23-09 01:42 AM
    It only happens if you haven't previously allowed opera to make the connection
    06-23-09 05:19 AM
    It only happens if you haven't previously allowed opera to make the connection
    Happened to me several times in a row. But if you don't exit opera youwont have a problem. Still annoying tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 08:29 AM
    I get it all the time. I just choose one of the links that Opera has on the start page, choose Yes, then go back and search Google.

Why there hasn't been a Storm version of Opera created IDK.
    06-23-09 08:40 AM
    yeah you can't just open opera and do a search you have to open up a webpage first then go back and do the google search

i dont see opera making a new version unless its for 5.0
    06-23-09 08:47 AM
    Known issue.

If you set up a rule in the firewall for Opera, it apparently doesn't happen (Opera is hanging on the "access" dialog)
    06-23-09 09:29 AM
    hmmm I don't know why I never thought of that. OK, loading a website first to get past the permissions window worked, firewall didn't. Trying a few more settings and will post results.

Thanks for the info all

**Results**
    In the edit permissions window (Options > Security Options > App Permissions: Hilite Opera Mini, hit menu and select Edit Permissions)
    Expand Interactions and changed Browser Filtering to Allow
    back out to Security Options screen and select Firewall
    Hit menu and choose Edit Default Permission
    Expand Connections
    Changed Server Network and Internet to Allow
    (Appears that I could have just changed the Browser Filtering setting from here too)

I don't know which of these was the fix, but it works now without opening a webpage first. I still get the stupid prompt, but I don't wanna enable my firewall, so I will leave it here i guess... works for what I wanted to achieve.
    Thanks for the heads up night
    Last edited by VerizonTechie; 06-24-09 at 01:42 AM. Reason: posting results
    06-24-09 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD