Bare with me, I tried Opera and I can't even figure out how add a bookmark. And you can only have 9?? What's that about? Someone help me here.
    08-22-09 06:31 PM
    ... And you can't move the pointer diagonally!!

I stick with the default browser myself. I haven't found a site that I frequent that the default broswer can't handle and opera can.

My default browser is just as fast as opera or bolt as well.

It's all personal taste though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 06:34 PM
    I think this works:

While on the default home page, click Bookmarks, then hit the BB menu key, then Add. After, you can input the website url.

Hope that works!
    08-22-09 06:42 PM
    I'm with danoh on this one I like the standard BB browser myself have't came across one it can' handle yet.

08-22-09 07:40 PM
    I used opera on my Pearl but on the Tour definately BB browser.

08-22-09 07:44 PM
    ditto. the stock browser is extremely competent. Certainly when OS 5.0 comes out, it will only get better...
    08-22-09 07:48 PM
    Give Bolt Browser a try, I use it as my everyday browser and I love it, IMO best browser available...until Skyfire releases ofcourse
    08-22-09 07:54 PM
    I'm currently using opera... Imo it is the best browser for the forums, much much faster loading.

08-22-09 08:01 PM
    I think Bolt is better than Opera Mini. When I go online I use the BB browser to download anything I want but have to use Bolt to go on FUBAR. BB won't allow me to do anything on that site.
    08-22-09 08:03 PM
    Opera Mini vs. BOLT IMO

Rendering mobile sites, speed - Opera Mini
    Rendering mobile sites, quality - Opera Mini
    Rendering full sites, speed - BOLT
    Rendering full sites, quality - BOLT
    Navigation - BOLT
    Shortcuts - BOLT
    Interface - BOLT

Prior to fully exploring BOLT and adjusting its settings, I was a die-hard Opera Mini fan. Can't say the same anymore after re-adjusting myself to BOLT.
    08-22-09 08:20 PM
    Opera Mini vs. BOLT IMO

Rendering mobile sites, speed - Opera Mini
    Rendering mobile sites, quality - Opera Mini
    Rendering full sites, speed - BOLT
    Rendering full sites, quality - BOLT
    Navigation - BOLT
    Shortcuts - BOLT
    Interface - BOLT

Prior to fully exploring BOLT and adjusting its settings, I was a die-hard Opera Mini fan. Can't say the same anymore after re-adjusting myself to BOLT.
    I completely agree with you. I have BOTH Opera and Bolt installed on my Tour and I use them both for different reasons.
    08-22-09 08:26 PM
    its all on opinion if opera mini is better or even bolt ....
    i have both and still find myself using the bb browser love it on the tour since it does act/look like om and bolt
    so i say mess around with om and if you can't deal with it ....delete it
    08-22-09 08:37 PM
    The BB browser is great for quick things and anything that requires secure logins. I use bolt for anytime I want to see a full page in the original format. I didn't like the way opera rendered the pages.

I wouldn't trust any personal info with opera or bolt since everything gets routed through their servers.

08-22-09 08:57 PM
    The BB browser is great for quick things and anything that requires secure logins. I use bolt for anytime I want to see a full page in the original format. I didn't like the way opera rendered the pages.

I wouldn't trust any personal info with opera or bolt since everything gets routed through their servers.

that is a good point about there servers ....but also if your going to check your bank account or something to that nature I always say check it from your p.c./mac witch ever just more secure
    08-22-09 08:59 PM
    Using the bb browser, everything gets routed through RIM's servers...

08-22-09 09:02 PM
    To add bookmarks, hit #7 then the BB key and save. To access bookmarks, hit #2. I now primarily use Opera for everthing..I think it's much faster then the BB browser. However, the inconvenience keys don't work within Opera and I wish it had direct keys like the BB browser. Other then that, Opera is excellent.

Laz
    08-23-09 06:36 AM
    I use all 3 daily. BB for crackberry and mobile sites and google/wiki searches. Bolt for sites I want perfect rendering and Opera for when I don't need the best rendering but want it done faster than Bolt. Each has its plus' and minus' and each works best for different situations. Try em all!

08-23-09 06:46 AM
    Yeah, the default BB browser is up to par with the other mobile browsers. It renders mobile sites fairly quickly and without much fuss. I get the random lag but those are far in between. Have to say I'm pretty content with the default BB browser.
    08-23-09 07:10 AM
    In the BB browser un click support java script under browser configuration, click all of the others. pick firefox instead of BlackBerry (switch back when you download of course) under browser identification. Under general properties un click full screen view. I have found with these settings BB browser beats Bolt and even my ipod touch on wi-fi on full and even mobile sites. Opera mini didn't always show images on the lower half of web pages so I got rid of it (but I did like it). Bolt is great for full web pages as well and when I can't do something on BB I use that, which is almost never. Sorry if this has all been stated, but if it hasn't hope this helps. By the way when I compared download speed and quality I compared it on the different browsers and ipod touch using the crackberry.com full site. This tour browser is no joke, can't wait for 5.0.

08-23-09 08:31 AM
    Prior to fully exploring BOLT and adjusting its settings...
    What settings?
    08-24-09 07:09 AM
    In the BB browser un click support java script under browser configuration, click all of the others. pick firefox instead of BlackBerry (switch back when you download of course) under browser identification. Under general properties un click full screen view. I have found with these settings BB browser beats Bolt and even my ipod touch on wi-fi on full and even mobile sites. Opera mini didn't always show images on the lower half of web pages so I got rid of it (but I did like it). Bolt is great for full web pages as well and when I can't do something on BB I use that, which is almost never. Sorry if this has all been stated, but if it hasn't hope this helps. By the way when I compared download speed and quality I compared it on the different browsers and ipod touch using the crackberry.com full site. This tour browser is no joke, can't wait for 5.0.

These settings are great, made a few pages veiwable for me that weren't before, thanks a ton.. And yes its FAST!

08-24-09 08:10 AM
    I have the browser set for Blackberry, I'll change to FF and give it a go. But to say that browsing over 3G (450Kbps) is faster than WiFi (4000Kbps)...well...that I can't believe.
    08-24-09 09:36 AM
    Anyone have a link for bolt?
    08-24-09 10:35 AM
    i use both Bolt & Opera....i like Bolt a lil more than Opera, but certain sites work better on opera, but on Bolt, you dont have to worry about zooming in like you do on Opera...
    08-24-09 10:57 AM
    Anyone have a link for bolt?
    Let me google that for you
    08-24-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD