Also interested in this. I use opera to browse full sites. The last thing I want to see is mobile sites.

And yes, mobile view is OFF
    The Mobile View Option means you'll see the page in a single column view--it doesn't have any affect on how Web sites interpret your device. What site you see is determined by the Web site itself. When sites see the Opera Mobile/Mini browser, they serve up the mobile version. You don't see that as much with BOLT, but it's not something the browser itself can control. User agent strings don't seem to make much of a difference any more.
    12-03-09 08:19 PM
    The Mobile View Option means you'll see the page in a single column view--it doesn't have any affect on how Web sites interpret your device. What site you see is determined by the Web site itself. When sites see the Opera Mobile/Mini browser, they serve up the mobile version. You don't see that as much with BOLT, but it's not something the browser itself can control. User agent strings don't seem to make much of a difference any more.
    Must be something on how the browser is being recognized in this new beta. In the last beta the sites would render in the old fashioned desktop view. In this beta they are rendering in the mobile view. Most likely a change. A simple toggle option would be great.
    12-03-09 09:48 PM
    Works like a charm on my 8900 (.348). I will never use 4.2 again.
    12-04-09 02:46 AM
    What a great week, Opera Mini, UberTwitter and Nimbuzz all dropped new versions and I am very happy :-)
    12-04-09 03:07 AM
    Just got beta 2 installed on my blackberry and
    have a couple of question. One, how do I turn
    on in line editing? People say to use long press,
    but what does mean? I thought maybe you
    have to press down on the trackball for a few
    second but that's not the case. Secondly, how
    do I enlarge the interface and menu font cuz
    they're so tiny compared to beta 1 and it
    becomes a struggle after a while. Also certain
    website that was rendering fine on beta1 now
    have this white screen glitches(yahoo sports). Any fix for this?
    If all else failed I would like to get back OM
    beta 1 if someone direct to the right place
    thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 12:14 AM
    found the solution to my blackberry 9700 opera 5 beta 2 problem. I wasn't getting any trackpad response and overall phone weirdness. Followed this guys instructions and so far so good.

Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 9700 Fix - PinStack.com
    12-05-09 02:38 AM
    thanks.
    Anyone?

12-05-09 08:50 AM
    thanks.

The inline editing setting seems to have been removed from the BB vesion. You don't have a choice any more. A text box will open for editing when you select it.

You're correct about what a long press is. Keep in mind the BB version of Opera Mini 5 is a native BB application, not a Java app like previous versions, and the current version for other devices. This means options may differ slightly from version to version.

I don't think you can change the interface font, only the Web page font.
    12-05-09 11:08 AM
    with out stepping on anyone's toe i just made this write up for it... with pick tars....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...ta-2-a-377146/
    12-05-09 12:02 PM
    with out stepping on anyone's toe i just made this write up for it... with pick tars....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...ta-2-a-377146/
    Thanks for rewriting my thread from a number of days ago and for re-posting information that others have already shared a number of times. I REALLY like how you take credit for coming up with it in your thread. That is pretty lame in my book.
    12-05-09 03:25 PM
    Thanks for rewriting my thread from a number of days ago and for re-posting information that others have already shared a number of times. I REALLY like how you take credit for coming up with it in your thread. That is pretty lame in my book.
    My reply to this is on my thread.

12-05-09 03:51 PM
    In beta 1 there was a smaller font option than small (very small or something) that doesn't appear to be there in the new beta. The small font size is too big in my opinion. Anyone have any suggestions?

12-05-09 03:56 PM
    Can someone post the 4.2 .jad direct link like they did for the opera 5 link. 4.2 is so much better.

12-06-09 11:57 AM
    Does anyone know if they fixed OTA downloads for this beta? Don't feel like going through the whole swiss army knife thing and installing from my desktop.
    12-07-09 02:30 PM
    Can someone post the 4.2 .jad direct link like they did for the opera 5 link. 4.2 is so much better.

go to your WAP browser and visit m.opera.com

12-07-09 02:39 PM
    Works a treat with 8520!
    12-07-09 02:55 PM
    Does anyone know if they fixed OTA downloads for this beta? Don't feel like going through the whole swiss army knife thing and installing from my desktop.
    Further back in this thread, atleast 2 or 3 times, there is an OTA link listed that works. It worked on my bold 9000 and again on my bold 9700. Or just go to the OTA download page at opera, copy the url and replace the last # in the address, which is a 7, with a 3
    12-08-09 08:58 AM
    When I go to certain webpages opera will go to a blank white screen. Anyone else having this happen?
    12-08-09 02:52 PM

Thy this:
    Opera Mini direct download links - Opera Mini - Opera Community
    12-08-09 07:47 PM
    Hmm, looks like workarounds won't be needed any longer! Found this on the Opera mini forums:

New "silent" release for BlackBerry OS 4.7 and 5.0 - Opera Mini - Opera Community
    New "silent" release for BlackBerry OS 4.7 and 5.0

We have now fixed these issues on non-touch BlackBerry devices using OS 4.7 and 5.0:
    1. Trackball not working as "enter".
    2. Crashing on text input.

Please download Opera Mini again.

Thanks for your patience.
    12-10-09 01:35 PM
    When I go to certain webpages opera will go to a blank white screen. Anyone else having this happen?
    I have noticed that when there is a lot of content on a webpage. Clicking on the trackpad (ball) seems to bring it up.
    12-10-09 02:01 PM
    Hmm, looks like workarounds won't be needed any longer! Found this on the Opera mini forums:

New "silent" release for BlackBerry OS 4.7 and 5.0 - Opera Mini - Opera Community
    Well, that is good news! Thank you. I do fancy the tabbed browsing. Even the speed dial page is pretty neat to have. Apart from that, I think the pages still render too slowly.

Also, I wonder if there will now be a conflict on my phone as BB Browser, Opera Mini Beta 2, and BOLT duke it out which will be the default browser?

I like BOLT as the default and just want the ability to choose the other browsers via the link when I want.

The bogus option for default browser on the BB is a let down.

Is anyone running BOLT and Opera Mini Beta 2? Which browser opens when you click links from an e-mail?

Thank you.
    12-10-09 02:08 PM
    Is anyone running BOLT and Opera Mini Beta 2? Which browser opens when you click links from an e-mail?

Thank you.
    If you click the Menu button on a link in a text email, you'll get a choice of which browser to use. If it's an html email, the BB browser is your only choice.
    12-10-09 05:40 PM
    thanks scottb!

now if there was only a way to control it. =D
    12-11-09 10:12 AM
    whats the best version.
    I've had Bolt and Opera beta 5.0 Beta loaded, trying to figure out which one I like better.

What is the most efficient Opera that people like?
    12-11-09 10:36 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD