ok guys...is opera better than firefox???? if so what version do i put on my 8530 from verizon??? and how do i get the link to put it on my 8530???? as always thanks crackberry world
    04-16-10 05:57 AM
    Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers i love opera its all i use it is sooo fast
    04-16-10 10:43 AM
    I agree with the second post, download it and try it. It's works great on mine.
    04-16-10 03:55 PM
    Yeah I use opera as my main browser, and I love it. But, you will never know which browser suits you best until you try em. I'd recommend giving both Bolt and Opera a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 05:03 PM
    ok guys...is opera better than firefox???? if so what version do i put on my 8530 from verizon??? and how do i get the link to put it on my 8530???? as always thanks crackberry world
    As far as I am aware, there is no firefox browser available for the Blackberry. I use both Bolt and Opera, but primarily I use Bolt.
    Last edited by kwkid; 04-16-10 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Added text
    04-16-10 07:22 PM
    As far as I am aware, there is no firefox browser available for the Blackberry. I use both Bolt and Opera, but primarily I use Bolt.
    And if FireFox does not change their position, there will never be. Not sure we're at a loss, but we could use some more options.
    04-16-10 08:37 PM
    Reports of some 'mixed' success with mini Opera 5 out there - locking up, trackpad freezing and loss of control of the Blackberry button in some cases (mine included), but 4.2 works well (albeit without some of the advertised bells and whistles of 5).
    04-17-10 10:56 AM
    Opera 5 works really slow on my 8520 running 4.6 OS, once i had to pull out the battey for my bb was stuck in opera...

The navigation experience maybe better with Opera, but maybe they need to make a mini opera light... lol
    04-17-10 07:47 PM
    Actually my bb came with firefox as a default browser option from verizon I am currently using it so I'm sure it exsists I didn't really like opera so I loaded bolt as well as firefox and will see how it goes thanks for help

04-18-10 01:18 PM
    Actually my bb came with firefox as a default browser option from verizon I am currently using it so I'm sure it exsists I didn't really like opera so I loaded bolt as well as firefox and will see how it goes thanks for help

"unpossible"

There is no "firefox" for BB - and won't be for the foreseeable future.

Mozilla rules out Firefox for iPhone and BlackBerry | Electricpig
    04-18-10 01:46 PM
    Opera is the way to go for now. I use both BB browser and Opera, depends on what I'm doing.

04-18-10 01:54 PM

That is not a Firefox browser. It is just the stock browser using Firefox Identification when loading pages.
    04-18-10 02:20 PM
    im not a pro at this all i know is it says browser id...firefox.
    04-19-10 07:21 AM
    hopefully firefox comes some day, or hopefully the new bb browser makes there be no need for either opera or firefox
    04-19-10 07:32 AM
    im not a pro at this all i know is it says browser id...firefox.
    And if you care to try and change it, you'll see BlackBerry and Internet Explorer as options and you'd probably figure out that's emulation and not the real thing.

Mozilla never developed a browser for us (and seems they never will).

All we can do is wait patiently for the WebKit...
    04-19-10 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD