Anyone excited about the new version... I know I am. I am very excited about the browser being faster and being able to download from OM, without launching the BB browser.

Great new features include:

* Now 50% Faster! Browser your favorite Web sites even faster than before!
    * Download and upload files Update your blog, add attachements to e-mail and download content directly to Opera Mini without using the native mobile browser.
    * Autocomplete URLs Opera Mini will automatically suggest URL completions, making address input easy and intuitive.
    * Save pages Make the most of offline time by saving Web pages for later viewing.

Opera Mini 4.1 (Article here)
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 04-02-08 at 11:04 PM.
    04-01-08 03:01 AM
    no, because I don't see anything about it being wifi enabled.
    04-01-08 05:53 AM
    I'll get it just for this one....

Download and upload files Update your blog, add attachements to e-mail and download content directly to Opera Mini without using the native mobile browser.

I never understood why you even needed the opera browser when it just references the built-in browser for anything besides looking at webpages. I stopped using it when I noticed it did that. It also didn't render any webpages any faster or better than the built-in browser (for me anyway).

Dm
    04-01-08 08:15 AM
    Anyone excited about the new version... I know I am. I am very excited about the browser being faster and being able to download from OM, without launching the BB browser.

* Download and upload files Update your blog, add attachements to e-mail and download content directly to Opera Mini without using the native mobile browser.
    * Autocomplete URLs Opera Mini will automatically suggest URL completions, making address input easy and intuitive.
    * Save pages Make the most of offline time by saving Web pages for later viewing.

Thanks for the heads up!
    04-01-08 08:19 AM
    I just updated my OpMi when I got 4.5 and it's so much faster. I don't know why, I went from using 4.0 to using a NEW 4.0 ???

Can't wait for download capability

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 09:15 AM
    I'm thinking of the possibilities of 3g 9000 and OperaMini 4.1 ... Awesome.
    04-01-08 09:54 PM
    I read about this earlier today I'm ready to try it!

04-02-08 01:18 AM
    i could never get the old opera to install on my phone so i dont know what to be excited about accept for the browser on the 4.5 which i must say is a huge upgrade from the other one
    04-02-08 03:18 AM

Hopefully this version could allow us to do online banking transaction
    04-02-08 04:14 AM
    i want to try it too
    04-02-08 04:23 AM
    can you guys help a newbie and tell me what Opera is and does and is it any better than just surfing as i do now and then ?
    04-02-08 07:01 AM
    Is it out yet? I got the news roughly 24 hours ago.

04-02-08 07:29 AM
    It's out!!! go on your Blackberry Browser to here: mini.opera.com/beta

BTW folks this update is HUGE for us Blackberry users!!! You can download unlimited sized files to your MEMORY CARD!!! This is HUGE! No more 5MB limit! Yay! Verizon is going to hate me! Downloading a Revision3 50MB Video file right now via EVDO! YAY! For those who don't know alot of Blackberry's have trouble with Streaming Video. As does my Blackberry Pearl with Revision3... But they always had an option to download... But before I could not unless it was under 5MB!

Good job Opera! Sticking it to the MAN!!!!
    04-02-08 08:43 AM
    downloading now...
    04-02-08 08:59 AM
    I appreciate the drop-down address bar and new method of inputting URLs. I'll probably find myself liking the "minor" tweaks more than the major ones (not to discredit the major ones, such as being able to download files).
    04-02-08 09:02 AM
    It's out!!! go on your Blackberry Browser to here: mini.opera.com/beta

BTW folks this update is HUGE for us Blackberry users!!! You can download unlimited sized files to your MEMORY CARD!!! This is HUGE! No more 5MB limit! Yay! Verizon is going to hate me! Downloading a Revision3 50MB Video file right now via EVDO! YAY! For those who don't know alot of Blackberry's have trouble with Streaming Video. As does my Blackberry Pearl with Revision3... But they always had an option to download... But before I could not unless it was under 5MB!

Good job Opera! Sticking it to the MAN!!!!
    What file format are you downloading? I love watching diggnation and tekzilla, but on my 8830, the only video format that I can get to work is .3gp. I end up downloading the mpeg-4 format on my desktop and converting the file prior to transfering.
    04-02-08 09:03 AM
    Odd that you need to go to their beta site to get it I was expecting an official release

04-02-08 09:16 AM
    Since this is just a beta release, it makes sense it is on the beta page. All the announcements say this is a beta release.
    04-02-08 09:26 AM
    can someone clear this up for me? someone was saying something about opera mini not using your "unlimited" portion of your internet usage with your cell phone. does this mean you have to pay money to use the internet if you use opera mini as your browser instead of the BB one?
    04-02-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD