I have docs to go installed and for some reason I have a email with a pdf 313k file size attached and when I try to open it, it says it can't be viewed, any ideas how to fix this. I tried doing a batt pull a few times and still nothing, I am running 4.5.138 if that makes any difference

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 04:36 PM
    if you attempt to save the message than open it???
    12-10-09 04:39 PM
    if you attempt to save the message than open it???
    It says it that basically its not able to be viewed with this blackberry device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 04:45 PM
    The PDF viewer is only in the premium version of Docs to Go.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't know that you actually can open PDF email attachments without a "PDF viewer".
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 12-11-09 at 01:34 PM.
    12-10-09 04:49 PM
    Don't waste your time with Beam Reader. Bought it last night after a lot of research, installed it, and so far it has failed to open a single .pdf file. After two hours of reading faqs and troubleshooting the program still failed to open any files. I fired off an e-mail requesting a refund, but I doubt if that will happen.

I just installed a trial version of Repligo Reader and it works great.
    12-13-09 04:28 PM
    The blackberry manual for 4.5 says it will open PDF email attachments. Mine has always done so. However, I had a couple today that I got the "unable to read this file type" message when attempting to open the PDF attachments. Anyone else experiencing this? Pulled the battery to reboot...no joy.

PS - I emailed the PDFs to both myself and my wife. My wife's 8330 will open both the PDF attachments mine refuses to recognize. Weird.
    Last edited by robertvo; 12-13-09 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Added PS
    12-13-09 09:03 PM
    The blackberry manual for 4.5 says it will open PDF email attachments. Mine has always done so. However, I had a couple today that I got the "unable to read this file type" message when attempting to open the PDF attachments. Anyone else experiencing this? Pulled the battery to reboot...no joy.

PS - I emailed the PDFs to both myself and my wife. My wife's 8330 will open both the PDF attachments mine refuses to recognize. Weird.
    This is really getting annoying. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Email Attachment Service. Rebooted several times. I still cannot open a simple, 2 page PDF that opens fine on my wife's BB. Any idea how to fix this? Would installing Docs to Go V2.0 Standard break the Attachment Service? It shouldn't since my wife's DTG is V2.0 too.

8330m
    Platform 3.4.0.55

UPDATE - In digging in further and checking the attachment at the bottom rather than the header of the email, I see it's a WINMAIL.DAT file, not a PDF. Something's amiss with AOL mail. Figures.
    Last edited by robertvo; 12-14-09 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Update: NOT BB ISSUE
    12-14-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD