IMHO, RIM has made a decision on the future direction of smart phone development. The tools are coming together, the hardware spec is established.

We have a future to look too, a future that will see RIM continue to dominate the World Smart Phone marketplace.

Now, I am now looking forward to the hardware upgrade.
    Their market share is based on corporate email and the "lesser of available evils" consumer users. Hardware is not really RIM's strength, neither is software. Its email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 03:54 PM
    well i cant argue with that response, luckily i have the funds to jump bandwagons i was on the bb one for a couple years but i think android will be the new waive of solid devices at least for a few years until another company comes along and designs something better
    And that's good! You didn't like what you were seeing and tried something else out. That's fair game. I would agree that as a whole the Droid seems to be out performing the competition. It's also brand new, in the latest update regard. So I'm not surprised.

I'm hhoping and being faithful to RIM for the time being. I love my 8900 and wouldn't trade it for the newest anything. I'm also hoping that they get the software mess they're in with all these issues cleaned up by the time I need/want an upgrade, or I may be following suit with you.

11-13-09 07:56 PM
    Totally agree I still think RIM is a solid company I mean forbes shows us that, I just think RIM has run out there welcome and needs to go back to what got them where they are now there innovation they did what other phones couldn't the samething that made iphone famous, and that applies for anything else not just phones cars blah blah blah I think you all get my drift. And some people are content with RIM where they are now, but as you can see even RIM knows they must move on. That's why opengl has come about the storm itself. And for people to think rim should. Stay where they are like I see a lot of bb users leaning towards soon there won't be a rim. Ok I'm done ranting like I know what I'm talking about lol

11-13-09 08:15 PM
    I was only whining that we could use more heads up about what is coming, so we can make an informed decision before signing a 1 or 2 year contract. Could just pay cash I guess, but the money I save by signing a contract goes to buy stuff for my new device.
    I love Blackberry. I want them to make that wonderful all in one device that does everything better than the iPhone, just to shut up the fanboys. Hopefully we are heading in that direction.

11-14-09 02:08 AM
    I was only whining that we could use more heads up about what is coming, so we can make an informed decision before signing a 1 or 2 year contract. Could just pay cash I guess, but the money I save by signing a contract goes to buy stuff for my new device.
    I love Blackberry. I want them to make that wonderful all in one device that does everything better than the iPhone, just to shut up the fanboys. Hopefully we are heading in that direction.

But thats the nature of the beast. There will always be upgrades, new software, etc. Like all tech, you buy the latest and greatest now, theres always going to be something better around the corner.
    11-14-09 07:44 AM
    i believe for this year though the last major device that will be out that may match the storm in specs or do better will be the xperia x10 which is also running android, but is running android 1.6 instead of 2.0 which is where the droid may have a 1 up on it.
    Last edited by phonemaster123; 11-14-09 at 08:01 AM.
    11-14-09 07:59 AM
    i believe for this year though the last major device that will be out that may match the storm in specs or do better will be the xperia x10 which is also running android, but is running android 1.6 instead of 2.0 which is where the droid may have a 1 up on it.
    the difference is only features really, not much performance improvement between revisions.

also, Motorola doesn't do very much for the UI. whereas HTC and most other manufactures add some kind of UI layer (sense UI is tits, check it out for longer than 10 minutes, it's the best on android IMO) to increase the "sellability" and improve customer experience.

i find it funny that motorola has such better hardware specs, but the eris can keep up with it easily. so unless you root the droid and overclock the processor, you're paying for unused potential (where does that sound familiar from )
    11-14-09 03:11 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD