Mine set to update every 30 min. The wallpaper doesnt change even when I force an update.
    Are you sure you followed the directions exactly? Meaning, within your weather app (I'm assuming BerryWeather), did you elect to have the wallpaper file to be the newly created Wallpaper.jpg? No offense. #Just askin'.
    01-28-10 05:16 PM
    First, NO offense taken. Second, no I didnt set it like you describe. How do I do that? Thanks for your help.
    01-28-10 05:24 PM
    First, NO offense taken. Second, no I didnt set it like you describe. How do I do that? Thanks for your help.
    Ok. I will try to help the best I can...

First, make sure you have a newly created Wallpaper.jpg file set up in your pictures folder (or whatever folder you use for your wallpapers). Be aware that you must find this by name, because if you set up your BB in thumbnail view, it will just look like one of your wallpapers (that's what it does-it copies your wallpapers at the intervals set). Once you know you have the file, you're good to go.

Next, when you set up BW as your wallpaper, scroll down in the settings options to "Homescreen/Wallpaper", go in, and at the top select (check) "enabled", then scroll all the way to the bottom, and select "select image". Now navigate to where you just looked for the Wallpaper.jpg file, and select it.

***Be sure that within the WC app that you have checked the "enable wallpaper changer" at the top, and also check the box that says "use weather application".

You should be good to go.

Also Shao did post the instructions for you to follow just prior to this as well if you run into any further problems.

Hope this helps.
    01-28-10 05:49 PM
    I dont have that file. I do have a file I created for wallpapers, can I just rename it wallpapers.jpg?
    01-28-10 05:56 PM
    hope i'm not jumping in and making a mess here..

i created a new folder on my memory card and threw in a bunch of photos that i wanted to be rotated.

lagoman: first off, go to your berryweather > settings > homescreen wallpaper (assuming you enabled your berryweather homescreen wallpaper). Scroll down to the bottom and select "Select Image..", locate the folder in which you want your photos to be in rotation. (yes you probably won't find a photo called "wallpaper.jpg" just yet, just choose a random photo in that folder). Then save the settings and go back to the homescreen of your blackberry.

now open the Wallpaper Changer app (make sure you enable "Enable Wallpaper Changer" and "Use Weather Application"). Scroll down to the bottom and select the "Browse" button and again, point it to the folder that you want to have your photos rotated. Then click on "Refresh & Save" then click on the "Close" button.

go back to the homescreen on your blackberry and then open up Berryweather again. go thru the same steps as i mentioned in the beginning. Inside Berryweather > Settings > Homescreen Wallpaper > (scroll down) Select Image (and then browse again to the folder location you pointed to using the Wallpaper Changer, you should now see a photo file named "Wallpaper.jpg", select it)

and now you're done.

hope i didn't confuse you :X
    01-28-10 06:08 PM
    I dont have that file. I do have a file I created for wallpapers, can I just rename it wallpapers.jpg?
    No, you cannot. This file was specifically created to change the wallpapers. I myself also have a separate file for my 70 wallpapers, and the Wallpaper.jpg is located (created) within that same folder (as opposed to the picture folder).

***You also need to be sure that at the bottom of the WC options you have WC pointed to your wallpaper folder in order to find the Wallpaper.jpg file.

Hope this helps.
    01-28-10 06:08 PM
    Thanks for helping out guys, was a little busy yesterday. Logoman, did you get it to work?
    01-29-10 08:21 AM
    shao , since berryweather 2.1.40 came out a couple days ago v1.51 has been a hit or miss throughout the day, (2hr updates) few updates no issue then itll miss and not change . great idea on this version
    02-02-10 10:20 PM
    I couldn't wait for an official OS update because I wanted to use this excellent app. Updated to 5.0 and it works like a champ. Thank you very much.
    02-23-10 02:07 PM
    @Shao128 : just noticed you're a Mod now as well - congrats (perhaps a little late tho).

Will you be able to utilise BerryWeather v2.2.01 to provide better integration with Wallpaper Changer (i.e. use update intervals from within your app instead of relying upon updates from BeWeather)?

Thanks. Im going to look into the BW api and see whats available.
    03-05-10 09:51 AM
    Love the app. Trial period expired. So if I purchase through app store will registration key work for the beta?
    03-06-10 12:33 PM
    Love the app. Trial period expired. So if I purchase through app store will registration key work for the beta?
    Yes it will.
    03-06-10 12:34 PM
    just what i did XD

(i did end up with the old version for a while tho :P )
    03-06-10 01:34 PM
    I keep downloading this from app world and it doesn't seem to be this updated version including Weather Apps. I tried this beta link (I purchased this app a WHILE ago) but no luck either.
    03-09-10 08:53 AM
    I keep downloading this from app world and it doesn't seem to be this updated version including Weather Apps. I tried this beta link (I purchased this app a WHILE ago) but no luck either.

This link is the latest beta: http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/WC.jad
    03-09-10 02:35 PM
    Is there any other 9700 user, with OS .545, having to re-enter registration key after each re-boot? (This never happened on previous OS versions - de-install/re-install didn't help).
    03-16-10 06:57 AM
    This link is the latest beta: http://wap.shao-soft.com/shao/WC.jad
    Is it normal that i don't see WC between the running apps in app switcher ??
    And why i still get "register" inside the menu, also if i am a regular registered user ?
    03-16-10 09:40 AM
    Is it normal that i don't see WC between the running apps in app switcher ??
    Yes, that normal behaviour.

And why i still get "register" inside the menu, also if i am a regular registered user ?
    Its on the to be addressed list :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...3/#post4563651
    03-16-10 01:26 PM
    Yes, that normal behaviour.

Its on the to be addressed list :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...3/#post4563651
    Hmmm... normal behaviour also that i must re-register (insrting the code) everytime i restart my Storm ?
    03-16-10 01:51 PM
    Oh sweet! This addresses one of my main dilemmas between using WC and BerryWeather. How fantastic to be able to have rotating wallpaper AND the nice BerryWeather homescreen features! Thanks Shao!

Sorry if this has already been answered, I'm at work and had to skim the thread quick: does the registration code I bought for WC on MobiHand get me the full features in this beta as well?

EDIT: sorry. Looks like the code will work fine. Thanks!
    03-16-10 02:06 PM
    Hmmm... normal behaviour also that i must re-register (insrting the code) everytime i restart my Storm ?
    Nope. That's been happening to me since I upgraded to .545 (for 9700). Previous, OS's were ok.
    03-16-10 02:23 PM
    Im not sure why its saying you need to re-register, I can't duplicate it on any of my devices. The only situation where Ive been able to reproduce is somehow is to enter in the code and the do a battery pull or soft reset right after. I'll keep trying...
    03-18-10 01:28 PM
    so when are you gonna officially release this beta?

congrats on mod status btw
    03-18-10 03:41 PM
    Great app shao
    03-18-10 03:49 PM
    You know what would be cool? An icon you can click you manually change your wallpaper without going into the app. Maybe assign a hot key.
    03-18-10 05:49 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD