This latest update, when I "send to SMS" is opening my SMS but leaving me a blank page without the note or anything on it. Anyone else seeing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 10:26 AM
    This latest update, when I "send to SMS" is opening my SMS but leaving me a blank page without the note or anything on it. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, I am getting the same results for SMS, no note inserted, just a blank screen; also the SMS screen never gives you the option of Who to send the text to. I just followed the SMS through by inserting "test" and hitting enter, I got an error screen "(SMS error 107, Message ID 83) Permanent Error"
    08-14-11 10:30 AM

Works fine for me.. Maybe he updated the version since you last tried? I installed the update last night and SMS is working completely fine so maybe you don't have the most recent?
    08-14-11 11:06 AM

Yes, I am getting the same results for SMS, no note inserted, just a blank screen; also the SMS screen never gives you the option of Who to send the text to. I just followed the SMS through by inserting "test" and hitting enter, I got an error screen "(SMS error 107, Message ID 83) Permanent Error"
    Odd. I'm running 0.2.4 and Send as SMS works fine for me.
    08-14-11 11:32 AM
    +1 here also. Every thing that dollface stated. OS5. SpeedNotes v0.2.4 beta.
    08-14-11 11:40 AM
    Works fine for me.. Maybe he updated the version since you last tried? I installed the update last night and SMS is working completely fine so maybe you don't have the most recent?
    Running 2.4. Downloaded last night. Everything had been working great too.

08-14-11 02:49 PM
    I just re-loaded 0.2.4 over top 0.2.4 (just to be certain) and am getting same issue. I cannot add a name to send the SMS from the menu nor will my cursor move from the bottom of the screen in addition to the other issue. Does seem odd. My OS is 5.0.0.979 on an ATT branded 9700.

08-14-11 03:00 PM
    Hey! I LOVE this app!!!! Just click and open. yea!!!
    Type.
    Close and it saves it. Wow! Never knew there would be a simple way as opposed to Memopad.
    Great job!!!
    ba_hamilton likes this.
    08-14-11 03:49 PM
    I downloaded latest version today. Had no problem sending my wife an SMS message from SPEEDNOTES.
    08-14-11 03:54 PM
    Ok, I wonder if its an OS5 thing? I'm running 5. So is Mojave and having same issue. What about you, dollface. What OS are you running? Betting 5 here. And the others NOT having trouble, what are you running?

08-14-11 05:29 PM
    Hi sam81,

Dollface is also running OS5.
    08-14-11 05:46 PM
    Hi sam81,

Dollface is also running OS5.

Yep, that was my guess. It has to be an OS5 thing.

Sent from my 9700
    08-14-11 05:50 PM
    Yep, that was my guess. It has to be an OS5 thing.

Sent from my 9700
    It sure is looking that way sam81. Waiting to see what russnash has to say.
    08-14-11 05:59 PM
    Ok, I wonder if its an OS5 thing? I'm running 5. So is Mojave and having same issue. What about you, dollface. What OS are you running? Betting 5 here. And the others NOT having trouble, what are you running?

Yep, OS6 here and it works great. You seem to have maybe found the problem good sir!
    08-14-11 06:11 PM
    It sure is looking that way sam81. Waiting to see what russnash has to say.

Yep, for sure. I do love this little app though
    08-14-11 06:11 PM
    Yep, for sure. I do love this little app though

You and me both!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-14-11 06:17 PM
    I just re-loaded 0.2.4 over top 0.2.4 (just to be certain) and am getting same issue. I cannot add a name to send the SMS from the menu nor will my cursor move from the bottom of the screen in addition to the other issue. Does seem odd. My OS is 5.0.0.979 on an ATT branded 9700.

same issue here with Bold 9900 running latest leak OS
    08-14-11 08:03 PM
    same issue here with Bold 9900 running latest leak OS
    Uh, oh. There goes my OS5 theory!

08-14-11 08:20 PM

same issue with me also, running same 5.0.0.979 at&t 9700 with version 0.2.4
    08-14-11 09:25 PM
    Hmm, on my Storm2 9550 (running 5.0.0.1082) when I type a note and click to send to sms, it opens a new sms message with my note already typed into the field at the bottom. I then need to open the menu, click 'show recipients' and add the contacts I want to send it to.

If I understand correctly, you are not even seeing the note pre-entered on your input line in the SMS?

If anyone is having this issue, please let me know your device model and exact OS version so I can look into it.

Thanks!

Russ.
    08-15-11 11:20 AM
    I'm beginning to think this is a RIM SMS bug in the api. The default OS5 storm2 simulator also seems to be having the same issue.

I'm going to do some research and see what I can dig up reference this. I may need to use an alternative approach which will mean coding in the recipient choice and sending the SMS directly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    08-15-11 11:56 AM
    Hmm, on my Storm2 9550 (running 5.0.0.1082) when I type a note and click to send to sms, it opens a new sms message with my note already typed into the field at the bottom. I then need to open the menu, click 'show recipients' and add the contacts I want to send it to.

If I understand correctly, you are not even seeing the note pre-entered on your input line in the SMS?

If anyone is having this issue, please let me know your device model and exact OS version so I can look into it.

Thanks!

Russ.
    When I type a note, send to SMS opens the page. The note is not on the page and in my case my cursor is stuck in the reply area and won't move. 9700 on ATT running 5.0.0.979. Everything else is working good

08-15-11 12:39 PM
    When I type a note, send to SMS opens the page. The note is not on the page and in my case my cursor is stuck in the reply area and won't move. 9700 on ATT running 5.0.0.979. Everything else is working good

Thanks Sam, looking into it!
    08-15-11 01:07 PM
    As I promised, I want to give a response to Bloodyrek's suggestions. I also want to say that, in accordance with the responses, I agree that I do not want to bloat SpeedNotes to the point where the 'Speed' part falls off. To clarify, I see the 'Speed' part of the name as referring to both quickness of launching and running speed as well as quickness of physical use via a well thought out interface.

I definitely agree that some suggestions would be best moved to a second implementation of the SpeedNotes app with a different name and slightly higher price point, for the moment I'll just refer to it as 'SpeedNotes Premium'.

To address the suggestions:

1- Would it be possible if we could have two SpeedNotes opened at the same time? I don't know if you use Windows 7 but there's a way to put 2 different screens aside each other or one on top of another (split screen). It'd be nice to be able to have 2 different notes opened and be able to switch between them, like typing in one while viewing the other?
    This could be very easily implemented in SpeedNotes and should not make much difference to the current foot print, as per my initial reply to your suggestions.

2- BBM integration: "Send as Broadcast Message"?
    This would definitely be a SpeedNotes Premium feature as it would require integration with BBM6 and the new integration api's (as far as I can see, if you know different please say!). This would result in a substantial footprint change.

3- Twitter integration: Let's say I am on my phone and I'm a music artist, I'm typing this new verse/poem/song right? But I am like hmm I'd like to share this one bit with my people on twitter - How about I highlight that one bit I want to show and upon clicking the BB button there's an option to "Send as tweet".
    This may also be a premium feature, again due to the addition libraries needed for the twitter integration.

4- Facebook integration: My as well get a "Send on Facebook" too.
    Once again, premium, for the same reasons.

5- If I am reading a document on my blackberry browser and I decide to copy paste it as a whole into my "SpeedNotes" app, but I am looking for a specific piece of information in this current document...would I be able to "Search In Document" for that information!?
    Including a menu option that will take selected input from another app (which allowed such integration) and sending it directly to SpeedNotes is something I want to put into the standard SpeedNotes.

6- I think it has been mentioned already but to be able to change font size, color ect.. that could be cool.
    Definitely premium. This would require increasing the footprint and isn't really necessary for standard note taking.

7- So I am typing this right, say it's piece of information A and I copy it onto the clipboard. The thing is I need to copy piece of information B and C too...Multiple Clipboard Integration anyone?
    The applications of your suggestion number 5 would work on the basis of adding to the note, it wouldn't replace that which was already there. This would allow for this kind of functionality. I may even just have a dialog for choosing between add or new when using this feature.

8- Back to suggestions #5, hmm so this is how the whole story begins huh? As I am reading the text I just copied and pasted into my SpeedNotes, I stumble on "Abligurition" ...woah.... Highlight, click on bb button "Search the Web" thank you.
    Very, very, very easily integrated into SpeedNotes.

9- Would it be possible to have a bb option like "Recent Files" showing us the top 5 recently saved or/and created notes!?
    As per my initial answer to your post, would that provide the needed functionality in terms of the 'slots'?

10- Would it be fun to be at 100+ notes taken on SpeedNotes and have to go through all of them to see which one's the most important ones? How about having a accessible screen within SpeedNotes where we can Sticky our notes? Or/give them an order of importance, it might actually be easier to create a folder named "Important Notes" but that's easier said than done when you scratch 100 notes and you have 300 and you still have to go through all of them...Top 10 list, Top 50, Top 100 ... The list goes on, get my point?
    Categorization of folders would certainly address this, I can also enable the categorization feature on memopad and task entries.

PS: All that those suggestions were made possible because of your own work & project, because of certain functions/features that do exist in softwares on computer platforms, because of my imagination of course..(even tho it's almost 8am and I am supposed to be asleep)

The suggestions above may or may not be possible and they can also defy with the original idea "
    SpeedNotes provides an instant and persistent note taking environment where immediately upon launching the app you are presented with a note area, ready for typing into."

On that note, all this was possible because of SpeedNotes which was created by you "russnash" and to top it off...this whole review/suggestion of mine was indeed created in our beloved SpeedNotes.

Thanks You for this amazing app!

Thank you for all your input! Please feel free to respond to my response, nothing here is final and just my putting my mind out there for everyone to understand and give their response to.

Just like my themes have been, SpeedNotes (and any other app I write) will be designed not just by me but by the community that is it's intended audience. To take any other approach to development just doesn't make any sense.

Russ.
    08-15-11 01:27 PM
    I agree totally man, I like the idea of speednotes with just calendar and .txt support myself, but see where the desire for memopad/task support is there. Anything else is cool, but I would agree better suited for an additional app.
    It's a slick little notes app, which is what it purports to be and all it needs to be

08-15-11 01:34 PM
412 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD