Will this be availible in BlackBerry App world or only at the Crackberry App Store? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 01:30 AM
    Superstore

See this link for CB store

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 07:45 AM
    Hey Russ, I keep missing the time bombs in the beta! Argh. Anyway, I download a new trial through MobiHand. Are you still honouring the "free copy" for those who provide feedback?
    Couple of things in addition to earlier posts, here's a couple more thoughts:
    1) would like to see ability to set a default directory where text files are saved (for example: SDCard\Blackberry\Speednotes)
    2) would be great to allow sending notes to SimpleNote (if possible)
    3) search for a file using universal search
    4) allow date stamp to be user-configurable (my personal pref is yyyymmdd)
    5) price seems a bit of a stretch; price elasticity theory suggests you might get better traction with a lower price point like $0.99 or maybe $1.99. At $2.99, there is too much to think about IMHO

Best...

...Dave
    09-19-11 08:29 AM
    Hey Russ, I keep missing the time bombs in the beta! Argh. Anyway, I download a new trial through MobiHand. Are you still honouring the "free copy" for those who provide feedback?

Couple of things in addition to earlier posts, here's a couple more thoughts:

1) would like to see ability to set a default directory where text files are saved (for example: SDCard\Blackberry\Speednotes)

2) would be great to allow sending notes to SimpleNote (if possible)

3) search for a file using universal search

4) allow date stamp to be user-configurable (my personal pref is yyyymmdd)

5) price seems a bit of a stretch; price elasticity theory suggests you might get better traction with a lower price point like $0.99 or maybe $1.99. At $2.99, there is too much to think about IMHO

Best...

...Dave

Hi Dave,

Your coupon code for taking part in the open beta was pm'd to you back when I launched SpeedNotes, let me know if you can't find it.

Concerning your suggestions, I'm definitely still continuing to develop SpeedNotes. I'm planning a release within the next week with some new features based on feedback I've received. To go through your points item by item:

1) This will be in the next release. I plan to also have the app remember the last folder used as well.

2) I'm not familiar with simplenote, i'll do some research.

3) A search feature is definitely coming, I need to research about possible integration with US.

4) This is already available on the options page.

5) I have been having the same thoughts, $1.99 might be more applicable.

Russ.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-19-11 09:25 AM
    Thanks Russ! Got the promo code and happily have the latest version. Thx for tip on timestamp fmt: awesome!! (Didn't realize such a comprehensive help file existed)

Simplenote is very strong web-based note storage in ios and android world. If there is a simple way to turn SpeedNotes into a client, I think you will have one kickin' little app.

PS. Thx to your "signature" I found and bought tapatalk. Great little tool too!
    ...Dave

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    russnash likes this.
    09-21-11 08:24 AM
    Hello all, I purchased this app and love it version 1.0. I just have a question regarding loading existing notes, specifically from memo pad, ( i havnt tried a file). this may be user error and ive read this thread and the help section of the app so any help would be appreciated. My situation is this:

I load an existing memo to speednote
    after editting existing memo i save/send back to memo pad (with same title)
    I then have (2)duplicate memos (the original uneditted and editted version)

Is there any way to load/edit existing memo and then save only editted version

I am using verizon bold 9930 with stock os .254

Thanks for your time and again wonderful app!
    09-28-11 08:28 AM
    Hello all, I purchased this app and love it version 1.0. I just have a question regarding loading existing notes, specifically from memo pad, ( i havnt tried a file). this may be user error and ive read this thread and the help section of the app so any help would be appreciated. My situation is this:

I load an existing memo to speednote

after editting existing memo i save/send back to memo pad (with same title)

I then have (2)duplicate memos (the original uneditted and editted version)

Is there any way to load/edit existing memo and then save only editted version

I am using verizon bold 9930 with stock os .254

Thanks for your time and again wonderful app!

Hi!

Thank you for your kind comments about my app, I really appreciate any feedback I get.

The issue you have mentioned is a known issue caused by the way the memopad api works. I plan to fix this in the next version. I will be implementing a quick save option which will save your note straight to the original memo or file that you opened or saved it to last.

Russ.

brooklynbarbie likes this.
    09-28-11 08:46 AM
    Thanks Russ! Got the promo code and happily have the latest version. Thx for tip on timestamp fmt: awesome!! (Didn't realize such a comprehensive help file existed)

Simplenote is very strong web-based note storage in ios and android world. If there is a simple way to turn SpeedNotes into a client, I think you will have one kickin' little app.

PS. Thx to your "signature" I found and bought tapatalk. Great little tool too!
    ...Dave

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Hey Russ, did you ever get a chance to investigate if SpeedNotes could act as a Simplenote client?

......Dave

On BlackBerry 9900 7.0.0.261 using Tapatalk
    10-05-11 03:37 PM
    Hey Russ, did you ever get a chance to investigate if SpeedNotes could act as a Simplenote client?

......Dave

I signed up for the simplenote developer group and just got the invite finally. I'm definitely researching it although I don't think it will make it into 1.1.0 though.

10-05-11 04:18 PM
    I signed up for the simplenote developer group and just got the invite finally. I'm definitely researching it although I don't think it will make it into 1.1.0 though.

Awesome! Excited to hear what you think. Could be a great pairing... Dave

10-05-11 08:59 PM
    Dear russnash, are you planning to develop note taking app for the Playbook. The one you developed for BB phones is very useful.
    02-22-12 12:01 PM
    Dear russnash, are you planning to develop note taking app for the Playbook. The one you developed for BB phones is very useful.
    I'm very interested in creating a version of SpeedNotes for the Playbook and it is definitely on my todo list for the future. I don't have one myself yet but am hoping to make the investment sometime soon.
    02-22-12 01:14 PM
412 ... 151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD