02-22-12 01:14 PM
412 ... 1314151617
tools
    Works now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Me too so far. Sending some more out to check further tho

09-02-11 11:29 PM
    I just installed the latest volatile and I sent myself an SMS and i did not get it. But maybe you can't do that on sprint?

EDIT: I finally found a friend to test the SMS thing with in the middle of the night, it works perfectly
    Last edited by dollface54; 09-03-11 at 09:51 AM.
    09-02-11 11:46 PM
    I am also committed to finding some answers to the multi-language issues that were brought up but this will take a lot of further investigation still.

I'm going to work towards 0.3.1 beta containing a fix for the SMS issue, then once that is determined to be solid I'll be moving to 1.0.0 and launch.

Thanks again!

Russ.
    Regarding multi language issue, I tried in French and in German which they have spacial characters as well, it's the same issue.

For example "" when saved its question mark like other special characters.
    09-03-11 05:42 AM
    WOW!!! i just installed latest volatile version and sending to myself via SMS worked (I'm on at&t running Bold 9700 OS 5 ...979, also sent to others via SMS with no issues.

Thx Russ. Good work !!!
    09-03-11 09:43 AM
    Regarding multi language issue, I tried in French and in German which they have spacial characters as well, it's the same issue.

To make sure I understand completely, this is only an issue when saving and then loading from a file? Saving to and loading from memopad works properly?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 10:53 AM
    Just installed
    Tried alot of the features on my Bold touch os7 leak 353
    All works great
    Looks like this is going to be a keeper
    Nice Work Thanks
    09-03-11 10:57 AM
    Going back to the hotkey request, I was reading back through the original posts for this and noted that the suggestion was for you to be able to hit the save/send button and then press a single key to make a choice of destination. This is very feasible without affecting anything else so I will probably take a quick look.

I'm working this weekend and do get the occasional downtime so I'll take a look at this and the multilanguage issue if possible.

09-03-11 10:58 AM
    To make sure I understand completely, this is only an issue when saving and then loading from a file? Saving to and loading from memopad works properly?

Yes exactly...
    russnash likes this.
    09-03-11 10:59 AM
    Now that's probably a good idea. Maybe hit E for email, C for calendar, etc. Seems reasonable for sure

09-03-11 05:47 PM
    Going back to the hotkey request, I was reading back through the original posts for this and noted that the suggestion was for you to be able to hit the save/send button and then press a single key to make a choice of destination. This is very feasible without affecting anything else so I will probably take a quick look.

I'm working this weekend and do get the occasional downtime so I'll take a look at this and the multilanguage issue if possible.

That would be sweet. I think I linked you to instructions to do that

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 06:01 PM
    Now that's probably a good idea. Maybe hit E for email, C for calendar, etc. Seems reasonable for sure
    That would be sweet. I think I linked you to instructions to do that
    Yup! You did, although the article you linked me to was with reference to making the application icon shortcutable which I decided not to do, however, the same information showed me how to underline the letter in the button text to show which key is the shortcut on the save/send menu! That in conjunction with a keyChar function override worked perfectly! Thanks!

Talking of such, there is a new 0.3.1 volatile available which includes the shortcut keys on the save/send menu as well as some further updated help text. I've switched to a browserfield for the help text as it allows me to use HTML to format the help, which is much nicer. It does, however, have a small lag with loading that page.

Russ.
    09-03-11 09:48 PM

Drunkorexia, In the most recent volatile build you will now find an option on the options screen to choose the 'File encoding'. From what I've been researching, setting this value to 'UTF-16BE' should resolve your issue with special characters. Please note that you must have this option set to 'UTF-16BE' when writing the file AND when reading it.

Please let me know!

Thanks,

Russ.
    09-03-11 10:47 PM
    Shortcut keys work great. Help menu is excellent also. Didn't even notice a lag on page opening

09-03-11 11:32 PM
    In the Save menu, if I decide to clear the screen, my note clears but the date remains. Is that by design? To really clear the screen I have to highlight the date and hit Delete.

09-04-11 02:12 AM
    Drunkorexia, In the most recent volatile build you will now find an option on the options screen to choose the 'File encoding'. From what I've been researching, setting this value to 'UTF-16BE' should resolve your issue with special characters. Please note that you must have this option set to 'UTF-16BE' when writing the file AND when reading it.

Please let me know!

Thanks,

Russ.
    Ok here are the results:

With encoding 'UTB-!6BE' the characters on the saved file are corrupted but when I load the file back to speednotes everything is correct.

I also would like to have correct characters in the saved file.
    09-04-11 04:21 AM
    Can you add ISO-8859-1 as text encoding. I have it in my web browser.
    09-04-11 04:35 AM
    In the Save menu, if I decide to clear the screen, my note clears but the date remains. Is that by design? To really clear the screen I have to highlight the date and hit Delete.

Go into the options and turn off the insert date stamp on new note setting.

09-04-11 08:17 AM
    Can you add ISO-8859-1 as text encoding. I have it in my web browser.

Let me take a look at what other encodings are supported. What app are you using to view the notes outside of SpeedNotes?

09-04-11 08:18 AM
    I just uploaded a new 0.3.1 volatile which includes all of the encodings listed as supported in the BlackBerry Java API docs, including ISO-8859-1.
    09-04-11 01:37 PM
    I've promoted the current 0.3.1 volatile release to 0.3.1 beta:

Version 0.3.1 beta - Released 9/4/11

- Update file load/save dialog to be more consistent with standard BlackBerry dialogs.
    - Added 'Load old note area' menu option to retrieve note from pre-0.2.3 beta versions (will remove this option when out of beta).
    - Fixed 'none' reminder time on calendar entries, defaults to 0 minute reminder.
    - Added an option to automatically add a .txt extension to saved files (defaults to yes).
    - Implemented alternate SMS code to workaround RIM bug on some OS versions.
    - Added 'Contact Support' menu option.
    - Re-worked help screen.
    - Added hotkeys to Save/Send popup.
    - Added support for selecting encodings for file save/load.
    - Fixed bug where .txt extension would cause it to be added to the filename again when selecting an existing file to overwrite.

All remaining well, I will be releasing SpeedNotes as version 1.0.0 on Mobihand and AppWorld within the next few days. I'd like to extend a big "Thank you!" to everyone who has contributed to this thread with suggestions and/or testing feedback, without your support and contribution SpeedNotes would not have become the application it is today.

When SpeedNotes is released I will go back through the thread and contact each of you with a coupon code for your own copy of the app.

Thanks again!

Russ.
    09-04-11 01:51 PM
    I still have problemes with Turkish characters. I checked with wikipedia and found that for Turkish characters we need ISO 8859-9 encoding. Can you please add this as well?
    09-04-11 02:05 PM
    I still have problemes with Turkish characters. I checked with wikipedia and found that for Turkish characters we need ISO 8859-9 encoding. Can you please add this as well?
    One place where I do need to be careful is with providing a list of encodings without knowing whether each one is supported. I've been through the API's and some googleing but cannot find a way to retrieve a list of supported encodings.

What I've gone ahead and done is to change the encoding choice option to a user editable field. You can either enter 'default' to use the default for your device or enter the name of an encoding method you would like to use. If this method isn't supported, you will get an appropriate error popup when trying to save a file. Latest beta now has this change.
    09-04-11 02:53 PM
    mail api for character encoding - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I don't know if it's of use or if it's what you're looking for ...on the 4th post
    09-04-11 04:27 PM
    I'm still not getting the whole send to SMS thing. I create a SN, and I save/send it to SMS. I chose a contact and it puts the note in the txt area but then that's as far as it goes. I can't actually send it as an SMS text. It keeps bringing me to the save/send option. Maybe it's user error but I'm having trouble getting it to work.

The new features you have in the Options screen are nice.

@Sam81. The save to Tasks function works on my S2 running OS5.
    09-04-11 05:27 PM
    I was able to use all the save/send options except the SMS.
    I've been following the same procedure as ba_hamilton.
    I also tried saving the note as a file to my card first & then sending as SMS,
    but that didn't work for me either. (OS5)
    As ba_hamilton said the option changes are very nice.
    09-04-11 06:21 PM
412 ... 1314151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD