love the latest update! all the added items are working perfectly. found no glitches love the the feature of being able to add notes to my calendar/ also the date stamp feature works perfect!
    Great work Russ!!!!
    dollface likes this.
    08-12-11 08:55 AM
    I was using ExtraKeys to map 0.2.2 to my Mute key but with 0.2.3 I get "Uncaught exception 0 > = 0".
    08-12-11 02:01 PM
    Dude, amazing app, well done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    russnash likes this.
    08-12-11 02:08 PM
    I was using ExtraKeys to map 0.2.2 to my Mute key but with 0.2.3 I get "Uncaught exception 0 > = 0".
    I'm not familiar with ExtraKeys, but the one change between 0.2.2 and 0.2.3 that might be affecting this is that the application now has two entry points. This allows it to run when your BlackBerry first boots up in order to set up the system menu entries if needed.

Does ExtraKeys simply give you a list of applications to pick from or does it allow you to enter module names etc for configuring the key mappings? If you can give me some info on what options are available for configuring an application launch then I may be able to help you sort it out.

Russ.
    08-12-11 02:40 PM
    Russ......just DL'd...what a GREAT app that is amazingly simple, and very small! Thanks for all of your work on this! The updates you have done are exceptional!
    russnash likes this.
    08-12-11 03:13 PM
    I love the implementation of send to calendar....very very handy.

One weird thing though...now I have two menu entries for SpeedNotes. I'm going to mess around with options and see whether I can fix that.
    08-12-11 03:43 PM
    I love the implementation of send to calendar....very very handy.

One weird thing though...now I have two menu entries for SpeedNotes. I'm going to mess around with options and see whether I can fix that.
    I've noticed this one too, I have a plan for remedying it!
    08-12-11 04:08 PM
    I'm not familiar with ExtraKeys, but the one change between 0.2.2 and 0.2.3 that might be affecting this is that the application now has two entry points. This allows it to run when your BlackBerry first boots up in order to set up the system menu entries if needed.

Does ExtraKeys simply give you a list of applications to pick from or does it allow you to enter module names etc for configuring the key mappings? If you can give me some info on what options are available for configuring an application launch then I may be able to help you sort it out.

Russ.
    I've just downloaded the trial version of ExtraKeys and have reproduced your issue on my 9550. I'll look into this and probably email the developer to see if I can figure out why this is happening.

Russ.
    08-12-11 04:17 PM
    I second that request. I also use the ISO date format because it actually sorts things according to date instead of the mish-mash you get with any other format.
    Also - and I'll confess, this is a bit odd - I would like date stamp to be added but user formatable. I really like the YYYYMMDD format for datestamp but no one else seems to so I end up doing it myself. If there is a way to save a few finger-stokes, would be excellent.
    Have you two had a chance to try out the user formatted date stamp yet? Can you get it to do what you wanted? I forgot to mention that I added a reference for it to the Help dialog.

Russ.
    08-12-11 04:25 PM
    I've just downloaded the trial version of ExtraKeys and have reproduced your issue on my 9550. I'll look into this and probably email the developer to see if I can figure out why this is happening.

Russ.
    Didn't need to bother Shao as I managed to find out what was causing SpeedNotes to throw the exception when launched by ExtraKeys. This bug is now squashed and will be fixed in the next 0.2.4 beta release. This fix is already in the volatile version if you desperately need it.

Russ.
    08-12-11 09:57 PM
    Just released SpeedNotes 0.2.4 beta, this is a bugfix release. Please use the link in the first post to update.

Changelog:

Version 0.2.4 beta - 8/12/11
    - Fixed ExtraNotes "index out of bounds" exception when launching.
    - Fixed duplicate SpeedNotes BlackBerry menu entries.

Russ.
    Last edited by russnash; 08-12-11 at 10:53 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    08-12-11 10:52 PM
    Have you two had a chance to try out the user formatted date stamp yet? Can you get it to do what you wanted? I forgot to mention that I added a reference for it to the Help dialog.

Russ.
    Yes, just tested it out.

In order to get the ISO format I prefer, I set the date stamp format to yyyyMMdd.

That yielded 20110812 for today. Perfect.
    08-12-11 11:22 PM
    I like how the date stamp can be user defined. For example: MMM/d/yyyy Nice.

I am using this along with Media Key Booster (Similar to Extra Keys I imagine) and have not had any errors.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 08-13-11 at 12:37 AM.
    08-13-11 12:31 AM
    1- It's a good and convenient app.
    2- It's fast and really easy to use.
    3- Read below

Suggestions:

1- Would it be possible if we could have two SpeedNotes opened at the same time? I don't know if you use Windows 7 but there's a way to put 2 different screens aside each other or one on top of another (split screen). It'd be nice to be able to have 2 different notes opened and be able to switch between them, like typing in one while viewing the other?

2- BBM integration: "Send as Broadcast Message"?

3- Twitter integration: Let's say I am on my phone and I'm a music artist, I'm typing this new verse/poem/song right? But I am like hmm I'd like to share this one bit with my people on twitter - How about I highlight that one bit I want to show and upon clicking the BB button there's an option to "Send as tweet".

4- Facebook integration: My as well get a "Send on Facebook" too.

5- If I am reading a document on my blackberry browser and I decide to copy paste it as a whole into my "SpeedNotes" app, but I am looking for a specific piece of information in this current document...would I be able to "Search In Document" for that information!?

6- I think it has been mentioned already but to be able to change font size, color ect.. that could be cool.

7- So I am typing this right, say it's piece of information A and I copy it onto the clipboard. The thing is I need to copy piece of information B and C too...Multiple Clipboard Integration anyone?

8- Back to suggestions #5, hmm so this is how the whole story begins huh? As I am reading the text I just copied and pasted into my SpeedNotes, I stumble on "Abligurition" ...woah.... Highlight, click on bb button "Search the Web" thank you.

9- Would it be possible to have a bb option like "Recent Files" showing us the top 5 recently saved or/and created notes!?

10- Would it be fun to be at 100+ notes taken on SpeedNotes and have to go through all of them to see which one's the most important ones? How about having a accessible screen within SpeedNotes where we can Sticky our notes? Or/give them an order of importance, it might actually be easier to create a folder named "Important Notes" but that's easier said than done when you scratch 100 notes and you have 300 and you still have to go through all of them...Top 10 list, Top 50, Top 100 ... The list goes on, get my point?

PS: All that those suggestions were made possible because of your own work & project, because of certain functions/features that do exist in softwares on computer platforms, because of my imagination of course..(even tho it's almost 8am and I am supposed to be asleep)

The suggestions above may or may not be possible and they can also defy with the original idea "
    SpeedNotes provides an instant and persistent note taking environment where immediately upon launching the app you are presented with a note area, ready for typing into."

On that note, all this was possible because of SpeedNotes which was created by you "russnash" and to top it off...this whole review/suggestion of mine was indeed created in our beloved SpeedNotes.

Thanks You for this amazing app!

Last edited by bloodyrek; 08-13-11 at 07:05 AM.
    08-13-11 07:01 AM
    Wow! Thanks for taking the time to provide all that great input, bloodyrek. You've certainly given me a lot to think about and I really want to take the time to do so before going through each point.

Some things do immediately spring to mind though, for instance, I had given some thought to multiple notes and really feel that it would be a benefit for the app. I'm considering having, say, ten 'slots' available which are each a persistent note area which you can pull into the editing window quickly and easily and also switch out for another slot just as quickly with the app, naturally, taking care of saving everything as it does now.

The slots would tie in well to your excellent idea about being able to edit multiple notes in the same screen. I could provide the option to either have the fullscreen single note area as it is now or to enable two windows in either a side by side or one above the other layout. The slot system could then be used to control what is available in each window.

As I mentioned, I want to take the time to go through all the input before posting again in detail. I'd also really appreciate everyone else's views.

Russ.
    bloodyrek likes this.
    08-13-11 11:46 AM
    I prefer the simplicity of the app. All I want to do is quickly and easily capture information. I use other platforms/apps if I want to do any serious editing, etc.
    08-13-11 12:04 PM
    Those are all great ideas. If you implement many or most of those ideas maybe you should think about doing 2 versions of this app. Release a basic version and a premium, or upgrade, version.

Personally I like the simplicity of this app, the small file size, and the ease of making quick simple notes.
    08-13-11 01:24 PM
    Those are all great ideas. If you implement many or most of those ideas maybe you should think about doing 2 versions of this app. Release a basic version and a premium, or upgrade, version.

Personally I like the simplicity of this app, the small file size, and the ease of making quick simple notes.
    Good idea BA. Basic and Premium versions.
    08-13-11 01:55 PM
    Just installed this on my Bold on OS7 and its running fine.

Works like a dream. Small foot print and simple to use.

Integrates easily with the other apps installed.

Love it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-13-11 04:47 PM
    Wow! Thanks for taking the time to provide all that great input, bloodyrek. You've certainly given me a lot to think about and I really want to take the time to do so before going through each point.

Some things do immediately spring to mind though, for instance, I had given some thought to multiple notes and really feel that it would be a benefit for the app. I'm considering having, say, ten 'slots' available which are each a persistent note area which you can pull into the editing window quickly and easily and also switch out for another slot just as quickly with the app, naturally, taking care of saving everything as it does now.

The slots would tie in well to your excellent idea about being able to edit multiple notes in the same screen. I could provide the option to either have the fullscreen single note area as it is now or to enable two windows in either a side by side or one above the other layout. The slot system could then be used to control what is available in each window.

As I mentioned, I want to take the time to go through all the input before posting again in detail. I'd also really appreciate everyone else's views.

Russ.
    Excellent!! that's exactly what i would like to see but yeah take your time with what i've said ...there's many good options!

Good idea BA. Basic and Premium versions.
    That's one thing russ could think of as well, basic/premium or advanced versions, that would be really good too!
    Last edited by bloodyrek; 08-13-11 at 05:31 PM.
    08-13-11 05:28 PM
    While all the suggestions are great, somewhere along the line this goes from 'speednotes' to 'notes with a ton of options available' and may (or may not) take away from the simplicity of the program and its developers intention/desire for creating it in the first place. Of course, I am speaking as a person whose needs have been met already with calendar and task integration. Merely thinking on Berry here. Great update Russ. Continues to be used a lot by me. I do truly enjoy using this

08-13-11 06:55 PM
    I agree as well. The idea of speed notes can get lost in the idea of making the app more involved and fancy than it needs to be. There are a lot of great ideas here, but if I have to stop to think about what I'm doing with the note...then it's not speedy anymore. Too many choices and you will be slowed down...Like BA suggested, a more intricate app might be good for a premium and a simple one like it is now with a few tweaks for a premium lower price.

Just my 2 cents.

PS LOVE this app BTW! Need it. Now cumbersome like Memopad at all. I have also used ActionPad and I prefer this better.
    dollface likes this.
    08-13-11 07:17 PM
    Not to be a bad guy here, but how does this compare to QUICK NOTES?
    08-14-11 07:31 AM
    Not to be a bad guy here, but how does this compare to QUICK NOTES?
    As far as I can see QuickNotes only saves to email and memo pad. Where as Speed Notes lets you save your note to memo pad, calendar, tasks, email, sms, pin and to your clipboard. There are also more features being worked on for Speed Notes. It all depends on what you want....and what options are important to you.
    08-14-11 08:24 AM
    Thanks. I just downloaded.
    08-14-11 08:41 AM
412 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD