I'm working on the calendar integration as I type this and wanted to dump my thoughts on the implementation of this to make sure they fit in with everyones ideas.

Basically, after typing a note, if you then click 'Save/Send' and select 'Save to calendar' you will be presented with a fresh all-day style calendar appointment with empty subject and location lines and your note entered into the 'notes' field at the bottom of the calendar entry. This will allow you to fill in any further info, such as subject, location, date, time etc before clicking save.
    That sounds good, what would be the stock date set? The current date I presume or chances are noone would need to set a calendar appointment for the current day so maybe a day after current or idk That sounds great though.
    08-10-11 07:56 PM
    I'm working on the calendar integration as I type this and wanted to dump my thoughts on the implementation of this to make sure they fit in with everyones ideas.

Basically, after typing a note, if you then click 'Save/Send' and select 'Save to calendar' you will be presented with a fresh all-day style calendar appointment with empty subject and location lines and your note entered into the 'notes' field at the bottom of the calendar entry. This will allow you to fill in any further info, such as subject, location, date, time etc before clicking save.
    Perfect.

The spoiled side of me would love to see something a la Google Calendar, where you send a note like "dinner with tom at 6 on thursday" and a new appointment is created after the Google special sauce deciphers the info....but hey, we're keeping it simple, right? And I expect the code for that would be, uh, unwieldy.
    08-10-11 08:05 PM
    I think that would work well for me on the calendar. If it defaults to that days date it would make sense and could easily be changed to another date if needed. This would make a great daily log or call log.

Thanks for the possibilities.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-10-11 08:31 PM

What I was thinking that the note or whatever you typed would be a new appointment with the speednote being the entry or appt. Make sense?

Oh, the 'to do' list is looking good too. Great work. Can't wait for the update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sam81; 08-10-11 at 09:27 PM.
    08-10-11 09:21 PM
    What I was thinking that the note or whatever you typed would be a new appointment with the speednote being the entry or appt. Make sense?

Oh, the 'to do' list is looking good too. Great work. Can't wait for the update

Hmm, what I may have to do then is to make it a configurable option where you can choose between either inserting the note into the Subject field or into the Notes field.
    08-10-11 09:48 PM
    Not sure if someone already suggested this, but when choosing from the Save/Send menu it would be great to use hot keys to choose, instead of scrolling. Like, D to save to Memo Pad, etc.
    08-10-11 10:53 PM
    I've gotten a ton done this evening, as you can see from the green updates on the todo list. Here's a few screenies:

I've implemented the date stamp feature as user configurable format, i.e. you can specify DD MM YY etc in line with the BlackBerry's SimpleDateFormat API. This should keep everyone happy!

If anyone is feeling exceptionally brave, you will always be able to download the version I am currently testing from:

SpeedNotes Volatile Build

....so you can see how things are progressing. Just be warned that I accept no responsibility if your BlackBerry ignites in your hand and singes off your eyebrows. The build in this directory could be in any state between completely broken and usable.

Russ.
    08-10-11 10:58 PM
    Not sure if someone already suggested this, but when choosing from the Save/Send menu it would be great to use hot keys to choose, instead of scrolling. Like, D to save to Memo Pad, etc.
    +1, I completely agree. And YAHOO, Update!!! Downloaded )

08-10-11 11:19 PM
    I've gotten a ton done this evening, as you can see from the green updates on the todo list. Here's a few screenies:

I've implemented the date stamp feature as user configurable format, i.e. you can specify DD MM YY etc in line with the BlackBerry's SimpleDateFormat API. This should keep everyone happy!

If anyone is feeling exceptionally brave, you will always be able to download the version I am currently testing from:

SpeedNotes Volatile Build

....so you can see how things are progressing. Just be warned that I accept no responsibility if your BlackBerry ignites in your hand and singes off your eyebrows. The build in this directory could be in any state between completely broken and usable.

Russ.
    After looking at it, I feel like having the text go to the "subject" of the calendar would be much better. I pretty much never use the "notes" section of the calendar appointment. And the same thing for the "task" option aswell. Like if I were going to add a task, I feel like I would throw that in real fast, not so much describe it and give notes. I guess see what other people say too though, Love love love love LOVE the SMS update though, but definitely see what others have to say about the calendar and task. Really like the way this app is going [: Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 08-10-11 at 11:25 PM.
    08-10-11 11:22 PM
    I think I will definitely be adding options to pick which field the notes go into for the calendar and task entries as it seems that everyone has their own preferences here.
    08-11-11 11:08 AM
    I'll definitely look into this! Thanks for the suggestion.
    08-11-11 11:10 AM
    I see you've updated. Will load it tonight and try it out.

08-11-11 12:50 PM
    I think I will definitely be adding options to pick which field the notes go into for the calendar and task entries as it seems that everyone has their own preferences here.
    Sounds great! Really looking forward to this [:
    08-11-11 12:53 PM
    I'll definitely look into this! Thanks for the suggestion.
    Here's instructions on doing that although you probably already found this.

And I am feeling brave, so I'm gonna dl the volatile build.
    08-11-11 01:27 PM
    Ok this is coming along nicely. The integration with the BB menu is really nice and I like the option to save it to the calendar.

Just to let you know, my eyebrows are still intact lol.
    08-11-11 02:08 PM
    Ok this is coming along nicely. The integration with the BB menu is really nice and I like the option to save it to the calendar.

Just to let you know, my eyebrows are still intact lol.
    Glad to hear that your eyebrows are still there, those tiny little eyebrow toupee's are tough to find.
    08-11-11 03:28 PM
    Looking nice. For me it would be better to have the note be the subject on my calendar and the task too rather than in the notes of those. Everything seems to be working really well though. I do like this a lot

Doesn't appear to be THAT volatile afterall. (smiles)

08-11-11 09:15 PM
    SpeedNotes v0.2.3 beta is now available!

Check the first post for the download link and changelog.
    08-11-11 09:19 PM
    Wow, excellent update!! I love the features you added. Working perfectly too, I tried them out

russnash likes this.
    08-11-11 09:40 PM
    Love this app. Polish off that to-do list and this one is golden.

Actually, it's golden as it sits right now. Excellent work. Love the implementation of the suggestions to date. And heck, I didn't even have to reboot when I updated to the latest beta.
    russnash likes this.
    08-11-11 09:54 PM
    I played with the options and got it to do exactly as I wanted. Excellent job, just excellent. Thank you for the great work.

russnash likes this.
    08-11-11 10:33 PM
    And heck, I didn't even have to reboot when I updated to the latest beta.
    Unfortunately, those days will now be gone. Adding the option for the BB menu launcher requires an autostart entry for the app which will make it want a reboot every time now.
    08-11-11 10:40 PM
    Wow...this works perfectly. Thanks you so much for your meticulous work and attention to detail!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-11-11 11:07 PM
    Unfortunately, those days will now be gone. Adding the option for the BB menu launcher requires an autostart entry for the app which will make it want a reboot every time now.
    No worries...it was a very pleasant surprise.
    08-12-11 01:37 AM
    I love this little program. Working it over and the only thing I see right now is whenever I first open the program I see the BB hourglass for just a nanosecond and then it opens and takes off. Guessing the Berry is thinking ahead for me trying to guess my note for me? Sorry to hear about the need for a restart upon updates. That was really nice

08-12-11 07:51 AM
412 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD