Thanks to everyone for all the feedback, Ive read through all the posts and tried to fix as much as I can.

To make a long story short last night I lost everything I had done over the weekend, which totaled about 15 hours of work (most of it was testing and research), so now I've had to re-write a whole bunch of it. Fortunately I scribbled some notes as I was going a long so I think I got everything back.

Have a look in the first post for the changes in the new build.

Also there was a question if Id be adding USB support, the answer at this point is maybe.
    01-17-11 05:21 PM
    Connection working great, but the bat icon and signal icon are wrong, and the screenshot still isn't working very well.
    Still an awesome app.
    I'll let you know tomorrow if the issue with connecting over the University wireless is gone.
    01-17-11 05:29 PM
    upon first impressions the dial pad popping up constantly on storm 2 seems to be fixed now
    01-17-11 05:42 PM
    Installed this on my Bold running 6.0.0.424 and Windows XP SP3.

Can connect and control the phone with no problem but I am also getting the issue of not being able to bring up the screen display and have not received any notifications.

Fantastic app though and when it's fully finished it is going to be awesome!
    01-17-11 06:01 PM
    Is 1.03 the newest update on the BB app? Its say 1.04 is newest but when I try to update I get 1.03 again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 06:22 PM
    the screen on PC seems more clear but i have noticed that it is tending to freeze more often. but no more dial pad so i'll deal with it lol
    01-17-11 06:36 PM
    Is 1.03 the newest update on the BB app? Its say 1.04 is newest but when I try to update I get 1.03 again.

it looks like shao just did work on the PC app
    01-17-11 06:37 PM
    that fixed the .Net error on the windows 7 computer ! thanks
    01-17-11 06:42 PM
    Sorry guys 1.0.4 for the BB is up now.
    flyjr likes this.
    01-17-11 06:47 PM
    Hi guys... I tested in my BB 8320 but showme this error: Class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.decor.Border' not found

I'm using the 1.0.4 in my BB with OS 4.5.0.188
    01-17-11 07:28 PM
    Ok, I'm at work trying the newest ver. 1.0.4. This is a WIN7 Enterprise PC, again using 8530 5.0.0.1030 BB ....

It seems like info is going from my PC to my BB fine, but not the other way around. When I click the "test connection" button, the pop-up on my BB shows up saying they're connected, but not on my PC. I can click the buttons etc. on my PC, and the BB does correspond correctly. I can not however get the BB screen to show up. Also, when I receive a message, the PC program does not notify me via a pop up, or even the * on the icon in the tray.

When I click "restart services", it says "Error Connecting" on the top of the window, but it still functions as I described.

This may be a result of our IT dept. having this network locked down like I work a the white house or something. I really hope that I can get it to work here though, I'm really excited about this app!
    01-17-11 09:32 PM
    Testing 1.04 - Windows Vista 64 - 9700 6.0.0.424

Noticed that the icon bottom right of screen often shows numerous copies of the app running.
    01-18-11 07:20 AM
    Testing 1.04 - Windows Vista 64 - 9700 6.0.0.424

Noticed that the icon bottom right of screen often shows numerous copies of the app running.

Ive also noticed this, with every launch of an app another icon is shown in the taskbar(screen calibrations for one), also there is 2 icons now, I'm assuming one for the actual app and the other is for the screen app. If you mouse over one of the "extra" icons they do disappear. Also in this version I seem to lose connection to my BB a little more then I was before this version. I'm not sure if its the lag in screen shots or actual losing of the connection. Will test a bit more and post back later.

Working great other then that. Love how you fixed the screen res. in this new version, I can deal with a bit of lag for better resolution. Just wish you could get it working for group bbm's.
    01-18-11 09:07 AM
    Some great features in the update and it works better on my vista machine. Still no luck getting xp machine to work properly and Im thinking its something to do with the net framework.
    01-18-11 12:37 PM
    1.0.4 - Noticed that when I hit the phone icon for Options, the main PCKeys window closes leaving only my screen window open. There's no way for me to get it back, so I have to restart the program.

I also notice the multiple tray icons. My popup notifications seem to be random (as with all the releases-unless it's losing connection while minimized, which seems to be the case also), and the screen refresh, even on the lowest setting is rather slow. As a suggestion, instead of seeing my screen, is it possible to just have popup windows for BBM, SMS, and Email? Everything else, I'd probably have to actually use my phone in hand for.

As for the person asking why this is would be good...I'm at work, and it looks bad if I keep picking up my phone every 20 seconds to see a text, BBM, email, etc. This program would allow me to just continue looking at my PC and pump out TPS reports.

Also, if a USB version would remove the constant disconnects and also charge my phone while using, then it might be a great alternative. I'm all for it.

Win 7 Ultimate x64
    9650 OS 6.0.0.415
    01-18-11 02:18 PM
    Thanks for posting the v1.0.4 for BlackBerry.

01-18-11 04:02 PM
    1.0.4 - Noticed that when I hit the phone icon for Options, the main PCKeys window closes leaving only my screen window open. There's no way for me to get it back, so I have to restart the program.

I also notice the multiple tray icons. My popup notifications seem to be random (as with all the releases-unless it's losing connection while minimized, which seems to be the case also), and the screen refresh, even on the lowest setting is rather slow. As a suggestion, instead of seeing my screen, is it possible to just have popup windows for BBM, SMS, and Email? Everything else, I'd probably have to actually use my phone in hand for.

As for the person asking why this is would be good...I'm at work, and it looks bad if I keep picking up my phone every 20 seconds to see a text, BBM, email, etc. This program would allow me to just continue looking at my PC and pump out TPS reports.

Also, if a USB version would remove the constant disconnects and also charge my phone while using, then it might be a great alternative. I'm all for it.

Win 7 Ultimate x64
    9650 OS 6.0.0.415

I also have multiple tray icons with this new version. When you hit the phone icone (which i have no idea what it is for) the main window does dissappear. Too get it back click on the maximize icon at the top right of the screen window. This will bring back the main window again.
    01-18-11 04:21 PM
    When I got to work this morning, I opened PCKeys.exe and it automatically connected to my BB. The screen even updated almost instantly. Then, for some reason the refresh rate dropped and I was back to laggy refresh. So for (1.5hours) the app hasn't disconnected, and there's only one systray icon. Everything seems to be working fine.

I'm wondering how I turn off PCKeys from my BB, as it's obviously been running this whole time since it connected to my computer instantly. I don't see it as an open application on my phone. I want to make sure I'm not getting additional battery drain. Also a suggestion, maybe being able to set an auto on/off time, and days of week (like the default BB alarm). I would only be using this app Mon-Fri while at work.
    01-19-11 10:32 AM
    Not sure if it's from this app, but my wifi wasn't auto connecting all day yesterday
    Still not able to get a connection over the school network
    Still win 7 pro with 9650/6.0.0.415

01-19-11 10:37 AM
    Just a quick update I'm working on another build but I'm stuck travelling on work for the next 5 days so I want have time to work on it. Once I return ill have some new stuff.
    01-19-11 10:41 AM
    Enjoy the the trip. Will be testing v1.0.4 until the next version comes out.
    01-19-11 11:05 AM
    Will the desktop software work on Mac? I'd test it out, but my PC is fried

Edit, just seen it's an EXE file for the desktop software. Means Mac is a no-go Could you release one with a DMG extension please? Then a Mac user just drags it into his Applications Folder and then away we go
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 01-19-11 at 04:35 PM.
    01-19-11 04:33 PM
    this app has absolutely blown my mind!! AMAZING work. My god, this is perfect for me. I sit at my computer working on mixes with my bb in the dock, and I hate having to use the touch screen. This will be great. thanks so much
    01-19-11 07:20 PM
    Amazing!!! that's how i describe it... !
    Thank you it is the best app i've downloaded!

Really Really Easy to set up...

I am using Curve 8520 OSv 5.0.0.1036 / Windows XP Service Pack 3

Tested for SMS... Perfect..
    Tested for Twitter .. Perfect
    Tested for IM + .. Perfect
    Tested with PingChat Perfect... Mail Also Perfect

The App is awesome.. i put it in low quality of screen and it refresh real quick.. in high quality it took a loot but in the device was perfect..

If you could add USB or bluetooth support that would be perfect... i cannot conect to the same network in my office.. i tested with other network.. so support for USB or Bluetooth would be perfect!!

The name.. i like it...

Againg... Thank you! awesome APP!
    01-19-11 09:36 PM
    Now ive ran it for a few hours, here's a few findings.

The program seems to glitch quite easily. I'm on Win7 with a 9800. The graphics of the options screen tend to corrupt more often than not and the connection seems to freeze every now and again. I think if this was made a bit more stable it would really be great.
    Also, could there be a way to implement clicking on the pckeys screen to be pressing on the blackberry? I find myself instinctively clicking on the screen when i get a message or whatever.
    thanks again for an immense app
    01-20-11 05:55 AM
230 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD