01-16-14 03:24 PM
230 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I can't get it to connect over my schools network - had the same problem with elertify now that I think about it. I double and triple checked all the ip addresses and all that - could the school be blocking this kind of stuff?
    01-14-11 12:04 PM
    Just test 1.0.3 on the same system I was running before, as before everything is running fine.

Is there a possibility of maybe adding a way to sync your phone book and BBM contacts to the program so you can select who to sms email and BBM? Just a thought
    01-14-11 12:22 PM
    still gettin getting the error to installl .Net v4.0.31319

I am running windows 7 and I uninstalled and ran the cleanup utility and reinstalled the Full v4 .Net program and rebooted

still the pc program will not start
    01-14-11 12:34 PM
    I can't get it to connect over my schools network - had the same problem with elertify now that I think about it. I double and triple checked all the ip addresses and all that - could the school be blocking this kind of stuff?
    Haha. You painted that picture and it wasn't real? Like I said, if this could work without wifi, the possibilities would be endless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 12:37 PM
    Let me paint you a picture
    You've been in class for an hour with another 30 minutes to go before before you get a break. Your current professor has a strict no cell phones policy, but you have your laptop for taking notes. Your phone has been buzzing for almost that whole time, and you can just picture that poor neglected LED blinking and blinking...
    Your professor is lecturing on Washington v. International Shoe, and you know that if he sees you peek at your BlackBerry he'll ask you to explain the reasoning behind the dissent's opinion. You haven't even read the case holding, much less the dissent; in fact, you haven't even bought that textbook yet.
    Thankfully, with this app, you'll be able to check your BlackBerry without being noticed, and continue in blissful unawareness, at least until finals.

Awesome! (And purely hypothetical, I'm sure...)
    01-14-11 12:40 PM
    i've noticed a few things with 1.0.3

1. connection is very unstable, goes in and out on connection to bb
    2. my ability to type on bb via computer like 1.0.1 is not existing
    3. notifications are not working anymore neither when it up or minimized
    01-14-11 01:44 PM
    i've noticed a few things with 1.0.3

1. connection is very unstable, goes in and out on connection to bb
    2. my ability to type on bb via computer like 1.0.1 is not existing
    3. notifications are not working anymore neither when it up or minimized
    notifications only work when app is minimized.

mine took a bit to kick in but have been getting all notifications since then.
    01-14-11 02:41 PM
    Computer was stolen last week, but ill give the app a shot when my new one arrives in 6-9 days . Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) + 9700 running 6.0.0.424

01-14-11 04:12 PM
    Downloading this as soon as I get home. Sounds awesome. Quick question: will there be support for USB functionality in the future?

01-14-11 04:23 PM
    Awesome! (And purely hypothetical, I'm sure...)
    Well, I was going to make it un-hypothetical today but for some reason it wouldn't work over my school's network (except that I did read International Shoe v. Washington, and paid an outrageous $120 for the book used ).
    01-14-11 07:13 PM
    Just installed a few minutes ago. Lost connection once but, everything else works fine.

Win XP Home
    Torch 6.0.0.337 BDHP Version 5.0 Hybrid

btw, very cool App dood
    Last edited by kccman; 01-14-11 at 07:38 PM.
    01-14-11 07:31 PM
    So far everything is working fine on my vista machine but the newest update won't work on my xp. It connects fine but the on screen veiw of my torch won't appear. I only get the window asking me to calibrate, but it won't. I am not sure what to try next but I will play this weekend and I'm sure I will get it to work.

01-14-11 08:11 PM
    So far everything is working fine on my vista machine but the newest update won't work on my xp. It connects fine but the on screen veiw of my torch won't appear. I only get the window asking me to calibrate, but it won't. I am not sure what to try next but I will play this weekend and I'm sure I will get it to work.

stupid question but, you did go to the options and click the "calibrate screen" button right?
    01-14-11 08:54 PM
    I didn't do anything different or load new version (from 1.03 if newer is available) but screen display is now working. Tempted to want to click on it and type in the fields where intuitive for certain apps then to realize, oh ya, it's just a display. LOL.

I don't care at all about quality of image (so use lowest size) but quickness of refresh is important. Otherwise, I may scroll thru icons or type for a bbm, email, etc and I'm waiting for the screen to catch up. If it can't refresh fast, it adds a lot of frustration and in that way, it was better not seeing it.

Windows Vista 64 - 9700 OS6.0.0.424
    01-14-11 09:28 PM
    Yes. Did that many times. Like I said I have it working fine on my vista machine so I know how to do this.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

01-14-11 09:29 PM
    I just downloaded the application for my BlackBerry and Computer...

Device Specs:
    BlackBerry Torch 9800
    OS 6.0.0.337

Computer Specs:
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    64 Bit
    ---------------------------

Ok, so the initial setting up was a little tricky (because for some reason where you input your BlackBerry's IP in the computer app, I could have sworn it said "Enter PIN Here" but maybe I'm trippin lol). Once I did get setup (and realized that I needed to input the IP Address being displayed in the BlackBerry app) I clicked "Test Connection" and I got the popup message stating success! After I was connected, I calibrated my screen in the options and what do you know, my devices screen appeared! Very cool stuff and being that it's connected via wifi, it was surprisingly very responsive. I can basically control most every aspect of my BlackBerry using the computer side app! You almost don't even need to be able to see your device while it's connected thru PCKeys.

To be honest with you tho, the BlackBerry screen image is very pixelated or choppy looking so to speak, especially while zoomed to 75% to 100%. Of course I understand once you enlarge an image beyond it's current resolution (unless it's a vector image) than the pixelation (is that even a word? Ha) is gonna happen. But even at lower zoom levels, the image is somewhat choppy. I'll post. Some screen shots once I play with it some more.

I'm currently trying to create every possible event that PCKeys can currently handle...

I received a random phone call from a friend (literally moments after I successfully connected/paired with my device) so I know that popup works well lol! I clicked the answer button on my comp and it worked great! But, instictively I attempted to talk "at" my computer as if I was using Skype or something, immediately realizes my friend couldn't hear me because my BlackBerry wasn't on speaker nor was it even close enough without shouting. But that concept would definitely be awesome, if I could just talk thru my computer and be heard and hear whoever is on the other end thru my comp (I know this can be done with Bluetooth but I dunno if same rules apply with wifi). Maybe something worth looking into? Or being able to have a complete phone conversation thru PCKeys, without ever actually having to touch your device.

I also tried sending myself some test emails and actually have NOT received a single popup notification nor have I figured out how to reply to one using my computers keyboard.

Like I mentioned above, I've just begun to play around with it and test out the functionality. I received the phone call, tried some test emails and now I'm checking this post to see what's being said and I needed a little direction!

**Update: So in playing around with the application some more, there wasn't much i couldn't do on my BlackBerry from my computer! There is a little bit of lag and i had to hit the "restart connection" button A LOT to more or less refresh the screen but not bad. When using Google Chrome i noticed that any time i stopped moving my mouse, it would disappear (EDIT: It disappears in most any app while PCKeys is running). Here are some more screen shots i took while testing out using different apps on my BlackBerry thru the PCKeys app on the computer:

I believe you've got an excellent application being born and am excited for the future of PCKeys (or should I say "To Be Named Applciation"). I'll try and think up some other ideas for names for PCKeys and throw em at you for some food for thought.

Last edited by Jleeblanch; 01-15-11 at 12:19 AM. Reason: added screen shots and more feedback...
    01-14-11 10:47 PM
    After trying for a while this morning I am still in the same place. Everything works great on my vista machine. There is noticable delay in when typing but I can still do most functions from my computer and seeing the screen is awsome.

Amazing work as always Shao....

As for my XP machine thats another issue. I can not seem to get things working properly. I can connect, and control the functions of the phone but the on screen display will not work. When i try to many times to calibrate or reconnect my computer crashes. I will keep at it and find the problem eventually.
    01-15-11 12:44 PM
    9700 | 6.0.0.424 | 1.0.3

It's working but no notification.
    01-15-11 10:01 PM
    Unable to see my PC screen. Not sure if that option has been disabled in this release.

If I type when composing an Email or BBM, the Space Bar and Enter Key works fine, but the rest of the keys on my computer keypad do not do anything.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate & BlackBerry Bold 9650 with OS v6.0.0.415
    Finally was able to get it to work after I ended up having to wipe my device and reinstall OS 6. Not because of this app, I was experiencing extreme lag when opening the Inbox on my device and a few other issues.
    After re-installing OS 6, this app works perfectly. I can type and I can also see the BlackBerry screen on my PC screen.
    01-16-11 01:35 AM
    Testing 1.03 - Windows Vista 64 - 9700 6.0.0.424

Screen refresh seems to sometimes work, sometimes stop working. Can sometimes be restarted by config but not always

Would be nice if when I answer an SMS using PC Keys if the new SMS flag would disappear. Actually, to be more accurate, I have SMS contacts within BBM so it's the BBM flag that needs to be reset.

(sorry if has been previously reported, I'm not going thru beta test comments all the time before posting)
    01-16-11 10:35 AM
    The only problem I have had is the screen view on the PC is very laggy and doesn't stay up to date. This could be an issue with a less then optimal wifi connection. It's not bad, just not blazing.
    01-16-11 12:01 PM
    Just updated to 1.0.3, tried it for awhile, and I found that everytime I calibrate the screen, it works fine for about a min or less, then it freezes. I would ahve to "test connection" again and then re-calibrate for it to work again, only to have it freeze after awhile. Not sure if its just me.

Running: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Torch 9800 6.0.0.337
    Same here!

PC Platform: Windows Vista 64bit
    Carrier: VZW
    Phone:BB Bold 9650
    01-16-11 07:55 PM
    Same here!

PC Platform: Windows Vista 64bit
    Carrier: VZW
    Phone:BB Bold 9650
    I was basically have the same problem as you guys mentioned but instead of going through all the steps you guys are talking about, I just hit the "restart connection" button and everything would be fine again.

It was really just that the image on the computer of my BlackBerry screen would freeze every so often (every 1 to 2 minutes and occasionally it last longer) but I'd still have full control of my device as normal. I'd just have to click the restart connection button and the image shown on my comp would "refresh" so to speak.

I really believe this application has SOO much potential! I've been waiting for an app like this as to where I could basically control EVERY function of my BlackBerry from my laptop (or desktop)! Honestly, I'm able to now with PCKeys, quite easily too in fact. I just have to hit the restart connection button A LOT and I don't get actual popup notifications tho. Only once from a phone like I mentioned in my earlier post but that's it. If only you could somehow minimize the window displaying your devices screen after a "notification" has been handled!

01-16-11 08:30 PM
    I was basically have the same problem as you guys mentioned but instead of going through all the steps you guys are talking about, I just hit the "restart connection" button and everything would be fine again.

It was really just that the image on the computer of my BlackBerry screen would freeze every so often (every 1 to 2 minutes and occasionally it last longer) but I'd still have full control of my device as normal. I'd just have to click the restart connection button and the image shown on my comp would "refresh" so to speak.

I really believe this application has SOO much potential! I've been waiting for an app like this as to where I could basically control EVERY function of my BlackBerry from my laptop (or desktop)! Honestly, I'm able to now with PCKeys, quite easily too in fact. I just have to hit the restart connection button A LOT and I don't get actual popup notifications tho. Only once from a phone like I mentioned in my earlier post but that's it. If only you could somehow minimize the window displaying your devices screen after a "notification" has been handled!

Nice tip regarding the refresh button. I do that, but it freezes within a few seconds so that's a bit cumbersome. I agree that this well be a great app.
    01-16-11 09:26 PM
    iv been playing around with this for a few minutes so far, and to be honest i think its amazing how you managed to do it through wireless connection very clever cant wait until the full release comes out! good job!
    01-17-11 01:37 PM
230 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD