Works great, very smooth, wish we could see the BB screen on the pc/laptop along with using pc/laptop keyboard to control BB.

Excellent APP!
    01-12-11 12:56 PM
    It wouldn't connect for me at first. The IP Address of my BlackBerry would not show in the PC app. I went into the device settings to get my Blackberry IP Address, and manually imputed it into the PC app.

There are times when the app doesn't work. I just have to simply Restart the service.

SMS works great. I'm able to reply to messages and type into the text field for new messages.

Clipboard feature works great. I wish RIM would have come up with a concept like this using Bluetooth. It's a great way to type something on your computer, then paste it into your BlackBerry.

Email and BBM messages will only alert me of a new message, but I'm unable to view it on my PC.

I'm able to open the Email, BBM, Notepad, Calendar, & SMS apps from my PC.
    I'm only able to type from my PC for SMS only.
    Would have been great if it did the same for Email and Notepad.

Great app, thus far.
    01-12-11 03:26 PM
    I was only able to successfully open the SMS and look at received messages and reply to them. All the others would not seem to open. I would receive for instance an email and could not click on it to view and reply.

Shao, is it supposed to do the same as with sms? Show the received messages and click one to reply to for email and bbm?

Also lets say i leave the PCKeys screen on my PC and go to use the internet when i come back to the PCKeys screen the backlight on the BB turns on. Is it supposed to be that way?

Thanks will try more testing!
    01-12-11 04:16 PM
    this works great, but to get your ip on your BB if your getting "null" go to status information on the device and enter it from there.

i wish it had a screen on my computer that shows what the screen on my BB has so i can respond to stuff on my computer so i dont need to pick my bb up

(9650 w/ official 6.0 win 7)
    01-12-11 04:34 PM
    9650 - OS 6.0.0.415 on Sprint
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Installed on BB and PC. Ran program. BB IP did not show up. I manually entered it. Connected fine after that.

I was testing simsulSMS for awhile, but I never heard anything from the dev for awhile, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. I do like this program so far, just curious to see how it affects my battery.
    01-12-11 05:08 PM
    So far, I get a popup when I get an incoming text. I don't get any popup for incoming BBM, but I notice a little red star on the icon for the PC app in my taskbar.

I though the program would allow the popup to appear and stay open so I could reply back while looking at the computer screen, but am I supposed to look at my phone and control it via my keyboard? I can control my phone via my keyboard but it seems silly that I have to actually look at my phone while doing so. I was hoping I could reply without even looking at phone, a very handy tool while @ work.

When I try to type text, nothing shows up on my phone. I may be doing it wrong...I'll try a reboot as well.
    01-12-11 05:25 PM
    Rather than reply to each post individually I'll summarize a few things which should answer everyones questions.

Ok I've made a work around for "null" showing as IP for CDMA devices, it was another RIM OS bug thats been around for over a year and still not fixed....

Pop-ups will not show when PCKeys is activate on your PC. Only when it is in the background or minimized. There is also some logic to prevent repeat notifications (of the same type) so it doesn't get annoying. So for example, if you get a BBM pop-up, and then another one within a couple minutes it won't alert. Unless you get 3 of them, it will show the 1st and 3rd one (all within a couple mins). I hope that makes sense, it seemed to work well for me in my tests.

PcKeys should work on OS 4.7 to 6.0. It should work on XP, Vista & 7. If your firewall does not prompt you try opening UDP ports 3001 to 3004 on your PC.

Clicking the SMS icon on the PC app doesn't lauch SMS on your device, it will bring up the SMS list on your PC, this is intentional.

I did have code to show the BB screen on your PC, but it lags the BB, I'll consider turning it back on.

There is currently no way to reply through the app for emails, just for SMS, clicking the message popup should take you to your inbox. The only pop-ups with special functions are SMS and incoming call.

If PCKeys is the active on your PC it will keep the backlight on your device. If you minimize or it is hidden it won't keep it on.

If I didn't answer any questions you had please try the new version (first post) and if it is still an issue let me know.

Thank you all for testing!
    01-12-11 05:30 PM
    updating now.

i was able to get the phone and PC to connect once earlier today and was able to open BBM and Email on my storm 2. didnt stay connected long enough to try much else tho.
    01-12-11 06:25 PM
    ok, it shows the IP address in the BB app now. was able to connect first try, but for some reason the connection ended up failing. when i try to type something i get an "error Connection" on top of the PC app.

i was able to move around on my storm 2 and open apps using the navigation buttons on the app. but for some reason my dial pad keeps popping up and going away while the app is connected.
    01-12-11 06:41 PM
    Here's some suggestion for names, don't laugh if they sound cheesy, just throwing out ideas :O

("Be" Can be substituted with "Berry" or "PC", main thing is the word behind "Be" which lets people know it connects the PC and BB.)

BeLinked
    BeConnected
    BeHitched
    BeTagged
    BeBridge
    BeBond
    PCInterface
    Affixiated

Thats all I can come up with now Just woke up so still kinda brain-dead.
    01-12-11 09:32 PM
    Rather than reply to each post individually I'll summarize a few things which should answer everyones questions.

Ok I've made a work around for "null" showing as IP for CDMA devices, it was another RIM OS bug thats been around for over a year and still not fixed....

Pop-ups will not show when PCKeys is activate on your PC. Only when it is in the background or minimized. There is also some logic to prevent repeat notifications (of the same type) so it doesn't get annoying. So for example, if you get a BBM pop-up, and then another one within a couple minutes it won't alert. Unless you get 3 of them, it will show the 1st and 3rd one (all within a couple mins). I hope that makes sense, it seemed to work well for me in my tests.

PcKeys should work on OS 4.7 to 6.0. It should work on XP, Vista & 7. If your firewall does not prompt you try opening UDP ports 3001 to 3004 on your PC.

Clicking the SMS icon on the PC app doesn't lauch SMS on your device, it will bring up the SMS list on your PC, this is intentional.

I did have code to show the BB screen on your PC, but it lags the BB, I'll consider turning it back on.

There is currently no way to reply through the app for emails, just for SMS, clicking the message popup should take you to your inbox. The only pop-ups with special functions are SMS and incoming call.

If PCKeys is the active on your PC it will keep the backlight on your device. If you minimize or it is hidden it won't keep it on.

If I didn't answer any questions you had please try the new version (first post) and if it is still an issue let me know.

Thank you all for testing!
    Ah i see well when you put it that way i think everything is working fine. I was just wondering maybe they all opened a screen on the PC but i now understand how it works.

Any way of being able to compose anything from the PC even if its without it showing the BB screen on my PC. Like sms but just being able to type in the recipient and the message? idk i just think it would be cool.

As for the "null" you made a workaround for is that now available for download as well or no?

Thanks
    01-12-11 11:25 PM
    Running Windows XP SP3.

I was prompted to install .NET Framework 4.0.30319 right off the bat. Working on that now.
    01-12-11 11:59 PM
    Testing and made first connection this morning. Everything smooth but wierd to have control over a device and have to look at the screen elsewhere. If you can show what's on the screen quickly, even in relatively low res, that would be good. Perhaps a screen capture program built in providing constant feedback? Maybe there's a way to use QuickLaunch's screen capture feature.

I can see how SMS is much more intuitive. It would be good though to be able to send an SMS from the address book. When I clicked the SMS icon, I wasn't sure what to do and assumed I could type a name and it would pull from my address book, if not on my berry, then on Outlook. After I looked up a friend's number (I don't know most numbers anymore due to electronic address books), I sent one and it worked great.

I know you can see what device/OS I'm running from my signature, but since my OS changes frequently, I'm presently running 9700 OS6 - BTHM .418 V3 (.415/.418).

One suggestion. Why not setup a BBM group for testers. I know PCKeys doesn't work with BBM Groups yet, but BBM's a natural interface for quick feedback and discussion.
    01-13-11 07:27 AM
    Hi Shao! Starting testing today. How about a simple name like "BBPC" or "PCBB"? Whatever you end up going with, I hope it's something unique enough that a search in the CB forums doesn't include a bunch of non-related stuff.

Excited to see this baby in action!
    01-13-11 08:37 AM
    PC Platform: Windows 7 64bit home edition
    Carrier: AT&T
    Phone:BB Torch 9800
    Platform:6.4.0.142
    WLAN V:4.2.0.38
    I like the name blackberry keyboard connection (BBKC)
    Personal findings:
    Messenger:when I c lick the icon it opens
    The mail messenger on my Torch perfectly.
    I'm able to type on my keyboard and it
    Transfers over to my torch, every once in awhile some key presses will not work on the first press have to keep pressing the key.

BBM:When I press the bbm icon it lauches the app on my torch perfectly but has same problem with some keys not working on the first try.

Memo Pad:When I press the memo pad button it lauches the app on my torch perfectly, again some keys every once in awile will not work on first time.

Calendar:When I press the button it launches the app on my torch perfectly, sometimes the key press does not work on first try.

SMS Button:When I press the button it launches another screen in the PCKeys PC app, And when I press the compose button it launches a new window to type the reciepent's number and then my message.

Green phone button:When I press the button it launches the on screen keypad on my torch and am able to dial numbers.

Blackberry option button:When I press the button it launches the menu on my torch perfectly.

The escape key:When I press this key in any app it will escape the current screen and go back into the previous screen you were in.

The Red End button:When I press this button in any app it will close the the app or hang up the phone after you get done talking.

Send to clipboard:when I highlight text I click the copy to clipboard.and it cut's out want I want copied and does not copy back the text correctly all it puts in is Midland.

Turn backlight on:When I press this button after I let my screen timeout I click the turn backlight button and it brings my phone out of the sleep state.

Options button:When I clcik this button it brings up another screen called Pop-up Notifications this screens seems to work for me.

The blue ? Mark button:Nothing happens when I press the button.

That bought wraps my review up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by phantommadman; 01-13-11 at 09:11 AM.
    01-13-11 09:00 AM
    I too manually enter th IP address and got it to connect once. However, since then I get this error:

01-13-11 09:39 AM
    ok, it shows the IP address in the BB app now. was able to connect first try, but for some reason the connection ended up failing. when i try to type something i get an "error Connection" on top of the PC app.

i was able to move around on my storm 2 and open apps using the navigation buttons on the app. but for some reason my dial pad keeps popping up and going away while the app is connected.

Verizon Storm 2 9550
    BB OS = 5.0.0.1015 w/ Lyricidal's .1049 v2 hybrid
    Laptop OS = Windows 7 Pro (32 bit)

I am getting the same symptoms. My BB pops up saying connected and I can navigate around, but the PC says "error connecting".

I found that the dial pad on the BB either pops us or down (whichever state it isn't in at the time) when the PCkeys app window is made active (if inactive) or minimized. If it is made inactive without minimizing it, the dial pad doesn't change. If it is restored from being minimized, the dial pad toggles twice (on and off or off and on). If made active from behind an app... wait.... never mind. It seemed to be consistent, but now appears to be happening randomly...

Feature suggestions:

1. While I haven't gotten any popups to appear on the PC yet, I would like to see CrunchSMS added to the list of options for popups.

2. It would be nice to see a notification in the notification tray when PC keys is running. Maybe have it change colors when connected or not. It's not an app I will leave always on and the notification would remind me it's running. Especially since it isn't in the task switcher.

This is a very promising app!
    01-13-11 09:51 AM
    Installed 1.0.2

Had to reboot after install. Ran PCKeys and it immediately connected, no problems. As you stated in Known Bugs, my key presses aren't working on my 9650 on 6.0.0.415.

I don't need to see my BB screen per se, especially if it lags the BB down, or excessively drains the battery, but a pop up window showing in coming message (BBM or email) and a line for me to type back a reply would be nice.

My popups are random, regardless if I have the program minimized or not. Most of the time, I'm just not getting them. I see the icon with the red star and I hear my BB go off, but no pop up window.

Also, just wondering, but when I press the BB button, I don't see PCKeys running on the BB, but it obviously is, since I can control it from the computer app. Once opened, it just runs all the time? Is there no way to effectively close the app once you're done?
    01-13-11 10:19 AM

I am getting the same symptoms. My BB pops up saying connected and I can navigate around, but the PC says "error connecting".
    I missed the post about the updated app, so now my BB connects fine. However, I'm getting the "eror connecting" on the PC end as well.
    01-13-11 10:49 AM
    Most options seem to be working fine for me. I have my torch in a cradle in front of me and can see the screen easily while working on the keyboard with pckeys.
    The only real issue I havent been able to resolve is that when i use the green dial button in pckeys, it brings up my dialpad ok, but then when i try to dial a number on the keyboard the dialpad closes and goes back to the homescreen.

Any ideas on this.....
    01-13-11 11:04 AM
    Now. This. Is. Cool.
    01-13-11 01:02 PM
    I have a storm 9550 and the app seems also to just toggle the dialpad open and closed, with no interaction, by itself
    01-13-11 02:53 PM
    Just installed the newer version 1.02, Keyboard is way more responsive. Only issue I've noticed right away is when in the phone app and using the arrows to scroll through the phone book, after a few presses it shuts down the phone app and goes back to the home screen.
    01-13-11 07:13 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback thus far! Ive just posted a new build (1.0.3) with a lot of fixes and I've also added the option to view your BBs screen on your PC. Theres a lot of optimizations in this build too so things should be faster. I've been reading through the thread and fixing as many bugs as I can, so if you still have an issue from a previous build please post back. Im still looking into the phone screen disappearing, I have no idea why it's doing it!
    01-13-11 07:52 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback thus far! Ive just posted a new build (1.0.3) with a lot of fixes and I've also added the option to view your BBs screen on your PC. Theres a lot of optimizations in this build too so things should be faster. I've been reading through the thread and fixing as many bugs as I can, so if you still have an issue from a previous build please post back. Im still looking into the phone screen disappearing, I have no idea why it's doing it!
    Thanks, Shao! I can now see my screen and can successfully stay connected. The dialpad keeps going in and out, but now I can watch it on my monitor!

Haven't been able to test pop ups yet because have only received texts so far with it running and I use Crunch SMS which isn't an option. Gonna have to send myself an email!

Thanks!
    01-13-11 08:29 PM
230 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD