Windows Vista 64 bit - 9700 OS6 .448

I'm not 100% sure but I it seems that when I'm on my work network, I can connect but no screenshot. On my home network, it works as expected.

>> EDIT >> Maybe not true after all. Shortly after I posted this, screen didn't show @ work.

Also, I wanted to add an idea...
    Would be nice to paste text into PC Keys. ... In my mind... I just found a twitter post that I'd like to share with a BBM contact. Copy twitter post. Switch to PC Keys. Open BBM contact chat. Paste.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 03-08-11 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Correction to mis-perception & add idea/feature
    03-07-11 10:48 AM
    Windows XPSP3 32 bit - 9780 .461

Downloading & installing it now ..
    03-07-11 08:42 PM
    Windows Vista 64 bit - 9700 OS6 .448

I'm not 100% sure but I it seems that when I'm on my work network, I can connect but no screenshot. On my home network, it works as expected.

>> EDIT >> Maybe not true after all. Shortly after I posted this, screen didn't show @ work.

Also, I wanted to add an idea...
    Would be nice to paste text into PC Keys. ... In my mind... I just found a twitter post that I'd like to share with a BBM contact. Copy twitter post. Switch to PC Keys. Open BBM contact chat. Paste.
    You can use the copy to clipboard option for this.
    03-08-11 07:59 AM
    You can use the copy to clipboard option for this.
    Copy/Paste w/clipboard didn't work for me. I think because it's reading keystrokes.
    03-12-11 10:53 PM
    I like!

Installed without any issues.

Haven't had a chance to play with any texting but that time will come.

TRAY ICONS
    =========
    I notice there are two on my Vista box. Shouldn't there be only one?
    Can the tray icon be more functional? Perhaps left-clicking can toggle hide/show for the app display and right-clicking can bring up a context menu (one that includes an Exit function).

BB SCREEN
    ========
    Can the size and position of the preview screen be remembered across sessions? I like to move the screen to a specific area of my display -- to have it always appear in my selected location would be nice.

DOCK
    ====
    Didn't work on my Vista box. Hovering on the taskbar button showed an image of the dock, but the dock itself was nowhere to be found. I had to quit and restart the app in order to return functionality.

LAG
    ===
    I'm using the default settings for the BB screen and there is quite a bit of lag between keyboard clicks and device response. Could be at my end, though.

BUTTON5
    =======
    I give up --- what is it?

NAME
    ====
    I prefer descriptive names for my apps. The suggested names with "connect" or "connected" in them are good, but they imply "tethering" to me, which the app clearly does not do. The app is a bridge between the 'Berry and the computer. BBridge, BerryBridge/BridgeBerry, BridgeIt (my favorite) and BB2PC each connote that bridging.

As always, you do creative work and you don't sleep until you do it right. I'm seeing great potential for this app, perhaps even going as far as becoming a WifiFileTransfer alternative. I look forward to your updates!

(BTW: I've an idea for another utility that only you, Shao, could create. PM me if you're interested.)

---
    Last edited by ubersurfer; 03-15-11 at 12:15 PM.
    03-13-11 11:14 AM
    Just a feedback. i know this is in beta so i'd like to give some feedback, not to complain. but it's weird. i'm running os 6 on my 9700. it's always unable to calibrate my screen even when i go to options.
    03-14-11 06:00 AM
    Still wi-fi only? I would love this on my 9530 (no wi-fi).
    03-25-11 03:52 PM
    Has there been any more development on this? This is an app I use daily (PC screen pop-ups are quite convenient) and I'd love to see the program gain greater acceptance.

Once again, Shao, you have impressed me!

04-03-11 08:40 PM
    Windows Vista 64 - 9700 534

Very weird. After upgrading to the 534 leak, I can again regularly see the BB screen. I don't even have to calibrate. With 499 and 499 based hybrids, most of the time, nothing.

> by nothing I meant that I had control of the berry thru PC Keys but not image on computer
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 04-10-11 at 10:51 AM. Reason: clarification
    04-10-11 06:22 AM
    ive got connection using vista and 9650 .524 but bb screen wont calibrate and show
    04-10-11 09:37 AM
    Will there be a mac version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 09:44 AM
    PCBB

Testing now.

Works but cannot calibrate screen
    04-10-11 11:08 AM
    Win Vista - 9700 6.0.0.534

Found many severe errors in error log which, after testing and removing other apps which I thought could be related, I found to be related to PC Keys. These PC Keys related errors were occurring even when I didn't see the app running (in App Switcher).
    04-14-11 09:39 PM
    Windows 7 Ultimate - ATT Torch 9800 6.0.0.534

I just saw this app and figured that I would give it a shot. I always like helping the developers perfect one of their prodcuts.

I don't know if any of these issues have been brought up already, (I didn't read the thread) but it seems like when I'm typing something out on my computer and I then look at the blackberry screen to see if it is coming out correctly, the spelling of some of the words are missing letters. I don't know if its because I'm typing too fast, but I know that I typed these out correctly as I was typing them.

Also, I will have to sit at the main screen on the pc for 30 seconds or so and have to click "Test connection" until it finally shows that it is connected

Other than those two issues great app!!
    04-15-11 01:42 PM
    Vista Ultimate SP1 and 9650 w/King v4 on 466.

Great idea --I'm surprised that this hasn't come along sooner. I had something similar for my Treo some time back called PDAReach from June Fabrics. I didn't realize just how much I missed it until I saw this.

Aside from somewhat slow screen updates, my only issue with this is about shutting it down. I have to open my Windows Task manager to shut down the PC app, and the only way that I've found to shut down the BlackBerry app is to open What's Running and find PCKeys. There is no indicator in the homescreen section for running apps.
    Last edited by Underway99; 05-01-11 at 12:49 AM.
    04-30-11 11:53 PM
    I've been a champion of this app since it was introduced but, sadly, I had to let it go.

PCKeys causes a serious issue on my phone: Incoming calls ring, but I have to answer three times before a connection gets through.

When a call comes in, my ringtone sounds, as usual. Pressing the answer key causes a delay for a second or so, then the ringtone starts again from the beginning. Answering that call causes another delay, then I'm sent to my incoming call screen without a ringtone. It's only at that time that the answer key allows me to connect the call. Frustrating at my end, frustrating for the caller.

Quite a shame. After uninstalling PCKeys, my phone works perfectly. *sigh*

05-01-11 10:48 AM
    I want to test this out, but it's asking me for an activation code. Can anyone help me with that?

I have BB 9700 OS 6.0.0.534 and Windows 7

Thanks.
    Last edited by dalerex; 05-02-11 at 08:38 PM.
    05-02-11 08:33 PM
    This is working so well for me recently, on latest 9800 build. I start it up with my computer and bam, i've got the screen ready to go. Great work. How far are we off from completion?
    05-03-11 07:03 AM
    Just found this thread and thought what a cool idea....installed to my PC running Windows XP and to my BB 8900 Running OS5 and this was so fast and easy......Calibration...done; send text..done.....just wondering how to input an appointment using my PC keyboard.....
    05-03-11 11:32 PM
    everything seemed to work perfectly, minus the updating reatime screen. its still very laggy even on its lowest setting. the phones screen updates nearly immediately, but the computer's screen of the phones screen doesnt. if that was made to run quicker this app would be amazing. all other functions seem to be working as they should. i also noticed alot of "conneced/not connected" problems. that seemed spotty too. i need to see if thats because of the wifi network im on now, which isnt very strong.

9780 running 6.0.0.534, Windows 7 Starter, 32-bit Acer Apire One.

i would love to test another updated version of this app....looks very promising.
    05-05-11 01:57 AM
    i also noticed i can fully navigate the phone an its working fine on my home PC running XP, but the group chats dont work. i can enter BBM groups, but cant really navigate well inside and the computer wont enter text im typing. however, if i navigate on the phone or type using the keypad, it will reflect in the group chat. any ideas?
    05-05-11 08:10 AM
    I've been a champion of this app since it was introduced but, sadly, I had to let it go.

PCKeys causes a serious issue on my phone: Incoming calls ring, but I have to answer three times before a connection gets through.

When a call comes in, my ringtone sounds, as usual. Pressing the answer key causes a delay for a second or so, then the ringtone starts again from the beginning. Answering that call causes another delay, then I'm sent to my incoming call screen without a ringtone. It's only at that time that the answer key allows me to connect the call. Frustrating at my end, frustrating for the caller.

Quite a shame. After uninstalling PCKeys, my phone works perfectly. *sigh*

I had the exact same problem. At first I was blaming it on another app...but it in fact was pckeys. Hopefully that can be fixed, because I really do love the concept of this one!
    05-07-11 12:11 AM
    I had the exact same problem. At first I was blaming it on another app...but it in fact was pckeys. Hopefully that can be fixed, because I really do love the concept of this one!
    Would you be running a custom theme built with BlackBerry Theme Builder 6?

05-07-11 01:53 PM
    I had this app but my phone was stolen I download from OTA link and asks for a code now. Anyone have the COD's for 1.0.7 I just love the app and use a lot at work so my boss does not see my BB in my hands.
    05-10-11 01:02 PM
    Would you be running a custom theme built with BlackBerry Theme Builder 6?

A custom theme, yes. But it wasn't built in TB6.
    05-17-11 12:20 AM
230 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD