just updated.

dial pad still pops up (i know you workin on that) but comes up a lot so its sometimes unusable.

was able to type BBM and email messages using my comp KB so that looks to be all good.

got to the screen thing to work but seems to delay a lot and freeze up.
    01-13-11 08:38 PM
    Didn't get a chance to review v2, but v3 is awesome - connects right away.
    Remote display = awesome! It keeps freezking up and staying on the same screen (although commands still work), but it's pretty freakin cool.

Keyboard doesn't work in BBM groups still, but you know that I'm sure.
    One thing I noticed tho is that popups disappear really quick, it might be cuz I'm typing but if that was an adjustable option it would be awesome.
    I don't want too give you too much to do, but could you make a double click on the BB button open the app switcher?
    01-13-11 09:05 PM
    Didn't get a chance to review v2, but v3 is awesome - connects right away.
    Remote display = awesome! It keeps freezking up and staying on the same screen (although commands still work), but it's pretty freakin cool.

Keyboard doesn't work in BBM groups still, but you know that I'm sure.
    One thing I noticed tho is that popups disappear really quick, it might be cuz I'm typing but if that was an adjustable option it would be awesome.
    I don't want too give you too much to do, but could you make a double click on the BB button open the app switcher?
    BBM groups not working is an OS/ RIM bug. shao said theres nothin he can do about it.
    01-13-11 09:09 PM
    Gotcha, thanks man - I musta missed that post, it's been a crazy couple of days.
    Is it a bug, or did RIM do it on purpose?
    01-13-11 09:13 PM
    Gotcha, thanks man - I musta missed that post, it's been a crazy couple of days.
    Is it a bug, or did RIM do it on purpose?
    its RIM, you never can tell with them lol
    01-13-11 09:13 PM
    after playing with the apps some more i noticed that when i am in an app or something my dial pad never pops up, but as soon as i go back to app or home screen the dial pad pops up almost instantly
    01-13-11 09:27 PM
    Hope this isn't too dumb a question . When an update is posted is it an update only for the BB app or should we redownload the pc app also ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 10:08 PM
    At least in this case (and probably all) it's both.
    I wondered the same thing.

01-13-11 10:09 PM
    Hope this isn't too dumb a question . When an update is posted is it an update only for the BB app or should we redownload the pc app also ?

read the update log on first post. sometimes just need to update BB or PC apps and sometimes you'll need to do both.
    01-13-11 10:33 PM
    ok i downloaded the new pckeys.exe and I get a .Net error saying i need 4.0.31319 ---which i updated or reinstalled and rebooted and still get the error ...
    01-14-11 12:03 AM
    Running Windows XP SP3.

I was prompted to install .NET Framework 4.0.30319 right off the bat. Working on that now.
    I was prompt as well. Went online and found an install file. Everything's working fine now.
    01-14-11 12:44 AM
    Unable to see my PC screen. Not sure if that option has been disabled in this release.

If I type when composing an Email or BBM, the Space Bar and Enter Key works fine, but the rest of the keys on my computer keypad do not do anything.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate & BlackBerry Bold 9650 with OS v6.0.0.415
    Last edited by cdf3; 01-14-11 at 12:58 AM.
    01-14-11 12:50 AM
    Unable to see my PC screen. Not sure if that option has been disabled in this release.

If I type when composing an Email or BBM, the Space Bar and Enter Key works fine, but the rest of the keys on my computer keypad do not do anything.
    That's weird, I was able to type just fine.

01-14-11 12:51 AM
    That's weird, I was able to type just fine.

Not sure what could be wrong.
    01-14-11 12:59 AM
    Wow 1.0.3 works great. I was able to get the screen to work after calibrating it twice the first time the screen looked frozen i closed it and re-calibrated it and it works now!
    Last edited by aBoldPatriotsFan; 01-14-11 at 01:23 AM.
    01-14-11 01:18 AM
    Testing new version 1.0.3 works great.. i like the Remote Display feauture
    keep up shao, love it!
    Using WinXP and 9700 OS 6.0.0.418

01-14-11 02:21 AM
    So for 1.0.3 is working just fine for me now! One suggestion is I wonder if you could have a button on the PC side to lock/unlock the phone?
    01-14-11 02:24 AM
    Just updated to 1.0.3, tried it for awhile, and I found that everytime I calibrate the screen, it works fine for about a min or less, then it freezes. I would ahve to "test connection" again and then re-calibrate for it to work again, only to have it freeze after awhile. Not sure if its just me.

Running: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Torch 9800 6.0.0.337
    Last edited by DTDS; 01-14-11 at 04:34 AM.
    01-14-11 04:28 AM
    Could not get screen display to work at all. When tried to calibrate, it gave messages saying "check your IP address and connection again. unable to calibrate", but it was connected and otherwise working well.

Running Keys 1.03
    Windows 7 64 bit Service Pack 2
    9700 6.0.0.424
    01-14-11 07:14 AM
    great work so far Shao, My only issue with this build(other then the phone app thing) is the on screen(pc screen) is very low res and when blown up its nearly unreadable. Don't know if this is something you can control or not?

EDIT:
    Just wondering, when pressing the SMS text icon on the pc, can this not first open the Text message app? Also could a button be added to "Compose" a message instead of just a a box to compose.
    Last edited by homer1475; 01-14-11 at 07:39 AM.
    01-14-11 07:24 AM
    The new install forced me to upgrade ms framework on my xp machine. After doing that it tried to work but then crashed the computer totally with a blue screen of death. I will work on that later and see what I can do to get it working properly.

On a better note, on my vista machine everythign works as supposed to with a minimal delay from the bb to the onscreen mirror.

Very cool. I will hae more time to test on the weekend and write up some proper feedback.
    01-14-11 08:03 AM
    I'm blown away with this!!! Great work so far! I just loaded this morning and was connected right away per your instructions on the first post.
    I am also getting the toggling of the dial pad but that stops when the phone fades out (but leaves it on the dial pad instead of my home screen).
    There is i bit of a lag when typing but definately acceptable IMO.

Storn 2 9550
    OS 5.0.0.713
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64
    Last edited by rayzryd266; 01-14-11 at 10:40 AM.
    01-14-11 09:20 AM
    This is NOT a criticism - I think it's pretty cool just to see it work - but why would anyone need this? Your phone is right there, just pick it up. Why go through the hassle of performing actions on the computer that may or may not work when you know they'll work on the phone itself? Now if this didn't require wifi and I could control the phone from miles away, that would be something. Again, this is not a criticism at all. Clearly people are using this happily, I would just like to know the purpose other than the cool factor.

01-14-11 10:34 AM
    This is NOT a criticism - I think it's pretty cool just to see it work - but why would anyone need this? Your phone is right there, just pick it up. Why go through the hassle of performing actions on the computer that may or may not work when you know they'll work on the phone itself? Now if this didn't require wifi and I could control the phone from miles away, that would be something. Again, this is not a criticism at all. Clearly people are using this happily, I would just like to know the purpose other than the cool factor.

Let me paint you a picture
    You've been in class for an hour with another 30 minutes to go before before you get a break. Your current professor has a strict no cell phones policy, but you have your laptop for taking notes. Your phone has been buzzing for almost that whole time, and you can just picture that poor neglected LED blinking and blinking...
    Your professor is lecturing on Washington v. International Shoe, and you know that if he sees you peek at your BlackBerry he'll ask you to explain the reasoning behind the dissent's opinion. You haven't even read the case holding, much less the dissent; in fact, you haven't even bought that textbook yet.
    Thankfully, with this app, you'll be able to check your BlackBerry without being noticed, and continue in blissful unawareness, at least until finals.

01-14-11 10:58 AM
    Let me paint you a picture
    You've been in class for an hour with another 30 minutes to go before before you get a break. Your current professor has a strict no cell phones policy, but you have your laptop for taking notes. Your phone has been buzzing for almost that whole time, and you can just picture that poor neglected LED blinking and blinking...
    Your professor is lecturing on Washington v. International Shoe, and you know that if he sees you peek at your BlackBerry he'll ask you to explain the reasoning behind the dissent's opinion. You haven't even read the case holding, much less the dissent; in fact, you haven't even bought that textbook yet.
    Thankfully, with this app, you'll be able to check your BlackBerry without being noticed, and continue in blissful unawareness, at least until finals.

yea umm...... wow lol

i just like it cause im on my comp all the time and its easier using this app then having to stop what im doing and use my phone. plus im lazy lol
    01-14-11 11:26 AM
230 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD