Any chance of porting this app to the PlayBook? Think you would have a huge hit.
    07-07-11 11:53 PM
    @Shao.
    As always, thanks for the effort that you put into all your apps - which have always top quality.
    07-08-11 12:36 AM
    I would like to be able to disable the message preview for SMS, and only have "new message from _________"

It takes a while for the message to pop up and I would rather just have the notification then press space to go into the app and read the message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 02:50 AM
    IMO one of the essential apps for my bb

i noticed smtg, when i receive a sms and i get the popup. i click on the trackpad to open the sms but instead it takes me to write a new sms

and when i click the back button, leave it on appears as if it opened in the background
    Last edited by eliasso; 07-08-11 at 04:03 AM.
    07-08-11 03:54 AM
    @shao can you add to the bbm popup from who the bbm message is, just an idea
    07-08-11 04:43 AM
    The beta is working perfectly for me - including notifications - on my Bold9000 running an OS5 hybrid.
    07-08-11 05:20 AM
    Love this app, had no idea it even existed!

The only problem I have seen is when "show when locked/standby" is set to "no" the screen still turns on. I'd like for the screen to stay off until I manually take it out of standby & for the popup to then display. I see this being an issue at night otherwise.

Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-08-11 07:37 AM
    Oh, one more thing, I also use berrybuzz and clicking on a leave it on popup doesn't cancel the bebuzz led notification (for email & sms so far).

Thanks.

07-08-11 07:40 AM
    One more report of lio launching after replying to an sms also.

Thanks.

07-08-11 07:42 AM
    Got this error message after receiving an email. It was a reported post mod email, lol. I actually got the regular popup first, then this one 2nd, so I guess it's something to do with the filter that's set up so I don't get duplicate mod emails?

07-08-11 01:36 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I'll have a new build in a couple hours and I'll respond to everyone then.
    07-08-11 04:48 PM
    First off I've been a fan of this app since your first version, hands down my #1 app !

I was surprised after I deleted my original app and rebooted and then DL'd this beta version and rebooted again that all my original settings were still there as I wasn't expecting that to happen After a few test emails and sms tests I was happy to see the pop-ups because I actually spent a few hours a month ago trying to figure out why I wasn't seeing them anymore without any success.

So far the only thing I've noticed is the text going back to white after a reboot and when I get a sms and click on it opens up the LIO app...just like a few others have posted.

One other problem I have both with this version and the previous ones is if I click on 'Get Animations' and click on the dropdown I get a blank box and an Error Connecting Message at the top.

Thanks again for this #1 quality app !
    07-08-11 06:06 PM
    Sorry if I missed anyoone, but I gotta keep this quick, just on my way out the door but wanted to get a new build up.

I have a question, Can you please tell me if i can change the default icons for the SMS and also for my enterprise emails?
    Theres no way to changer it per email address, but if you click Get Animations you can set different icons for each contact

I would like to be able to disable the message preview for SMS, and only have "new message from _________"

It takes a while for the message to pop up and I would rather just have the notification then press space to go into the app and read the message.
    Check the "BBKey/Click" option, pick one without "Preview" in it.

and when i click the back button, leave it on appears as if it opened in the background
    Fixed.

@shao can you add to the bbm popup from who the bbm message is, just an idea
    Unfortunately it is not possible with the BB OS, Id love to be able to add that.

Oh, one more thing, I also use berrybuzz and clicking on a leave it on popup doesn't cancel the bebuzz led notification (for email & sms so far).
    Do you have BeBuzz set to clear LED on first activity?

Got this error message after receiving an email. It was a reported post mod email, lol. I actually got the regular popup first, then this one 2nd, so I guess it's something to do with the filter that's set up so I don't get duplicate mod emails?
    Thats the dev mode notifications, it will probably popup after SMSs as well. Unless you're trying to capture notifications for new apps you can turn dev mode off. If you wanna get me the numbers for SocialScope that would be great :P since I dont have it.

So far the only thing I've noticed is the text going back to white after a reboot and when I get a sms and click on it opens up the LIO app...just like a few others have posted.

One other problem I have both with this version and the previous ones is if I click on 'Get Animations' and click on the dropdown I get a blank box and an Error Connecting Message at the top.
    Fix and Fixed.

Someone posted about adding transparency (sorry in a rush so cant look back right now), but I'll consider adding it.

New build in first post.
    07-08-11 07:54 PM
    Thanks a lot Shao, your fix for the uncaught exception worked! Everything seems to be running great so far! I have two small requests. Could you update the Twitter for Blackberry icon to the new versions' "bird" instead of the "t"? Also, I got a notification from Scoremobile which would be a great addition to LIO popups. I don't have a screen capture app, so I wrote the following code down: 35491915439079103... And as long as I'm asking, and if you decide to include my requests in LIO, could you make the Twitter bird icon and the Scoremobile icon animated ?

Thanks again and keep up the awesome work!

07-08-11 10:24 PM
    BerryReader suport! Awesome!

07-08-11 10:35 PM
    Hi Shao,

I have a concern with the IM Apps, Is there a option to disable the LIO notification(which keeps popping on the screen when chatting with a contact) ?

Regards,
    Dinesh
    07-08-11 10:37 PM
    Shao,
    This is shaping up nicely! Illegalargument error fixed! You have fixed the UberSocial issue for me too! The popup now actually opens the app and while inside, if the app refreshes, it does not produce a popup while within the app (if that option is checked off). I also really like the BerryReader addition. I also hope as another poster stated that you could add an animated icon for it. In fact, I would like to see every icon updated & animated if possible.

Now with that said, as per our email session I have some numbers here for you, but I am not too clear on what I have for some....

1) Blaq (new-19486277857287962) I think this is for a general new tweet/refresh alert. (Module-1 Blaq)

2)Issimo (new-7644060890442374606) I think this is for a general new tweet/refresh alert. (Module-1 Issimo)

Here is where I get a bit confused...
    3) UberSocial (5032436702813270954) Not sure what this is for, as your app already pops up for Uber. But, I got this number from a scheduled refresh. I never received any DM's or anything, so I'm not sure what it is. (Module-1 UberSocial)

4) SocialScope (new-79720458071257125753657) I think this is for a general new tweet/refresh alert. (Module-1 SocialScope)

For SS, I also get (4057228196662733354) I think this may be a notification for my secondary account on it or one of my Twitter list alerts, but there is no way to determine this unless I jump through a lot of hoops to change settings with BerryBuzz/profiles and such to try and pin it down. Sorry, I could not be more assistance than this. (Module-1 SocialScope)

Let me know how this goes. I will try to get some DM codes, but I have been using BBM a lot instead of Twitter DM's recently.

Thanks for the hard work on this.
    Brad.
    07-08-11 11:56 PM
    Lol, go brad!
    I'll try to get some codes tomorrow. I'm specifically gonna try to get groupme if I can - which brings me to my question: Shao, does LIO take the same codes as BerryBuzz? Cuz if it does I can get you some codes i about 5 seconds rather than waiting for popups.
    I like the idea of transparencies too.
    This request is probably more work than I expect you to put in, but could having the popup be interactive be dependent on what kind of popup it is IE, I want my bbm messages to be interactive, but not my bbm group messages (at the moment I use a mix of berrybuzz toasts and LIO to accomplish this).
    07-09-11 02:08 AM
    I am having problems with the BeReader pop-up I don't get any notifications and even when I try to test it I get nothing
    07-09-11 02:29 AM
    This is one impressive application Shao. I had no idea. Love the toast (pop-ups). They are pleasing to look at and have a very issimo-like feel about them. You develop apps the way I love my themes, custom, unique and highly functional.
    wendybeee likes this.
    07-09-11 02:49 AM
    Been a user of leave it on for a long time. It's one of my favorite apps. Love the animations in this build. No issues to report. Keep up the good work Shao.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-09-11 02:56 AM
    Lol... Hey Counselor!

Shao, does LIO take the same codes as BerryBuzz? Cuz if it does I can get you some codes i about 5 seconds rather than waiting for popups.
    I didn't think about this until I read your post. If true, I could've probably easily triggered the alerts like we do for Henrik. It didn't take me long as I quickly set everything up to alert every 10 minutes, but this is a good idea IMO.

This request is probably more work than I expect you to put in, but could having the popup be interactive be dependent on what kind of popup it is IE, I want my bbm messages to be interactive, but not my bbm group messages.
    I'm not sure if you are saying the same as I was, but I also was asking about this earlier in the thread. I wonder if it can be done. Would be nice.

Smooth
    07-09-11 05:04 AM
    In the "Other" section for turning the backlight on, can you add one for email flag reminders, just like the ones you have for task/calendar reminders?

Also, how about increasing the number of apps users can add to NOT allow pop-ups in?

And finally, I have pop-ups for emails to show for 20 secs, backlight for 30 secs.
    I sent 3 emails to myself one right after the other. Backlight turned off at the 50th sec mark just as the 3rd pop-up was displaying. Shouldn't it have stayed on for another 30 secs?

Thanks for your work and a great app!
    07-09-11 11:43 AM
    After UberTwitter became UberSocial, I emailed you (Shao) right away but never got a response. Your app still works good enough so, I wasn't totally disappointed. Glad you're back, because this is one of my favorite apps. I'm currently waiting for my BB 9550 to reboot from deleting v3 so I can install the new beta version. In the meantime, a suggestion I want to throw in the mix is a change to interactive mode. I like hitting the menu button or, since I have a touch screen, being able to press the popup to either see more and/or go into the app (whichever applies). What I don't like is that my typing is interrupted when a popup appears. I'd like to be able to continue typing when the popup appears but still be able to interact with the popup. Is that possible? If this already is the case, forgive me for misunderstanding the various comments from previous posts.

One more question while I (hopefully) have your attention. Will you be making your app available for the Playbook? I'm typing in mine as I speak and, from day one of having it, I was thinking how useful it would be. Thanks and keep up the great work. Salute.
    07-09-11 11:59 AM
    Fyi Backlight is still turning on when locked/standby.

07-09-11 12:43 PM
181 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD