With OS 7 around the corner I thought it would be a good time to start updating all my apps, so I'm starting with Leave It On (Wallpaper Changer is next).

If you aren't already familiar with Leave It On have a quick look here for the description: Leave It On on CrackBerry App Superstore

You do not have to have purchased Leave It On in the past to participate in the beta, it is open to all.

Major changes from v3:
    • Pop-ups can now be set to 3 mode: Interactive, Non-interactive, Interactive on Home Screen. Interactive mode means when a pop-up is displayed the pop-up takes over the input so you can click (or scroll in the case of email and sms previews), clicking it launches the app the pop-up is for. Non-interactive mode the pop-ups will no disrupt anything you are doing, but you cannot click or scroll the pop-up. Interactive on Home Screen, is what it implies, the pop-ups will be interactive on the home screen only and non-interactive in all other apps
    • Complete re-write of core code. Translates to better performance.
    • Workaround for bug in OS 6.0.0.4xx+ that would not display e-mail pop-ups correctly
    • Improved scrolling of preview messages (emails & sms)
    • Updated UI
    • Lots of smaller tweaks/fixed/improvements

What I need from you:
    • Does anything not work as expected?
    • Apps that you would like to see pop-ups added for (see below for how to do this)

How to submit details for pop-ups for new apps:
    • Turn on development mode in Leave It On (this setting is not saved after a battery pull)
    • When you get a notification that Leave It On does not recognize a pop-up will appear with a long number.
    • Reply to this thread with that number along with what application it was, and what in particular triggered it.

For example: UberSocial, 8667076032236828000, triggered by new @ mention.

• Also including the module name of the app would be a bonus (you can find it in applications in the options screen of your device)

Download (OS5+ only):
    http://wap.shao-soft.com/beta/lio.jad

August 3rd - v4.0.32 Getting close to final release
    Added: Blaq, Issimo
    Fix: ScoreMobile not launching
    Other misc fixes

July 29th – v4.0.20
    • Added: BeBuzz (Charging Complete Alert), BeWeather (Weather Advisory Alert), ScoreMobile, EveryHour, LogicMail
    • Fix: "Animation" spelling
    • Fix: UberSocial
    • Fix: Google Talk not showing in app list.

July 23rd – v4.0.15
    • Added support for GroupMe
    • Added support for Google Voice
    • Added support for Facebook 2.0 beta
    • Added 2 addtional "Dont Show When" spots (4 total)
    • Reworked some screen and move options to "Advanced" screen
    • Pressing menu when e-mail popup is displayed shows additional options
    • Added animated icons for GroupMe, Google Voice and updated icon for Twitter (Click get animations to get them)
    • Fix for BeReader popup not showing for some people

July 16th – v4.0.10
    • Improved SMS reply
    • Added menu for emails (press menu button for options
    • Reset trial expiring

July 8th – v4.0.04
    • Fix for illegalarguement exception
    • Fix for color not saving after reboot
    • Rename UberTwtter to UberSocial
    • Added BeReader support

July 6th – v4.0.01
    • Initial Public Beta
    • If you have Leave It On your previous settings/backup will not work. Due to the massive re-writing of the core code you will need to set it up again for v4.

k_dinesh06, cjrg, jcarty and 10 others like this.
    07-06-11 06:27 PM
    Hey Shao! Would you suggest I delete LIO v3 before I download this beta?

Cheers!
    07-06-11 07:46 PM
    Awesome, I can't wait to give it a go... Here goes..
    07-06-11 07:52 PM
    Hey Shao! Would you suggest I delete LIO v3 before I download this beta?

Cheers!

Just do a Shutdown from the menu in LIO, then delete and reboot, then install 4.
    07-06-11 08:01 PM
    Yeah Finally pop ups for emails are working again. So far I have it set for interactive and so far the notifications I've received all are working. Will do more testings with the various options and report back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 10:36 PM
    Shao you are a champion of Canadians and a deity of developers, not to mention an example of excellence. This and .600 for the 9650 makes today quite possibly the bast day ever.
    I'll report back later with any feedback I can think to make.
    rezn likes this.
    07-07-11 12:00 AM
    Alright, so two feature requests - I thought the previous version had these?
    1. Option to not have popups stop when the battery drops below 10%
    2. Option to not have the screen turn on if it's off when a popup arrives (I might just be missing this one).
    Noticed that old restores don't load.
    Also, overall the popups seem much quicker and more responsive.

07-07-11 01:18 AM
    Just e-mailed your support. This was working right up until I registered it. I'm guessing I shouldn't do that (old habit). I'll delete it and reinstall.

It would be nice to have more options for which apps not to use LIO with. I have it stopped for the phone and GPS but would also like it for when I'm playing music. Thanks!
    Last edited by PossumPete; 07-07-11 at 08:47 AM.
    07-07-11 07:05 AM
    Hi Shao,

I liked the new "[Open Beta] Leave It On v4" UI very much.

I have a question, Can you please tell me if i can change the default icons for the SMS and also for my enterprise emails?

Thank you for your services

Regards,
    Dinesh
    07-07-11 08:19 AM
    I notice a bug. Whenever I receive a sms and when I click on the pop up to open the message, it does open correctly in the message app but it also launches LIO app in the background. So each time after I read a text message I find myself in LIO app and have to close it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-07-11 08:26 AM
    This is yet another nicely designed app from an excellent developer!
    07-07-11 08:49 AM
    When I try to do a "Backup to SDCard" -> "Save settings to SDCard?" -> "Yes"... I get the following message... "Error saving to SDCard".
    07-07-11 09:28 AM
    I can't get LIO to work After downloading, I get a popup saying LIO is requesting changes to its application control permissions, as is customary with every download. After clicking OK and saving the suggested settings, I get an uncaught exception error saying java.lang./IllegalArgumentException. When I try to log into the app again, the only permissions requested are Interactions Deny and Security Timer Reset Deny. I can't change either one of those settings. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

07-07-11 01:05 PM
    I have Pop-Text color set to Gold (default is White). After every device reset it goes back to White. All other settings seem to be holding.
    07-07-11 01:32 PM
    I am now also having this issue.

I can't get LIO to work After downloading, I get a popup saying LIO is requesting changes to its application control permissions, as is customary with every download. After clicking OK and saving the suggested settings, I get an uncaught exception error saying java.lang./IllegalArgumentException. When I try to log into the app again, the only permissions requested are Interactions Deny and Security Timer Reset Deny. I can't change either one of those settings. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

07-07-11 02:09 PM
    I have Pop-Text color set to Gold (default is White). After every device reset it goes back to White. All other settings seem to be holding.
    Doesn't even need a device reset.

You can perform this magic trick without rebooting:

Open LIO with the Pop-Text set to a color, choose ShutDown Leave It On from the BB menu, go back into LIO and *abracadabra* your text is back to White!

We love you, Shao ... glad to see you're still working on this. Together, we'll make it great!

07-07-11 02:29 PM
    Hey shao gr8 update, but if you could add berryreader to the list of pop-ups, I tried to get the number which shows but the font is to big that I can't get the whole thing I tried changing the font size but everything stayed the same here is a screenshot on how it looks.

Last edited by abudi4; 07-07-11 at 03:01 PM.
    07-07-11 02:58 PM
    Doesn't even need a device reset.

You can perform this magic trick without rebooting:

Open LIO with the Pop-Text set to a color, choose ShutDown Leave It On from the BB menu, go back into LIO and *abracadabra* your text is back to White!

We love you, Shao ... glad to see you're still working on this. Together, we'll make it great!

No, you are misunderstanding my issue....

When I do a phone reset... nothing to do with LIO the text has gone to white after phone has booted back up. So then I need to go into LIO and set it back to Gold. This is a nuisance to have to reset every time... this does not happen in the current official released version.
    07-07-11 03:20 PM
    New BBM Icon looks great
    Worthless post, I know, but I just had to throw that out there.
    07-07-11 03:33 PM
    First off thanks to everyone whos tested thus far!

Shao you are a champion of Canadians and a deity of developers, not to mention an example of excellence.
    Lol. I dont even know what to say to that, but thanks!

Alright, so two feature requests - I thought the previous version had these?
    1. Option to not have popups stop when the battery drops below 10%
    2. Option to not have the screen turn on if it's off when a popup arrives (I might just be missing this one).
    1. I'll add that
    2. It's the option "only if backlight on"

I notice a bug. Whenever I receive a sms and when I click on the pop up to open the message, it does open correctly in the message app but it also launches LIO app in the background. So each time after I read a text message I find myself in LIO app and have to close it.
    Will have a fix for that next build.

I'll check into that, thanks.

Hey shao gr8 update, but if you could add berryreader to the list of pop-ups, I tried to get the number which shows but the font is to big that I can't get the whole thing I tried changing the font size but everything stayed the same here is a screenshot on how it looks.
    Those numbers are enough to make it work, thank you.

For those of you getting the uncaught exception error, if you dont mind sending me your event log (ALT+LGLG on your homescreen) then click the menu button and select copy days contents. Then paste that into an email to me at support -at- shao-soft.com
    07-07-11 05:10 PM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    i've got an almost similar issue. each time i receive an sms, i click on the pop up, the messages app will open together with the text messages app. Is there a way to prevent the messages app from opening too? I like to keep them separated.

Other than that, great app. Thanks!
    07-07-11 08:29 PM
    Wow! I have not been in the forums for quite a while, just returned today for the .600 os upgrade, and saw this. I had to jump all over it! I just downloaded it, and looking to beat it up a bit. Thanks for thinking of my future purchase of an os7 9900.

I asked about this in the previous versions, but could you add checkbox options for the notifying apps to have LIO turn on the backlight independent of the popup? For the most part I like easy access to the notifying app with LIO, but some apps I dont care to access exactly at that moment, and don't really need the popup. Sort of like a micro-management of the interactive/non-interactive function for each app.

The only problem I am having is that I don't seem to get a pop-up for the latest SocialScope v9.6.20. Don't know if it is something I am doing wrong yet though. I am still setting up my device after the os upgrade. Will report back later.

Updates are always welcome. Thanks.

EDIT: It appears that a back up was successfully able to be made with a new name LIO4. Shane was correct that it does not recognize the old original one. Can this version draw from the downloaded icons from the previous version, or can I rename the file LIO4, or do I have to redownload all of my icons again from your site?

Oh, sorry one more thing. The Ubersocial pop up still states UberTwitter. Also Although a UT popup appears it does not seem to open the app for me. It also pops up when the app is open and it refreshes even though I have LIO set to NOT show in notifying app.

Brad
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 07-07-11 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Added question.
    07-07-11 08:58 PM
    Some things I wish were in LIO 3 were more "disable pop up in selected apps" options. Atleast 10 would suit everyones needs. Also, maybe the option to make the pop ups more tansparent and smaller In size? Like BeBuzz. If this had options for led noficiations too then I'd install this over BeBuzz anyday! More to come soon .

Lyls likes this.
    07-07-11 08:58 PM
    Downloaded and set up. I'm ready to begin beta testing.

07-07-11 09:27 PM
    Also, support for LiveProfile would be great! It is a very good cross platform messaging app ans has lots of users world wide!
    07-07-11 10:42 PM
181 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD