Auto preview is done in next build. Also emails can be marked read/deleted in next build.
    Just keeps getting better and better and...
    05-19-10 12:03 PM
    I think the new version might be giving me a lot of hourglass trouble. Not 100% sure that it's this app though.
    05-19-10 12:24 PM
    Aww.... I just bought 2 a couple days ago. Will I get a free upgrade?
    05-19-10 12:34 PM
    I don't know if you have considered making it a separate app and leaving Leave It On to control de backlight and another one for the previews...
    Thanks.

Well had I known pop-ups would have gone this far a few months ago I would have made it a separate application But now its too late so it will just be 2 apps in 1.
    05-19-10 01:01 PM
    Aww.... I just bought 2 a couple days ago. Will I get a free upgrade?
    Yes it will.
    05-19-10 01:24 PM
    Awesome upgrade - loving the Backup/Restore settings from SDCard, new GUI, and preview of messages. Everything seems to be working as according. Getting better and better.
    05-19-10 01:52 PM
    It's hard to believe that I bought this app months ago when I was just looking for a BBLight replacement to work with 5.0. This app has gone above and beyond and like one poster said, it just keeps getting better! Thanks.
    05-19-10 02:15 PM
    First time trying this app and its great

Can u add an option to turn on/off all settings for Turn BackLight On?

Also for Auto Leave On setting, 'Never' on "Leave on for" keeps backlight on forever or never leave it on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 03:32 PM
    I initially ignored this app 'cause I never really needed a backlight controller, but the previews available in this beta made it impossible to miss. Testing it out right now and loving it, especially the spinning icons on some previews like new BBM messages. Can't really think what you can add to make it better. Keep it up.

05-19-10 03:48 PM
    I did notice that when the message popup comes up for one message, and multiple messages come in at the same time. If the user clicks on the BB button for the preview they will see the header for the 1st message that arrived, but will be reading the preview of the last message that arrived. It is funky, but a bug obviously within the app. I do not think that it can handle the incoming of multiple message simultaneously.
    05-19-10 03:53 PM
    When I get a new SMS, I hit the BB button to get a preview. The popup stays until I hit escape or something. Is this how you meant for it to work or is the popup supposed to go away after whatever time you set it to? (I have mine set to 20 secs)
    05-19-10 04:33 PM
    I passed over this app when I first read about it, but I really like the pop up notifications. Reminds me of my friends droid

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-19-10 05:14 PM
    I've always wanted an app like this. Quality app!

One thing, not sure if its just me, but like I found the whole app (in terms of language) a bit daunting/lacking description. Possibly an inclusion of like a help section or more description of each tool could be helpful? Just ends up making our (being the user) easy in the long run and let's us enjoy the app thoroughly.

Edit; also - I've found that I can't preview WLM messages. Just opens them. Am I being a ****** and have I not set it correctly or is this a bug? Everything else previews that I know of. Like even on the try it bit it loads WLM and not preview.

Last edited by mr.greeny; 05-19-10 at 05:45 PM.
    05-19-10 05:42 PM
    Hey Shao, can you make it so BBM groups won't popup if you're in BBM? (or at least an option to make it that way )
    05-19-10 06:13 PM
    I love this app. I purchased berry popup because it had the preview built in. I am regretting it now because this one was so much sleeker and doesn't block out the whole screen! I would second the request that one could preview bbm messages. This app takes the best parts of other preview apps and fits them into a less obtrusive format!

One request, could you possibly add a setting that removes all animations and condenses Notifications to one line at the top or bottom. Then if you want, you can preview. I want something that gives me notification without interupting what I'm working on.

Other than that request, I love this version way more than the other app I bought a few days ago. Keep up the great work!

05-19-10 09:09 PM
    Can u add an option to turn on/off all settings for Turn BackLight On?

Also for Auto Leave On setting, 'Never' on "Leave on for" keeps backlight on forever or never leave it on?
    Ill see about adding an option for that.

Yes Never means never turn off in that case.

I initially ignored this app 'cause I never really needed a backlight controller, but the previews available in this beta made it impossible to miss. Testing it out right now and loving it, especially the spinning icons on some previews like new BBM messages. Can't really think what you can add to make it better. Keep it up.
    Thank you.

I did notice that when the message popup comes up for one message, and multiple messages come in at the same time. If the user clicks on the BB button for the preview they will see the header for the 1st message that arrived, but will be reading the preview of the last message that arrived. It is funky, but a bug obviously within the app. I do not think that it can handle the incoming of multiple message simultaneously.
    Thanks, Ill look into it, it should be displaying the newest message only.

When I get a new SMS, I hit the BB button to get a preview. The popup stays until I hit escape or something. Is this how you meant for it to work or is the popup supposed to go away after whatever time you set it to? (I have mine set to 20 secs)

Yes, I figured people wouldnt want the pop-up disappearing while they are reading it. The auto Preview (next build) option will auto dismiss it after the time is up.

I passed over this app when I first read about it, but I really like the pop up notifications. Reminds me of my friends droid

Thank you.

One thing, not sure if its just me, but like I found the whole app (in terms of language) a bit daunting/lacking description. Possibly an inclusion of like a help section or more description of each tool could be helpful? Just ends up making our (being the user) easy in the long run and let's us enjoy the app thoroughly.

Edit; also - I've found that I can't preview WLM messages. Just opens them. Am I being a ****** and have I not set it correctly or is this a bug? Everything else previews that I know of. Like even on the try it bit it loads WLM and not preview.
    If you scroll to the bottom of the first screen there is a help option.

The previews only work for e-mail and sms.

Hey Shao, can you make it so BBM groups won't popup if you're in BBM? (or at least an option to make it that way )
    K I'll add that next build.
    05-19-10 09:10 PM
    First post updated with new build.
    05-19-10 09:43 PM
    I would second the request that one could preview bbm messages.

One request, could you possibly add a setting that removes all animations and condenses Notifications to one line at the top or bottom. Then if you want, you can preview. I want something that gives me notification without interupting what I'm working on.
    e-mail and SMS are the only thing that RIM allows access to for the message, so BBM and everything else I can't do. I would love to add them, just not possible.

Im not quite sure what you mean. Could you explain a little more?
    05-19-10 09:50 PM
    i'd get this not for the original leave it on feature, but for the popup thing! awesome work man!
    05-19-10 09:52 PM
    I am a BB user that likes to put my phone into Standby when not using it. I love the fact that the pop-up will show even when the phone is in Standby, but don't like how it does not go back into Standby unless I do it manually. The problem with this is the situation when the BB is in my pocket and I am busy doing something else, and can't check the pop-up message. I am now vulnerable to an errant set of keystrokes that may perform an action that I am unaware of. Hope this makes sense.

I guess what I am asking, is if there is a way to have it revert back to Standby mode when the backlight times out with a pop-up shown? Thanks.
    05-19-10 10:08 PM
    I thought of 1 more question. Is the GMail pop-up for the Gmail mobile app, or the Gmail Plug-in?
    05-19-10 10:27 PM
    I noticed on mine, when i get a sms or msm, it double posts. also, it lets you know when you get a message no matter what you are doing, that is awesome.
    05-19-10 10:33 PM
    Hey Shao!!!

Love this new build with the BBM Groups option...

Maybe adding an option to select wich email accounts?? I'm registered in a lot of forums and I recieve a lot of messages in that account but I would definetly loved to receive that popup in my personal email account...

I don't know if that is too difficult or the APIs will allow it...

thanks for this awesome app!!!
    05-19-10 10:48 PM
    Could it be possible to add contact pictures in the pop up? An option to add or not?
    05-19-10 10:57 PM
    The delete/mark read option is sweet!
    I have buzzme tho, and the LED keeps blinking if I del/mark read. I tried setting resetLED to a conv key, but that didn't clear it either
    Berrybuzz people having this too?

05-20-10 12:34 AM
658 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD