Hi,

UK based, current using a HTC Touch HD on T-Mobile. Annual contract due for renewal in December, I'm somewhat new to the concept of BlackBerries.

I know I feel like a change (probably a middle-aged thing) and fancy a BlackBerry. Looked at the Bold, but my Vodafone dongle salesperson advised I should wait and pointed me here for latest info, so I've been lurking for a couple of weeks.

Now, feel I could embrace an Onyx when released, but experience shows I tend to buy additional apps. Particular needs are:

Good calendar with daily week and monthly views, contacts, tasks
    Email (capable of viewing HTML and attachments)
    Weather and Travel plugins
    Good Internet Browser
    RSS Aggregator
    Music Player (ideally capable of playing Ogg Vorbis and Flac files)

With this in mind would any Darkfruit Gurus share their experiences/views/recommendations on software produced and, in particular, stuff issued by Pocketmedialive in its EMobile range as I like what I've seen in some screenshots.

I'd also be interested in knowing what people think about separate apps vs consolidated product like Emobile Today Professional.

Over to you, and thanks in advance.
    08-16-09 06:58 AM
    Hello Martinjay and welcome to CB

I can suggest a few apps...

Weather and Travel plugins: WeatherEye & WorldMate Live

Good Internet Browser: Bolt (available in beta now) and Skyfire (available in closed Alpha testing)

RSS Aggregator: Viigo (hands down the best rss app there is)
    08-16-09 08:13 AM
    Hi Hamood,

Many thanks for the welcome and the suggestions. I'll certainly give them a look.
    08-16-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD