During a call, I get sms messages alright but emails and facebook notifications come in right wen i end the call. Also I can 't send mms messages while in a call, i have to hang up first.

I want to be able to send and recieve all messages and notifications during a call . Help pleaseeeee!!
    07-24-08 07:28 PM
    you can't use data while on the phone. that is why you get your emails and notifications after the call is completed.
    07-24-08 08:03 PM
    I used to be able to receive txt msgs emails, and facebook notifications during a call but now its only txt msgs that i get during a call. but thanks tho
    07-24-08 09:41 PM
    ^ I've never heard of that. Yeah we know you can get texts while you are on a call but data doesn't come through. Unless you had facebook text alerts turned on I don't know how you would get data while on a voice call.
    07-24-08 11:38 PM
    I don't know if this works for Facebook (I don't use it), but to get notifications of e-mail while you're on a call, do this:

Go to Profiles - Scroll down to and select "Advanced" - Highlight the profile to make changes to, Menu key, select Edit. Now highlight the e-mail address you wish to receive notifications for and press enter. Scroll all the way to the last option "Notify me during calls" and change that to "Yes". Repeat for all other e-mail addresses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CrisG; 07-25-08 at 03:57 AM.
    07-25-08 03:45 AM
    Yeah that doesn't work. You're right theprep. Although SMS texts are considered data, they are the only messages that will come through while on a call.

07-25-08 06:21 AM
    I don't know if this works for Facebook (I don't use it), but to get notifications of e-mail while you're on a call, do this:

Go to Profiles - Scroll down to and select "Advanced" - Highlight the profile to make changes to, Menu key, select Edit. Now highlight the e-mail address you wish to receive notifications for and press enter. Scroll all the way to the last option "Notify me during calls" and change that to "Yes". Repeat for all other e-mail addresses.

You only get that option for sms. Well at least on mine - I have the 8330 from vzw.
    07-25-08 08:06 AM
    I should have mentioned that it only works for me on my 8320 when I'm using UMA. It does not work when I'm using T-Mobile's network. I can't view the OP's profile to see what carrier he/she has, but since they mentioned it worked before, I wanted to let them know what steps worked for me to enable it.

07-25-08 08:35 AM
    For emails and MMS you have to have full signal without a call...sms only requires some of the signal strength which is why u can receive and send them...it can be abnoxious but it never caused me too much of a headache...
    07-25-08 08:55 AM
    Ok how abt mms messages? I can't send em during a call, I have to hang up n send it. Is that normal too?

07-25-08 08:57 AM
    ^ mms are data messages as well. On a regular cell phone you can't send/recieve video/pix messages while on a call - same concept w the berry. I'm not familiar with uma so I can't comment on that.
    07-25-08 09:33 AM
    But I was able to do that before! Thanks tho

07-25-08 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD