Hello everybody, m a new owner of blackberry bold 9000. i saw a one touch flashlight (uses camera light) on blackberry app world n it's on sale for $2.99. sounds temptin b/c it would help me see at night, especially when im gettin off work late. you guys think it's worth it or does da bold 9000 already has sumin? pls help. thanx in advance.
    05-11-10 05:17 AM
    You can pay $3 bucks for an app and then take 5 seconds finding and loading the app
    OR
    You can set your video options to always have the camera light on and spend the same 5 seconds turning your camera on and switch it to video mode.

Seems like a waste of money and it probably won't save you time either.
    I've got an 8330 and I just use my video light instead of wasting device memory and money on a useless app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 08:48 AM
    Buy QuickLaunch. It does a ton of other things and has the flashlight option built in.
    05-11-10 09:18 AM
    The picture on my desktop/screen has a white background. All I have to do is hit one button (any button) and my home screen is bright enough to be used as a light!

Might not be as bright as the actual picture flash, but works good enough for me!

Jay
    05-11-10 10:51 AM
    Or you can download the free flishlight app from appworld that works great.
    05-11-10 02:02 PM
    Firstly the led isn't actually that bright. Your range is very limitted. further, if you turn your video on from your native BB program, you can turn the LED on (continuously). This is free.

05-11-10 02:26 PM
    You can pay $3 bucks for an app and then take 5 seconds finding and loading the app
    OR
    You can set your video options to always have the camera light on and spend the same 5 seconds turning your camera on and switch it to video mode.

Seems like a waste of money and it probably won't save you time either.
    I've got an 8330 and I just use my video light instead of wasting device memory and money on a useless app.

i have BB bold 9000. i've looked in the video option however there wuz not an area to set the camera light on.
    05-11-10 02:39 PM
    Buy QuickLaunch. It does a ton of other things and has the flashlight option built in.
    buy quicklaunch? isn't that more money and more apps dat would take more space on da phone?
    05-11-10 02:41 PM
    Or you can download the free flishlight app from appworld that works great.

Drew: n wat app is dat? can u pls direct me?
    05-11-10 02:42 PM
    When you are in the video program, press the space bar to turn the light on. Its that easy. Don't click the camera. Camera =/= video.

05-11-10 07:09 PM
    On keyboard models it's that easy, on the Storm it's not that easy unless you have a camera light toggle.

But the light will turn off fairly quickly unless you keep making input.

FlashOn is free and you'll have a hard time finding anything better about "One Touch Flashlight" except that it changes the default light setting for you -- but then it leaves it on. This one doesn't and usually costs about the same as OTF.
    LSphone: thanx 4 da 411 it helps! however it's a bit to late. i got da one touch flashlight. juss a few days ago b4 u posted dis thread.
    05-14-10 05:47 AM
    buy quicklaunch? isn't that more money and more apps dat would take more space on da phone?
    It doesn't take that much space... and it is really a great app!!!
    05-14-10 10:56 AM
    It doesn't take that much space... and it is really a great app!!!

i'll look into it, thanx
    05-15-10 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD