I have a Blackberry Tour on Sprint. I updated my Facebook ap to 1.8 and stopped getting FB notifications all together. I tried deleting and re-installing, resending the service books, etc., nothing worked.

What I DID notice was that I was getting notifications on my iTouch, which I also upgraded, which made it all the more frustrating. Just now, I logged OUT of the iTouch FB, and the notifications started again. Apparently, the new "push" technology that is part of the 1.8 version of FB pushed your messages to the first available device. Once the notification is received by a device (any device), it stops. Personally, I liked it when the notification went to both my iTouch and my phone. I didn't care if it was duplicated.

I've left the iTouch logged off for about 20 minutes and now I'm getting "wall" notifications on my phone again. Personally, it still sucks. But as long as I'm logged out of the iTouch, my BB is working again.

You still suck for making that change, Blackberry. I'm really considering a jump to the iPhone. BIG TIME.
    08-27-10 03:43 PM
    Isn't the Facebook app made by Facebook? Yet you're blaming RIM...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 04:57 PM
    Isn't the Facebook app made by Facebook? Yet you're blaming RIM...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nope. Made by RIM.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-27-10 07:30 PM
    I was happy but disappointed to see this post! For the life of me I couldn't find the solution to this! My personal phone is a tour with sprint but I have a Iphone for work as well. I always noticed that Iphone got the notification usually before my BB did sure enough when I logged out of FB on my Iphone they started back up. UGGH! This bothers me because I do not want to carry both phone with me all the time. Come on RIM pick up the pace!!
    08-28-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD