About a month ago I upgraded my AT&T data plan to one that supported Enterprise as I had just set up a hosted exchange server and email.

Around that time, and I can't be really specific, my Bank of America mobile banking app stopped working. It gets to the splash screen and then a message pops up that says "We're sorry, but mobile services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." and there are two buttons "Retry" and "Exit".

All my other apps work just fine. I've spoken to B of A, AT&T, and my Exchange Hosting service. I have unloaded and reloaded the app several times, done a battery pull, done a sim card pull, had AT&T reload the service books - all to no avail. The best suggestion I'm left with from AT&T is to do a full reset on the phone. I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it.

Anybody got any suggestions??
    04-11-12 04:28 PM
    I too use BofA Mobile banking but unlike you, I have no problems with it. that said,
    one thought is that you could do a kind of sideload/download, so to speak...ok more of a download. Search for their sight on your browser at: https://www.bankofamerica.com/).

Once you download it, and you are in the mobile banking page. Next...click on your BB button (menu button with dots on it) and one of the options is "add to home screen". Click on that option and you will be able to go to their site from there.

You may have to adjust the size of the fonts but it should work just like being on a PC. I actually did it that way on my old 9800 prior to their mobil app coming out. Give it a try--can't hurt anything. Just a thought and good luck.
    PS: there may be an sideload app available from that site as well.
    04-11-12 05:29 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's actually a good workaround. I just needed to go through the usual security questions and "remember this device" and I'm in to the mobile formatted website.

I'm ditching the app in favor of this approach.

04-12-12 01:39 PM
    You are welcome! I've used this work-around for several apps that aren't on App World yet. Some work better than others so it's hit and miss. I actually got better results from USA Today using this approach rather than there app. Good luck and thanks for the "thanks"!
    04-12-12 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD