I downloaded the new version of On Demand, which is now called Pocket Express. I hate it! There are advertisements and it runs slower on my Pearl than On Demand did. Handmark removed the old version from their website.

Does anyone still have the old version, On Demand on their phone? If so, could you please send me the files to install it?

Thanks.
    07-28-08 10:45 AM
    Pocket Express has a subscription service that is free of ads. I use it. I've used it for a long time. I'm not familiar with On Demand.
    07-28-08 11:18 AM
    Let me clarify.

On Demand was a customized version of Pocket Express that came with BlackBerries. I am using Sprint. The version of On Demand that came with my phone was 1.0.x, where x was some other number.

On Demand prompted me to upgrade to Pocket Express version 4. I now wish I hadn't. Pocket Express 4 is slower than On Demand and also has banner ads, which from what I have read, are not removed when you pay for the subscription service. I am not interested in paying anything.

I am simply asking if any users still have On Demand installed on their Berries, to send me the progam files that Desktop Manager backs up when you sync your Berry.

Thanks
    07-28-08 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD