Yeah, anyone using Omifocus and their Bold?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 05:22 PM
    Yes, it works great. I love the new location feature to separate your tasks. To bad my company decided that the iPhone was an "high-maintenance" device. At least I will be credited for my Blackberry Bold purchase.

Have you used Omnifocus on the iPhone yourself, does it crash often even the latest update?
    09-06-08 05:48 PM
    How does it work?
    09-06-08 05:58 PM
    The iPhone sucks. I'm not jealous.
    09-06-08 06:06 PM
    How does it work?
    OmniFocus is a full featured GTD application, with mobile and desktop platforms. A new addition introduced on the iPhone was "location-aware" feature utilizing the GPS. Which means everytime I open the app at my office, it will only show tasks that are needed to be done while I am in the office. If I am at home, it will only shows that I need to complete at home.

Even though I no longer use the iPhone, Omnifocus is always running on my laptop. Only if the desktop version had a "Wifi Connection Aware" feature.
    09-06-08 06:35 PM
    iphone is not secured as the blackberry. hackers constantly hack into iphone with ease.
    09-06-08 06:38 PM
    The iPhone sucks. I'm not jealous.
    Lol. I love the hate.
    09-06-08 06:41 PM
    Suck is such a strong term. I will not say the Jesus phone sucks; however, I will say it is not my cup of green tea.
    Last edited by Crackberrykills; 09-06-08 at 06:52 PM.
    09-06-08 06:44 PM
    Suck is such a strong term. I will not say the Jesus phone sucks; however, I will say it is not my cup of green tea.
    Exactly. The phone is not bad, it does not suck and it is not perfect. It is just not for everyone.
    09-06-08 07:23 PM
    I hear that...Just not for me...Love my Berry
    09-06-08 07:34 PM
    Love my Berry
    I loved mine too.
    09-06-08 08:21 PM
    iphone is not secured as the blackberry. hackers constantly hack into iphone with ease.
    Exactly. I went from iphone to blackberry because of that reason, I even used to hack it while I was eating breakfast , now I love my 8310 more than any other phone out there well maybe not [BB Bold]
    09-07-08 02:03 AM
    missing the whole point of this topic.....is there Omnifocus for Blackberry? I went to the website and couldn't find it.

Also do you have any screen shots? Thanks
    09-23-08 07:00 AM
    No but I am looking for omnifocus BB users (there is one above in this thread) to find out how they are getting on with the Mac aplication and their BB
    10-21-08 04:56 PM
    Don't know what it is but I aint jealous
    10-21-08 05:08 PM
    Im not jealous. I personally had my share of touch screen phones. TBH the iphone is not my thing. i have my ipod for music. and my BBB can do more than what the iphone can. the only real thing the iphone has going for it (imo) is its web browser. The only phone i would replace my BB with is the sony xperia x1.... maybe since its gona be hard to get that one for cheap :P
    10-21-08 10:30 PM
    Im not jealous. I personally had my share of touch screen phones. TBH the iphone is not my thing. i have my ipod for music. and my BBB can do more than what the iphone can. the only real thing the iphone has going for it (imo) is its web browser. The only phone i would replace my BB with is the sony xperia x1.... maybe since its gona be hard to get that one for cheap :P

This is NOT an iPhone vs. BB thread......re-read the title if you are unsure about that

Who has the OmniFocus on their BB? I was looking through the GTD forums and they said they do not make OmniFocus for BB.
    10-22-08 03:20 PM
    For those that used to have an iphone and went back to the bb, how is the browser experience different? I currently have an 8830 but I'm tired of the mini-browser or the mini-version of the websites when I access them. I've always liked my bb's (all 4) but now that I've experienced the full fledged iphone browser, I can't get any less. How's it compared on the Bold?
    10-22-08 03:27 PM
    This is NOT an iPhone vs. BB thread......re-read the title if you are unsure about that

Who has the OmniFocus on their BB? I was looking through the GTD forums and they said they do not make OmniFocus for BB.
    Its OK I am paying attention (heck I started the thread)

Its not made for BB

But there are ways of syncing it to a BB...

Anyone here syncing their BB to their Mac's running Omnifocus?

Or making use of it in some way - with their BB?

(OK, if you post below about iPhone you hereby agree that you a) cant read b) are a moron)
    11-25-08 09:31 AM
    Similar...would like to know
    11-25-08 10:36 AM
    If you are still trying to find a way to sync your OmniFocus to your BB. The means may be described in the OmniFocus documentation:

Synchronizing with iCal

An excellent way to liberate your data from OmniFocus and communicate with lots of other applications and
    devices is to synchronize with iCal. Once your data is in iCal, you can share it in the iCalendar format
    understood by scads of calendar and to-do applications.

To synchronize OmniFocus with iCal:

Choose OmniFocus ▸ Preferences, then click the Sync icon.
    Select the Unsynchronized group in the Calendar list; all of the contexts you're not synchronizing
    appear in the Contexts list.

Drag context names into the calendar name you'd like to synchronize them with. For instance, if you
    drag your "errands" context to your "Home" calendar, any actions assigned to your errands context will
    get corresponding to-do items in your Home calendar in iCal.

From the File menu choose Synchronize with iCal. For each context that you dragged into a
    calendar, its actions are synchronized to iCal.

Whenever you like, choose Synchronize with iCal to bring iCal and OmniFocus back in sync. New
    OmniFocus actions in synchronized contexts are copied to the associated calendars in iCal. New iCal
    to-dos in synchronized calendars are copied to the OmniFocus inbox. Changes to actions on either
    side are applied to the corresponding items on the other side.

Once the information is in iCal you can use PocketMac to sync with your BB. The whole process can be scripted using OSX Automator or Quicksilver.

I haven't tried it yet, but each step is a proven application and the automation should be simple.
    12-14-08 02:38 AM
    Are you referring to jailbreaking? If so, that something the user chooses to do. It's like upgrading to an unreleased OS.

Yes, the app is pretty sick. Although I didn't try it, I almost hit the buy app button, but I got my Bold and realized I was satisfied.
    12-14-08 02:47 AM
    I also am interested in getting Omnifocus on the BB. I have a Pearl (not bold) but am addicted to having Omni on my Mac, and also want what iPhone people have - the same task lists on their mobile devices!
    How get this moving?
    Jen
    07-10-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD