Get it via OTA

From their blog:

Today, Yelp released the second member of our mobile app family: the oft-asked about Blackberry Yelp app is here and ready for downloading! Want it? Just visit yelp.com from your BlackBerry and you'll see a link to get the app at the top of the page.

The Blackberry Yelp app uses location-aware technology to determine your current location and then lets you search for nearby businesses, read reviews and access a moveable Bing map that enables you to easily zoom in/out on a location and redefine your search based on that geographic area. And yes, the Blackberry Yelp app works in the US, Canada, UK and Ireland or in other words, everywhere Yelp is available!

Last edited by KINetics; 08-21-09 at 04:47 PM.
    08-21-09 04:34 PM
    Is anyone else getting a out of memory error when installing this app on their Tour?
    08-21-09 04:44 PM
    nice! i use Where, which has the yelp link in it
    08-21-09 04:48 PM
    Here are a few screen shots from my Tour.

Interesting how they use Bing as their map provider rather than Google Maps like they have on their computer based website.

A few things I've noticed:

1) The font is way too big and cannot be scaled down via a setting.

2) The map does not integrate with Google Maps for BB. Poynt can do this, why can't Yelp? Thus you have to copy/paste the address manually into Google Maps to get dynamic directions to the place you searched for.

08-21-09 04:54 PM
    just downloaded it, i'm ecstatic!!!
    08-21-09 11:59 PM
    Bringing this back from the dead....
    But I wish I can log onto my account for my "Try To" bookmarks etc etc.
    12-03-09 02:44 AM
    I've been using this app for a couple of weeks now and love it. Very very handy even if you already have google maps, poynt, where, urbanspoon, etc.
    01-25-10 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD