09-04-14 10:26 AM
351 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Please i am facing the same problem. I am in ghana, i don't use a blackberry serice but i was told whatsapp can work without the blackberry service. I tried the above steps but i still get the error "connection not writeable" message.
    10-14-11 01:15 PM
    On a BlackBerry, is WhatsApp supposed to start automatically when the BlackBerry is booted up? It doesn't on mine. I have to launch WhatsApp manually.

I'm using a BlackBerry Bold 9650 with OS 5.0.0.1006 if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by Analog Rocker; 10-23-11 at 09:38 PM.
    10-23-11 09:30 PM
    I am trying to delete people from my list but not getting the option to. Already deleted them from my address book but can't delete them from Whatsapp and I'd like to. They are added only by their email in whatsapp and their entire entry is deleted from address book

thanks for any help
    10-24-11 01:55 AM
    On a BlackBerry, is WhatsApp supposed to start automatically when the BlackBerry is booted up? It doesn't on mine. I have to launch WhatsApp manually.

I'm using a BlackBerry Bold 9650 with OS 5.0.0.1006 if that makes any difference.
    On mine (Bold 9700 OS 6) Whatsapp doesn't show up in the application switcher after reboot. But nonetheless the blackberry push system "awakes" Whatsapp once a new message is sent to me.

Did you try booting up your device, not manually launching Whatsapp and asking a friend to send you a Whatsapp message?
    10-24-11 04:31 AM
    On mine (Bold 9700 OS 6) Whatsapp doesn't show up in the application switcher after reboot. But nonetheless the blackberry push system "awakes" Whatsapp once a new message is sent to me.

Did you try booting up your device, not manually launching Whatsapp and asking a friend to send you a Whatsapp message?
    Yes, you're right! I didn't realize it would still receive messages if it wasn't running in the application switcher. I had a friend message me and I received the message.
    10-25-11 10:13 AM
    I've having problem. Everytime when i restart my blackbery 9780 (take out the battery and put back in) my whatsapp history will be gone. Anyidea how do i display my blackberry chat history ?

I tried reformating my memory card in the phone. But everytime the phone reboot, the history will disappear.

my current settings

Save Media on: Media Card
    Message History: Media Card
    10-31-11 06:04 AM
    I've having problem. Everytime when i restart my blackbery 9780 (take out the battery and put back in) my whatsapp history will be gone. Anyidea how do i display my blackberry chat history ?

I tried reformating my memory card in the phone. But everytime the phone reboot, the history will disappear.

my current settings

Save Media on: Media Card
    Message History: Media Card
    I'm not sure if this will help, but try deleting the Whatsapp database file on your memory card: Media Card > databases > Whatsapp, and delete "messageStore.db"

Do a battery pull, and then hopefully it will fix your problem.
    11-01-11 08:50 AM
    Is it likely to be possible for the option to compose a new Whatsapp message to appear when I click "Compose" after highlighting today's date in the messages view? At the moment I have to use the BlackBerry menu key and select "Compose WhatsApp" instead. I'd prefer to press the trackpad button and be able to do it from "Compose" but WhatsApp isn't listed there, even under Instant Message. I'm using a 9900.
    11-04-11 01:41 PM
    Somehow I have problems emailing the chat history, I'm not sure if it's because it's too big. When I click that, whatsapp will freeze for a long time and finally shut down due to some error that it's not responding and I'm unable to retrieve my history. However, I navigated around the folders and think the history is stored in messageStore.db (about 3mb). The problem is that I can't seem to find a way to view the file. Can someone help?
    11-09-11 12:33 AM
    Hello,

I'm new here and I have a problem with my whatsapp messenger. I needed to reinstall the application but when I start it now it stays stuck at the initialising screen where it keeps 'registrating'. After a while I get the message I have too many registration errors (registratiefouten in Dutch) and I need to reinstall or restart the application. When I do so I keep getting the same problem over and over again. Nothing seems to work

I hope someone can help me with a solution for this problem. I have a BB Storm 9520 with OS v 5.0.0.1077

Thanks,

Jeroen
    11-09-11 02:02 PM
    I download it and its greattt
    11-09-11 03:13 PM
    Hey i just figured it out... First of all go to your Whatsapp Settings and turn the chat history off.... After that you have to go to your Media Card and then to ->databases ->Whatsapp and then there should be a file called: "messageStore.db-journal" and if yes delete it... then go to the settings and turn chat history back on media card ... this solved it for me
    I have been trying to get an answer to this for ages and whatsapp support/twitter doesn't seem to get back to users anymore. This worked like a charm and my chat's are saving again! Thanks.
    11-10-11 12:12 PM
    So I'm having kind of an annoying Whatsapp problem on my BB Curve 9300 running OS6 and the latest Whatsapp software. I have my camera pictures saved to my media card, but I can't access them to send in Whatsapp.

When I'm in the app, I can take a picture and send it fine, or even send previous pictures I've taken in Whatsapp. But there's no folder that shows up for camera pictures on my media card when I click send in the app itself.

What I'm having to do is exit, go to my media folder, find the pictures and then go send -> Whatsapp contact which is annoying because I have to exit the app to do it.
    11-30-11 11:28 AM
    whatsapp is poorely developed for blackberry. it has a lot of bugs especially on 7.0. i wrote some email, they have no clue what was i talking about. even screenshots didn't help.
    useless!!!
    12-15-11 03:47 PM
    just lost my Message History on my 9900 too.
    Message History is set to save on the Device Memory (8GB)
    Error: net.rim.device.api.io.file.FileIOException:File not found

In the Chats:
    Message History Disabled: no Media Card found.

I understand I can delete my messagestore.db to have the history start saving again.
    But doing so means I will lose my old message history
    Is there anyway to recover without having to delete my old message history?
    12-15-11 09:03 PM
    1000 points to this toughie.

Just put the .504 firmware on my torch 9860.

Before I wiped it whatsapp used to give me the option whether I wanted to automatically save downloaded images. Giving me two buttons next to a downloaded image. View and Save. Now it just shows the view button as it has already saved the image.

It's really annoying as sometimes you just want to see a pic and not have to search for it on your phone to delete it as it's not worth keeping.

I just don't know why the setting is not there anymore??
    Last edited by Tones_82; 12-16-11 at 05:23 AM.
    12-16-11 05:17 AM
    I gave up on whatsapp, it is not developed accordingly with the new software from RIM.
    On my 9900 with .585, i have ghost LED and double notification.
    I wrote emails, no conclusive answers.
    Now i use Touch chat.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-16-11 05:35 AM

In the Chats:

I understand I can delete my messagestore.db to have the history start saving again.
    Yes, I too would like to get back the ability to save future message histories without deleting my old message history.
    12-18-11 12:41 PM

In the Chats:

same here, really odd because I never had that problem befofe, really frustrating.
    12-20-11 10:47 PM
    Why is this app so greedy battery wise? Before I installed it I was at roughly 3% an hour. Since I've had it it's jacked my battery usage up to 7% an hour!
    I second this. Please WA team do something about it...Running OS 5 on BB Curve 3G.
    12-25-11 04:22 AM
    Yesterday Whatsapp v.2.6.9372 ran well with wifi, but today after turn on the phone (Curve 8520 lastest version) and initialize it i had and i still have this: sincr. error:failed to transmit or local connection timed out after 60000

How can i use whatsapp without this error? (I haven't got blackberry conection, only wifi)

Please, help me
    Last edited by oscarspain; 12-25-11 at 07:40 AM.
    12-25-11 07:20 AM
    I'm experiencing some issues after xmas: sometimes my messages aren't delivered (until restart), sometimes I can't receive the messages, and sometimes they're delivered with a lot of delay.
    Sometimes, when I reboot my blackberry, I can't see any chat and any previous message, until next restart.

I've a bb9700 (os6 .706) on wind italy (3g, edge or wifi doesn't mind..same issues)
    12-27-11 10:25 AM
    Regarding the message history, their support team seems clueles. I deleted my old history, reinstalled, switched to device instead of media crad etc and nothing worked!

Update: I installed the beta version, and no change
    Last edited by jefo13; 12-28-11 at 10:58 PM.
    12-28-11 08:12 PM
    1. setting Whatsapp setting, message history to "none" or "device"
    2. delete whatsapp history db file at /Media card/database/Whatsapp/messageStore.db
    3. resetting Whatsapp setting, message history to "Media card" again

Hope this help,
    Last edited by xinbad; 12-29-11 at 06:15 AM.
    12-29-11 06:11 AM
    hi there!

I just purchased a 9790 and tried to install whatsapp but it doesnt work..

it asks for my mobile number...I put it... and then it validates...it validated successfully but then trie registration many times but fails... I was always using it on all of my previous bbs.....please help
    12-29-11 02:58 PM
351 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD