Dear whatsapp,

I just bought my bold 9900 , and the only app I downloaded was the whatsapp , the problem is while chatting on the whatsapp I get the hourglass A LOT which makes it rly rly hard to keep on chatting. I can't figure a way to solve this problem.

Fyi I had the bb 8520 and I used to chat on whatsapp without any problem

I'm on 3G , I have OS 7.0, and btw I have the latest update 2.7.6401
    Pleaaaseeee whatsapp help me fix my problem
    Whatsapp is notorious for having numerous inconsistent updates. I would suggest downgrading to an earlier version or else hop on to the beta section for a download. Beta.whatsapp.com
    04-24-12 02:23 AM
    I think the problem is in the latest 2 updates . Ok tell me how to downgrade my whatsapp to an earlier version cuz I tried the beta one and it freezes even mor.

Thank in advance
    SangreNegra likes this.
    04-24-12 04:18 AM
    Whatsapp need to fix the error of the LED keep flashing after I've read messages. It doesn't happen all of the time, just a few times a day, annoying though.
    04-24-12 04:20 AM
    I think the problem is in the latest 2 updates . Ok tell me how to downgrade my whatsapp to an earlier version cuz I tried the beta one and it freezes even mor.

Thank in advance
    Its hard to find the older version online. Google doesn't help much.
    But, I tend to keep a backup of my 3rdparty apps though. Let me dig in my harddrive, I may find a gem there.

BTW: I have (maybe) a .cod file of os 5, which os u have?
    04-24-12 06:54 AM
    right i have tried the whatsapp that i downloaded off bb app world its asks for my number the comes up with an error why and can u help me plz
    04-24-12 07:58 AM
    Its hard to find the older version online. Google doesn't help much.
    But, I tend to keep a backup of my 3rdparty apps though. Let me dig in my harddrive, I may find a gem there.

BTW: I have (maybe) a .cod file of os 5, which os u have?
    Thanks so much , I have os 7.0
    04-24-12 09:24 AM
    How do you use 'group chat' functionality with WA? I am missing an option to create a permanent group by including a few contats. Like with BBM. Is this planned to include in WA maybe? Thanks for help
    04-30-12 11:14 AM
    How do you use 'group chat' functionality with WA? I am missing an option to create a permanent group by including a few contats. Like with BBM. Is this planned to include in WA maybe? Thanks for help
    Menu>New Group Chat (make sure you are viewing the chats page/tab when you do this.)
    04-30-12 11:23 AM
    Yes, I know.. but it's still not very clear for me i.e. what happens if I mute a group 1hr, 1d etc.?
    04-30-12 11:40 AM
    Basically, this:

Any ideas on how to stop this from happening? I've been experiencing the issue through all the updates for OS6 with a 9800 I used to have and through all the updates for OS7 as well, with my current 9900!

And no, disabling "show on main messages app" just makes it worse. The notifications completely disappear. Just the icon on top of the notifications bar, nothing on the drop down menu, no messages notification, no nothing...

I, also, have contacted your e-mail support staff to no avail.
    05-06-12 10:51 AM
    Sometimes when I go out & meet peopple and they ask for my number, I don't want to give it out just yet but would like to keep in touch through WhatsApp 1st. Can I do this without revealing my cell number, if they gave me theirs? Under "contact support" I can see my pin #. If I gave out this pin # to those I want to WhatsApp with, can they find out my cell # from this pin #? If they are willing to give out their cell # and/or pin #, and I invite them to join my WhatsApp, by inviting them, does that mean they would know my cell #? Thanks
    05-08-12 11:37 AM
    Sometimes when I go out & meet peopple and they ask for my number, I don't want to give it out just yet but would like to keep in touch through WhatsApp 1st. Can I do this without revealing my cell number, if they gave me theirs? Under "contact support" I can see my pin #. If I gave out this pin # to those I want to WhatsApp with, can they find out my cell # from this pin #? If they are willing to give out their cell # and/or pin #, and I invite them to join my WhatsApp, by inviting them, does that mean they would know my cell #? Thanks
    Even if they don't have your number, once you message them, they will. WhatsApp displays your phone number if you're not a contact in their phone book.
    05-08-12 11:47 AM
    That sucks. I have a Blackberry phone and an iPhone. Which one allows me to use WhatsApp anonimously? Can't i just use my pin # to do whatsApp without revealing my cell #? there's got to be a way. Anybody out there knows? Thanks
    05-08-12 01:14 PM
    That sucks. I have a Blackberry phone and an iPhone. Which one allows me to use WhatsApp anonimously? Can't i just use my pin # to do whatsApp without revealing my cell #? there's got to be a way. Anybody out there knows? Thanks
    I don't think it matters what platform you're using, the app's just designed this way. PINs are BBM specific.
    05-08-12 02:07 PM
    Anyone having problems with Whatsapp today? I'm with Rogers but not sure if it matters.

Thanks.
    05-08-12 02:56 PM
    no problem today using verizion in US, chating with UK
    05-08-12 07:37 PM
    Yes WhatsApp has been playing up on most peoples phones, iPhone, Android and Blackberry.

EDIT: Most people i know in the UK that is.
    05-08-12 09:28 PM
    Working fine here, on Orange ES.
    05-08-12 09:33 PM
    Big problems yesterday in the UK.... Seems to be all okay now
    05-09-12 05:01 AM
    when will we be able to share voice, tunes on BB like on iOS, Android OS???
    06-03-12 10:11 AM
    I noticed that WhatsApp is not integrated into the 'send' sub-menu of the browser(s). Here's what I mean: click and hold trackpad on an image, and select 'send image link'. The choices that come up do not include WhatsApp.

It would be great if this integration could happen. I see it in the media folders, but not the browser, and that's where I share a lot of stuff from.
    07-30-12 06:57 PM
    I am using BB 9900 on BES plan, I am having 2 issues:

1- When I remove Whatsapp from my BB, it wipes the phone contacts with it, I tried this issue several times.

2- The whatsapp's push service stops daily from 9:30 pm (GMT+2) till around 1 am, i have to initiate a messege to start recieving messages. However my friends on BIS never had this issue. I contacted our BES admins and they said nothing wrong from their side

PS: I am using both latest 9900 OS and whatsapp version.
    any ideas?

thanks
    07-31-12 08:17 AM
    1- When I remove Whatsapp from my BB, it wipes the phone contacts with it, I tried this issue several times.
    All we know about this issue is:
    - Its quite rare, and we've never seen it ourselves, so we have no way of directly debugging it. (Yes, we do have a lot of test devices.)
    - When it does happen to someone, it tends keeps happening to them. (and it also tends to happen with other address-book-integrated apps as well)
    - It has to be a bug in the OS, since there's no way a 3rd party app should ever be able to actually cause this issue. (and its been reported from a wide variety of OS versions)

While I can't make any promises that it'll help us figure it out, there is something you could try that would help us get to the bottom of it, if you are willing to reproduce it.

1. From the home screen of your device, hold down "Alt" and press the key sequence "lglg" to open the event logger (easy to search for help on that one, if its not clear)
    2. Press the menu key, and go to "Options"
    3. Press the menu key, and select "Hide all types"
    4. Scroll down and check the following item (click, choose "Toggle filter"): "Java Exception"
    5. Close the event logger screen, saving changes
    6. Uninstall WhatsApp, and let your device reboot
    7. If your address book is now mysteriously cleared, return to the Event Logger (Alt-lglg, as above)
    8. See if there are any big bold log items, with words like "Exception" in them.
    9. Click on those items, copy the contents (its a menu option), paste into an e-mail, and send them to me (via PM if possible)

If we're lucky, there will be logged exceptions that say something related to the address book. Even if they're not useful to us, they can always be sent off to RIM for a second look.

2- The whatsapp's push service stops daily from 9:30 pm (GMT+2) till around 1 am, i have to initiate a messege to start recieving messages. However my friends on BIS never had this issue. I contacted our BES admins and they said nothing wrong from their side
    We have been working to resolve this one, and have been making progress recently. Are you still experiencing this issue as of the past day or two?
    07-31-12 11:59 AM
    All we know about this issue is:
    - Its quite rare, and we've never seen it ourselves, so we have no way of directly debugging it. (Yes, we do have a lot of test devices.)
    - When it does happen to someone, it tends keeps happening to them. (and it also tends to happen with other address-book-integrated apps as well)
    - It has to be a bug in the OS, since there's no way a 3rd party app should ever be able to actually cause this issue. (and its been reported from a wide variety of OS versions)

While I can't make any promises that it'll help us figure it out, there is something you could try that would help us get to the bottom of it, if you are willing to reproduce it.

1. From the home screen of your device, hold down "Alt" and press the key sequence "lglg" to open the event logger (easy to search for help on that one, if its not clear)
    2. Press the menu key, and go to "Options"
    3. Press the menu key, and select "Hide all types"
    4. Scroll down and check the following item (click, choose "Toggle filter"): "Java Exception"
    5. Close the event logger screen, saving changes
    6. Uninstall WhatsApp, and let your device reboot
    7. If your address book is now mysteriously cleared, return to the Event Logger (Alt-lglg, as above)
    8. See if there are any big bold log items, with words like "Exception" in them.
    9. Click on those items, copy the contents (its a menu option), paste into an e-mail, and send them to me (via PM if possible)

If we're lucky, there will be logged exceptions that say something related to the address book. Even if they're not useful to us, they can always be sent off to RIM for a second look.

We have been working to resolve this one, and have been making progress recently. Are you still experiencing this issue as of the past day or two?

I am really grateful for this support level, I will try to reproduce the first problem but after a while because the BES admin guys will kill me because I almost request a new activation password daily till I figured out this problem.

For the second issue I can not judge for the last couple of days because I get used to initiate messages during these outage periods so I cant tell whether it is solved or due to the messages initialization I am doing, I will try and report back in couple of days.

Again, thanks for this great support for a great application.
    07-31-12 08:18 PM
    I am really grateful for this support level, I will try to reproduce the first problem but after a while because the BES admin guys will kill me because I almost request a new activation password daily till I figured out this problem.

For the second issue I can not judge for the last couple of days because I get used to initiate messages during these outage periods so I cant tell whether it is solved or due to the messages initialization I am doing, I will try and report back in couple of days.

Again, thanks for this great support for a great application.

The second problem (push issue) is solved. Thanks a million, will report for the first issue soon.
    08-04-12 03:59 PM
351 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD