on Android i can definitely set different notification on group and normal contact, i come from Android, that's why i ask, and i still own a note 8
    You can set notifications, yes, but you cannot choose to mute group chat notifications while leaving single chat notifications on, or vice-versa. Is that what you're asking for?
    Attached Thumbnails Official WhatsApp Messenger support thread-screenshot_2013-08-31-19-28-40.jpg  
    Last edited by raino; 08-31-13 at 09:39 PM.
    08-31-13 09:28 PM
    Whatsapp has always offered video sharing with a 16mb limit. Even on BBs. What it doesn't do as of now, and cross-platform BBM supposedly will "in the fall" is video chat.
    sorry, i should written a bit more. i don't use whatsapp that much. honestly i hate it. messages never send.

anyway, the news say the latest android version 2.11.44, this version willa allow you to edit videos in case the file is too big.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 10:20 PM
    You can set notifications, yes, but you cannot choose to mute group chat notifications while leaving single chat notifications on, or vice-versa. Is that what you're asking for?
    in Android i can choose silent for notification tone in group notification, i want this at bb10 whatsapp too
    09-01-13 02:18 AM
    in Android i can choose silent for notification tone in group notification, i want this at bb10 whatsapp too
    Sorry about that, you're right. It's somewhat hidden under notification tones, but yes, it can be done. I wasn't looking deep enough.
    09-01-13 12:55 PM
    I just updated my Whatsapp on my BB 9780 and now it dosent�t work, it says "Error loading module 'WhatsApp': too many applications loaded" and I wan�t to downgrade the program but I need a .cod file

I�ve try to reinstall, same problem

Does anyone have a .cod file for Whatsapp ????
    09-24-13 05:45 AM
    Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 02:58 PM
    how to delete my WhatsApp account on BB10???
    10-26-13 07:51 AM
    how to delete my WhatsApp account on BB10???
    Try this: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/bb/21306771
    10-26-13 12:01 PM
    this option is not available on BB10...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:05 PM
    To delete the app on BB10, get your hands on the WhatsApp apk and convert it to bar.

Sideload it, then go through the process of signing up. Your phone won't auto-activate but you will get an SMS code. Wait for the 5:00 timer to elapse while WhatsApp waits for the authorization code.

Once the timer is up, it'll give you the option to manually enter the code. Once you do that, the setup process continues.

Once that is finished, go to Settings, 'Delete My Account', and voila. You can now delete both WhatsApp variants from your device.

It's tedious as hell but so far that's the only way I managed to do it.
    raino and Dave XII like this.
    10-27-13 06:37 PM
    good trick... Already thought of using my SIM in a friends Android to process the deletion of my acccount. But this one is even better. I'll check...

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 03:50 AM
    @WA, how long does it take to delete an account? I deleted my account a few days back but it's still active....

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 03:45 PM
    Hi. My whatsapp msg history doesn`t work. It comes up with the following error message: sqlite error (schemaupdate),etc. What`s it mean & how to fix?. I use whatsapp on my blackberry and the message history doesn`t work. It comes up with the following error message: Sqlite error (schemaUpdate): net.rim.device.api.database.DarabaseException:I have tried turning of my phone, rebooting ad `repairing` my memory card. What does this error message mean and how can it be fixed. Thank you

Hello
    My whatsapp msg history doesn`t work. It comes up with the following error message: sqlite error (schemaupdate),etc. What`s it mean & how to fix?. I use whatsapp on my blackberry and the message history doesn`t work. It comes up with the following error message: Sqlite error (schemaUpdate): net.rim.device.api.database.DarabaseException: I have tried turning of my phone, rebooting ad `repairing` my memory card. What does this error message mean and how can it be fixed. Thank you
    11-22-13 08:31 AM
    i am getting error in media settings in media history while saving in media card as "Error: Sqlite error (schemeUpdate): net.rim.device.api.database. Datebase Exception: SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE type='index' AND name=chat_history_jid_index': disk I/O error (10) "

how to solve this this error.
    11-30-13 07:07 AM
    Hi
    i would like some help with a problem iv been experiencing. my friend has a blackberry 8520 and says he has deleted whataspp off the phone, but did not deactivate the account. but the last seen at time is always updated.. like atleast twice a day. so, just wondering, if you delete whatsapp, can it still update your last seen time each day?
    please help
    12-01-13 06:51 AM
    @WA reps, how long does it take to delete an account? I deleted my account several months ago -but it's still active!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:04 AM
    Hi WhatsApp reps!

Will the ability to search in-chat and send larger files be implemented soon for BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 10:36 AM
    If/When an account is deleted, OTHERS will thus not see my number show up in their list, right?

And, like someone else said, when a number/account is deleted, how long before it doesn't show in WhatsApp?

Thanks in advance.
    12-25-13 12:57 PM
    Hello

Is it possible to give Whatsapp limited access to my contacts?

I have outlook contacts Facebook contacts and there is local contacts.

Can Whatsapp access only local contacts?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 03:17 PM
    If/When an account is deleted, OTHERS will thus not see my number show up in their list, right?

And, like someone else said, when a number/account is deleted, how long before it doesn't show in WhatsApp?

Thanks in advance.
    It should be removed almost immediately. It was nearly instantly when my mom switched her number to a previous whatsapp user. I saw the previous owner's face on my WhatsApp contact list, so I logged on to WhatsApp on her device and cancelled the account.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    12-25-13 07:41 PM
    I have the following error on my media card settings in WhatsApp.

Error: Sqlite error (shcemaUpdate): net.rim.device.api.database.Database
    Exception: SQLITE_IOERR_FSTAT

I can access my media card from other apps and can send photos in WhatsApp from my media card. It keeps saying in whatsapp that my message history is disabled because the memory card wasn't found.

I have WhatsApp version: 2.11.529

Any help appreciated.
    01-04-14 02:14 PM
    Randomly got booted out of Whatsapp while writing a message in a group chat from the hub. Upon opening the app itself, got prompted to enter phone number and set up the app from scratch again. After setup got an error and the app crashed two times. After that it opened normally and all chat history and chats were available. Worked stable since
    (Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1259)
    WhatsApp ver. 2.11.240

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by eldricho; 01-04-14 at 04:11 PM.
    01-04-14 03:59 PM
    @naviwilliams

after 1yr of inactivity (best guess)..The delete function is a fake. If you don't want people to track you via phone number at whatsapp; you should avoid installing it. -Use BBM :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 09:44 AM
    @naviwilliams

after 1yr of inactivity (best guess)..The delete function is a fake. If you don't want people to track you via phone number at whatsapp; you should avoid installing it. -Use BBM :-)

Posted via CB10
    Hi DAVEXII, what do you mean by "people TRACK you by phone at whatsapp"?

How or what can they track? i am about to install Whatsapp on my Blackberry Z10 and you comment gives me some concerns...
    06-13-14 07:09 AM
    I have the following error on my media card settings in WhatsApp.

Error: Sqlite error (shcemaUpdate): net.rim.device.api.database.Database
    Exception: SQLITE_IOERR_FSTAT

I can access my media card from other apps and can send photos in WhatsApp from my media card. It keeps saying in whatsapp that my message history is disabled because the memory card wasn't found.

I have WhatsApp version: 2.11.529

Any help appreciated.
    Had same problem for months after an update, with WhatsApp support being completely useless and obnoxious suggesting to wipe phone and other useless tips etc.
    This has been fixed with this week update on AppWorld, though. Eventually.
    06-20-14 05:52 AM
351 ... 12131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD